Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Genoreaper Journeyman

at least on Vulak, the server was only able to really hold 2 raid guilds until pop, one guild starts to pull ahead and starts to get more players, that guild will then proceed to dominate. i was in the #2 guild and our GL tried as hard as possible to get us raid targets to raid, most nights we would get dps raced/ksed on targets. we at least had some form of GM intervention then to stop this toxic style of raiding, It almost never worked, and that's all gone now...

I don't see it as doom and gloom, the last round of TLP had huge problems, none of which were corrected this time around. if anything they are being allowed to be worse.
  2. MBear Augur

Sounds like doom and gloom. Are you under the impression doom and gloom can't be accurate? It can be.
  3. Genoreaper Journeyman

maybe your right, all I can say is enjoy your experience.
  4. crag79 Augur

BTW everyone fighting over this has to remember this now expands to all EQ servers. This isn't just for Ragefire. Daybreak is doing this for the whole game. To me, that means it was set in motion when the takeover happened and was going to happen no matter what.
  5. Genoreaper Journeyman

Are you still active on test crag79? Ive been considering just playing there instead of ragefire, wondering how the server pop is doing.
  6. crag79 Augur

Nah. Haven't really played there since UC/IC folded. been playing more on Trak up until the last month or so.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I've long thought that kill credit damage should be counted separate from membluring, etc.

It makes no sense to get full XP for a mob your group only did 1% damage to.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    Much the same thought I posted in another thread. Everytime I see well-meaning players assuming (*learned at a young age what that word, broken down means)...well I sorta shake my head. I am going forward into the launch of Ragefire. I know some of the cretin low-lifes are going to cause strife and hassle. I plan on having fun with some friends and enjoying it to an extent. But neither I, nor those I know have much stake in this at this point.

So, if the lowlife's do even half of what the experienced players from the other two progression servers are expecting, and if DBG does nothing, well, that will change a whole lotta players sub plans. However, I highly doubt DBG made any of these decisions at the drop of a hat. This is a business. It must be running under some sort of structure. Comeon, these things have been planned, and made actionable way before just the last two weeks. Really.

This is their gamble. Either they are ace and have it squared away, or, well probably a significant portion of the playerbase is going to be negatively affected, and thus take their entertainment dollars elsewhere.

One might wonder at a minimum why DBG would be going forward with such little oversight. And every effective discipline idea for keeping the sewer drudge at bay does not take 100 extra man hours and five extra staff to head up. A myriad of decisions could/should already be in place which does fit into the parameters their staff are working under in order to make this server a success.

It seems pretty simple to me: join the server and have some fun. If reasonable playstyles from a variety of players cannot enjoy the servers, if that fun is taken away and conduct is not managed by DBG, *shrugs. It will be sad.

C'est la vie...if that happens it wasn't meant to be/wasn't what we hoped for/wasn't what it could have been. I don't think the players should be figuring out the answers to these problems right now, though its admirable. I expect DBG to provide a fun game to be played. We're all waiting to find out! And it won't take long to know.

*3 1/2 More Days to Ragefire Launch!!
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

I'm looking forward to this server going live.

I've no intention of ever playing there, but the drama will be Epic! :p
  10. Genoreaper Journeyman

and no, I don't think Loga has any plans on forming on ragefire, the loga forums were active for awhile, when the voting was still going on, since the dps/war announcement there has been zero activity.

I however, will be playing and will be looking for a guild thats not set on destroying the longevity of the server, as EoE did.
  11. Dupre_MIM Elder

You're not paying very close attention to what people are preparing for on this server then, because it's poised to be a repeat. That said, a lesson can be taken from what EoE did by the upper tier guilds on this server. For the longevity of the server, getting their own play nice policy set-up would be a wise decision. The population of Vulak died not because EoE curbstomped the competition, but because after they were clearly beaten they proceeded to break every bone in their body. The top guilds would do well on this server to win, and then play nice with everyone else until the next expansion rolls out so they continue to have a population to feed on for recruits. That is why Vulak ultimately died, there was no one left for EoE to recruit from because no one stayed to play since there was literally nothing worth playing for.

Will be interesting to see if they learn from the mistakes of the past.
  12. Genoreaper Journeyman

Oh I've been paying attention, I should have been more clear, I'm looking for a non raid guild at least till vel, gonna level slow and try to enjoy myself. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the top guilds learn from the mistakes of the top guilds on TLP2.0.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. The Broken One New Member

So how much will this stuff actually occur?
  14. Lekkric18 Elder

If you mean the KSing, training, and all that other crap, then more than you'd like but still less than the boards make it seem.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Aiona Augur

*Reads both of Remdags responses on the first page*
    Oh? Ohhh!... clearly I need to be playing a Wizard then, not a cleric. lol
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

Whats up Dupre:D, go huskers
  17. wildone Elder

well if people dont respect camps just form a raid in zone and ks them
  18. wildone Elder

oops i meant out dps them.
  19. Vaclav Augur

And gut your XP... seems lose-lose.
  20. Diemond Augur

The majority of people that will be named camping are going to be max level anyway, so what exp?