Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. druidporta123 New Member

Are there any camp rules on this new server or is it all just DPS war, to the victor goes the spoils? I'm trying to anticipate what it's going to be like in lower guk, mobs like Ragefire, Tranix, FBSS, Efreeti etc... I

Is it first to engage, first to get there, highest dps wins?

I've read before that there are no real things as "camps" on the old live servers.

I'd really appreciate a GM answer on this on how camps/mobs are supposed to be handled.
  2. Tornat Augur

I always respected peoples camps , always let who ever tagged it first take it. and through the years ive seen people kill steal peoples mobs , train people camps so they wipe. ect ect. nothing has ever happen to those players . I dont see anything different happening on this server..
    I could never do it I respect other people to much.

This is really the number one reason wanted Kurnark in at start at lest it spreads people out more and less chance of drama ever night. only time will tell. at lest they are open to putting a vote up if enough people want it
  3. Vaclav Augur

http://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16211

First in force in absence of any other agreement - if someone wants the camp you should find some equitable form of sharing it. [That's basically the summation to the official rules]

Regarding their enforcement of the rules that's subject to question - I'd imagine if enough people are bad enough that the "Hans Gruber" solution they mentioned for raiding has the possibility of trickling into XP competition as well.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm boned :(
    Aenoan, Irbax_Smoo and Fallfyres like this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

To be fair I've only ever heard of that one enforced when it comes to people relentless trying to evade the filter in public channels. (And these days the punishment when it happens is a longterm squelching [SPAM didn't exist when I stopped guiding, I do expect it's the current form used])

I'm just as guilty of that one myself - but fortunately I don't go out of my way to evade the filter - might do it on rare occasion by accident, but never intentionally.
  6. Zinth Augur

from my time as a guide a camp was to be respected and a camp was a small amount of mobs in the near vicinity not a whole zone or even half a zone as some might think.

and if everything in the zone was camped, then people where asked to share the mobs so if a camp had 6 mobs, then each group got 3 mobs. (you should get the idea, just small numbers to give you an idea)

but usually things worked out okay and people where good at sharing because reputation mattered... rep didn't matter all that much on the last two progression servers which is a shame... I hope things will be different here and I do hope that GMs will keep an eye on people with a very bad rep (they don't get them for nothing).
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

^^ That's how it was when I was a guide, too. Except there were more GMs, and all of us guides watching for stuff like violating the Play Nice Policy that once existed. I wasn't a guide for long. I was there to help the community as a volunteer CSR, not to hand out cookies and run RP scenarios. Kudos to the folks that are guides today, it's great what y'all are doing, but it just wasn't for me.
    Zinth likes this.
  8. Merry Elder

Can you imagine 10+ groups rolling into the special high end camps all wanting to "share" the named spawn? ^^

I mean seriously... take the Efreeti camp in SolB for example, has a bunch of imps and elementals for XP and that one named.
    Say 2 Groups are already sharing it and a third, fourth etc. rolls in and want their share - specially the named shared... it could cascade on to forever, so where do you draw a line?
    What if People just roam in there with their boxes to make other people want to leave because obviously spending time there would be the bigest waste ever when you are in a group of 6 maybe geting a shot at the named every few hours and maybe a imp or two for exp every now and then if at all...

I recall being trained out of that camp a few times on Fippy, some monk would just come in there bring a lot of crap to wipe the group being there and then his friends took the camp claiming to know nothing of a train while the monk sat right there with them on our corpses.

The harshest thing I recall back from classic was that I was camping the Ghost in Unrest, some guy came by and wanted to share the named spawn - ok fine I abided by the rules.
    This honestly went up to 4 people, 5 at one point all sharing that one named spawn.
    Actually we asked the third person to show up kindly to leave since it was already shared but he claimed it the other guy was just a box of mine and called in a GM... the GM then verified we werent related or boxes or whatever and still told us to share it truh 3 people... from there on it went downhill.
    Honestly, back in classic this was my first and last time being witness to something like this so it may be just a very unique thing but.... some clarification on how this would be played out on Ragefire would be interesting, considering the crowd that will be around there for a long time and the lack of camps for it.
  9. Zinth Augur

Exactly, we guides where there to take care of issues and if they went out of hand we could escalate it and get a REAL GM on the scene to slap unruly players around

guides where well respected and appreciated and we had a great function, I took a break and returned later for the cookie deal, what a bunch of bull...
  10. Zinth Augur

Actually the correct thing in that situation would have been to put up a line, just like there was on the DE mask on Fippy. First in, first loot, etc. etc. and everyone helps hold the mob down.

First 6 in line stays in the group, as people leave #7 and #8 etc. replaces #1 and #2 etc.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Correct varied largely by the GM lead in question - ours over on Sol Ro had some interesting interpretations.

"Something needing to be done" tended to be universal, but what needed to be done was subject to wildly varying GM opinions. (Which worked well when there was a consistent group of at few GMs per server - less so when they were spread over many)
  12. Nolrog Augur

Most of the people I have run into over the years respect others camps. Sometimes there's a mistake and an apology and sometimes the camps may overlap a bit, but there usually isn't major problems, at least from what I've personally seen.
  13. Remdag New Member

Its going to be a DPS race/war. Highest DPS wins.
  14. Oberon Augur

There ya go, we're allowed to steal camps now :)
  15. Hateseeker Augur

A great victory for consistency. Now players that were afraid to go all out can do so and not be victimized for fear of being the one caught doing the DPS racing.
    Barton and Fallfyres like this.
  16. MBear Augur

So, KSing is now a thing of the past, or is this just in reference to named or raid mobs?
  17. Oberon Augur

Even more reason to be an enchanter now
    Fallfyres, code-zero and Sheex like this.
  18. Remdag New Member

DPS wins in all situations.
    Frenzic likes this.
  19. oleris Elder

wow.... this makes me not want to play this server. People will have no reason to not be . I guess training then FD'ing will be alright then to get the camp you want.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Memblur just became the most powerful spell in the raid game. Woo!
    Irbax_Smoo, Nniki, Deadlyne and 2 others like this.