Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Greymere Augur

Again seems to me a lot of overreaction going on for what still hasn't happened yet.

You want to show them that a TLP server under this ruleset is desired and can be successful, subscribe.

You want to let them know about every toxic act occurring on their TLP server petition.

If after a month of getting your character to level cap, the atmosphere is so toxic you do not wish to remain playing, unsubscribe and make it clear on doing so to them why you did.

Resubscribe the month of the vote to unlock the server, if the atmosphere is still toxic vote to keep the server in its current expansion.

And keep in mind we know what comes next with all these expansions, the Loot, most of it trvial by Velious is the root source of the angst, since nothing in Classic is behind a keywall.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Some might be overreaction but the entire point of setting up a Beta server and letting the population know details in advance is to try to make the server as good as it can be from day 1. I don't think it's necessarily bad for the future server population to emphasize the positives and negatives of what has been announced, especially when it's based on what has actually happened on these servers in the past.
  3. Jamz Augur

I agree with Greymere, locking down just the classic mobs in classic is significantly easier as there is a lot less of them to keep track of. Vote no until the population dwindles and there's only a couple guilds left playing.
  4. fazool Augur

And 32 pages of posts in just this thread, not counting the multiple other threads.

So....DBG is (once again) ignoring that there is substantial and vocal concerns raised by a portion of their most loyal customers (those on these forums).

And, if you had a sliver of business sense you could easily justify the cost of real PNP GM policing with the amount of customers you will gain/save/retain.

I've said it in so many similar threads, where DBG is so incredibly disconnected from what's going on it's beyond mind-boggling. It's almost like a group got together as a Harvard Business School experiemtn to see just how incompetently you can run a company.
  5. Oberon Augur

Getting KS'd seems trivial if people are free to train. Why are people still talking about that. I don't think people realize just how "good" certain people will be at shutting down entire zones
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

1) There probably won't be enough mobs alive to train;
    2) We really shouldn't be forced into such a tactic in order to protect our camps; and
    3) It's not really definite that training has been condoned as an unactionable tactic yet.
  7. daffie999 Augur

Jerks can easily box a cleric.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Aye, jerks can box a cleric, look at me, I box 3.

But wouldn't it be soooo much nicer to just not be complete tools, and be decent to each other? That way there's plenty of real clerics n stuff to go around? If I decide to play on ragequit, I will box my 3 clerics, I will keep mostly to myself, I will help those that ask, and I will keep a long list of names that cause me too much grief. And when I am asked to join a raid/guild, I will cross reference those names. Just something to consider before you decide to let your members run amuck. The biggest help DBG could provide in this, is to not allow name changes here.
  9. Diemond Augur

You do realize that the big power guilds won't have a shortage of any class and don't care about the individuals reputation?
  10. Roxxanna Augur

Of coarse, I sure my refusal would likely make little impact, however, with the dwindling population, every one of us that takes that same stance makes it hurt a bit more. Soon enough it would be all big power guilds grieving each other over a ghost town. I think the difference here, is that most of us are older now, with kids, jobs, a life, and I just don't see the same level of d-bagging happening as back when we were all teenagers.
  11. Diemond Augur

You're right it won't be the same, with the removal of the pnp it will be worse.
  12. Vaclav Augur

Boycotts work to a degree - if you refuse to buy from anyone other than "trusted vendors" and encourage the rest of the portion of the server that gives a crap to get on board with the idea, you can really hit them where it hurts for many. (Including outside of game RMT)
  13. Diemond Augur

More than boycotts would work, something I never understood on the other servers, we are going to vastly outnumber the people who are going to be ahats yet we never band together as a whole to drive them off.
  14. Greymere Augur

Big power guilds being the ones responsible for any toxicicity rather than individuals would be a godsend honestly. It is much easier to deliver a strong message punishing a guild for harassment than hunting down 100 individuals. Its also pretty easy to identify bad apples when they all cluster together that way. If for example guild <Tickles Lads> spends every raid spawn training groups organizing to attack raid spawns, monopolizes entire zones and blocks content for 95% of the rest of the playerbase it becomes pretty obvious to the players and the GMs where the problem is.
  15. Diemond Augur

But that hasn't happened on the previous 2 TLPs. I hope it will for this one though, as I said earlier we are going to vastly outnumber them.
  16. chris_the_mage Augur

I am glad you had an enjoyable experience on Vulak, I too enjoyed my stay there.
  17. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    I really like your suggestions, good post. I can see competitive guilds looking at that as way to stand toe-to-toe and have something to be proud of on the Hardcore server for sure.

Sadly, the freaks intent on screwing with whomever they can and taking the most 24-7 will still go to the main Ragefire server as the 'pickins will be choice' there with less competition from the guilds who are ace and...well, --- no way to filter out that happening o_O
  18. Hateseeker Augur

I have another idea, this one for group content. I realize it probably would be too hard to code, but, we need solutions...

What if certain items in each zone were designated...I don't what you would call it, let's just say....High Accomplishment items. FBSS, for example...anything that people are likely to camp and fight over gets this tag. Edit: Not ANYTHING, but the top few items of each zone.

The purpose of this idea is Automatic Camp Termination and Sharing Protocol. So what does it do? Every time a player loots an item in a group zone that has been designated High Accomplishment, it teleports the player and anyone they were grouped with during the kill of the mob that dropped the item, to Shadowrest, along with any corpses they have unrezzed. Optionally, this mechanic could be enhanced with two things:
    1. A lockout period that prevents the players from zoning back into the zone for X number of minutes
    or
    2. Something similar to trivial loot code, but prevents them from seeing the corpse of that mob for the next X minutes (this could also apply without the Shadowrest trip). This would mean if you keep DPS racing someone continuously, you won't be able to see the corpse and it will allow open looting.

What will this do? It will allow people to DPS race, but if they win the item in question, it will provide some measure of terminating them from continuing.
  19. Greymere Augur

Agree two servers just means two servers to get grief on and population spread out more which would hurt as the population decreases in later expansion unlocks. Increasing the number of higher level zones as they are doing with starting areas would be a better short term solution, if they feel it is necessary down the road. I don't recall anyone saying it wasn't a possibility just that it wouldn't happen at launch and they were taking a wait and see approach, same thing for enforcement, they are gonna let us dps race and work out our own solutions first before responding themselves if they must( I imagine if they are being flooded with petitions for the same things over and over again in game they may just)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------

*I hope the devs are paying attention to the ideas being put forward in posts like yours currently and some others. Maybe even if they are impractical because of time and resources at this point which is what we've been told on some suggestions, these could be prioritized to consider for Ragefire's-future.