Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Lekkric18 Elder

Remember to /dance on the corpse with the 2 toons not casting evac, style points go a long way!
  2. Maxium Dualblade Elder

The community will form itself out in the end. If it becomes toxic as far as key blocking, enchanter stealing, monk training or any other form of mass grieving then most players will quit. Some camps in this game can take hours or even days to get what you want. With the average person only getting 3-4 hours of personal time a day due to work, kids, school or whatever, then they won't put up with that kind of thing for very long.

And if too many quit, the server will dry out and the people that caused the problem won't have anyone left to play with. I personally don't see any real reason to do these types of things for 16 year old content. Unless ruining people's day raises your self esteem, then by all means do it. We have no problem going back to Project 1999. We realize this isn't World of Warcraft. We don't need "free things". Just respect between other people that are trying to enjoy the game. Otherwise, you won't have a strong community by the time Planes of Power hits.

DPS race isn't nostalgia. Ban hammers are.

See you all in the game. And if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to message me!
    Deadshade and Jezzie like this.
  3. Lord Binky Elder

4. Vaclav Augur

All but one mention of training (hidden within a harassment parentheses) is gone - the actual standard line dedicated to not training is gone.

I'd tend to think they missed the parentheses by accident.
    Maxium Dualblade likes this.
  5. Deadshade Augur

Ok so this is supposed to be an all out KSing, DPS war.
    No GMs, no rules, just a wild jungle where any psychopath can dream to be a king.

If it really is that, we all know what will happen - people who can't change the hell they are living in, vote with their feet.
    They will simply unsub - I certainly would.
    And finally as this is supposed to be a business, even the company owners will realize that something is wrong when the revenues start crashing down.
    Then they will take action. Too late for those who already left but perhaps it will be a lesson for the next TLP.
  6. Religious Elder

Any half-wit that's paid even the tiniest bit of attention to the previous set of progression servers already knows this lesson. So either Daybreak fully intends to ignore the lesson, or they weren't capable of learning it to begin with, which in and of itself speaks volumes. At this point, there's really no need for further discussion. You will be ksed, whether this be by legitimate means, or through a well timed Memblur and DD. No, nothing will be done about it. Enjoy your stay on Ragefire. "You're in our world now".
  7. Strawberry Augur

the fact you referred to it as a "war" means you already know it's going to be a toxic environment of griefers

it means every melee and support class can just get their mob nuked and be KS'd
    it means every higher level player can grief a lower level player by KS

apparently there's no funds for GM, so why bother opening a server, it's going to last a couple of week until people had enough of the griefing, training and killstealing and that will be it
  8. Dredlox Elder

It seems to me that this is their intent unfortunately. Leave a bad taste in all of the old school eq'ers who thought classic was best, it has to be their thinking. I mean, no one in their right mind wouldn't see that this is an opportunity to bring in new money and if done right, could actually retain some of that. From the past we have seen that the TLPs will have more people starting on them than a live server.

Why not have multiple servers, spread people out, let people play and enjoy it, then merge in PoP to revitalize and continue on. What gaming company releases a "new" game with only one server when they know, without a doubt, it's going to be so crowded, people will leave in droves after a month, and oh btw, have that classic free option in which they are probably all ready playing.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

Are we really Bros? It would make me so happy if we were.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Perhaps I am too much of a cynic, but to me it seems like a balance sheet exercise to make the company more desirable, so the investment company can sell it on.

It follows the normal pattern :
    1. Company bought on cheap.
    2. Company restructured and slashes costs by reducing the number of employees.

In this case :
    1. SOE sold to investment company in 1st quarter of 2015.
    2. Investment company slashes employee numbers in 1st quarter of 2015.
    3. A new TLP is launched during 2nd quarter 2015, it has minimal overhead as it is 1 set of hardware and it has minimal support costs.

With the launch of the new TLP will be a lot of returning players, most of which will purchase multi-month subscriptions, so this will generate fresh income for the company, The 2nd quarter figures look much healthier than the 1q, so armed with this improvement the investment company goes out to the market to seek potential buyers.
  11. deathdodge Journeyman

I dont understand how that can be justified. Is this just so people dont have to be paid to enforce actual "playnice" rules?
  12. Dredlox Elder

Any potential buyers would hopefully already be interested. And if they are and read this sh!tstorm, would stay as far away as possible. I mean, as is, "Hey, we brought in a month of increased revenue! Now it's going to crash and burn, don't worry, the death threats aren't real!"
  13. Juicepolice Elder

I'm coming back to have fun. I will not KS and to be honest if KS is going on bigtime in a area I will just leave and find somewhere else to have fun. If there is nowhere else I will just log and go watch TV.

I will not be playing a dpser so I guess I am at the mercy of others but it's easy to keep a list. I think it's a given that the population is going to decrease over time and eventually running around as a dps being a jerk is going to backfire on you when trying to get a group.

The Tanks and Healers and other support can have long memories.

Heck back in the early days I remember players getting REALLY upset because we wouldn't group with them because they had made our Jerk List. Tick off enough healers and tanks and you better hope you are in a real stable raid guild.

Yeah the whole rename potion thing kinda ruins all that I guess. Still, once a jerk probably always a jerk,better be a rich jerk if he wants to keep playing.
  14. Mezrah Augur

You would hope so, but there have been plenty of times that insufficient due diligence has been performed prior to a purchase.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Every so often you will run into one player with one toon that might win a DPS race against you.

The reality is that the people who will take advantage of this are the people playing 6 characters or more and won't need to invite you for their groups or for their rezzes. Their reputations are not at stake because there is nothing they risk by tarnishing them.

It's pretty sad. With few exceptions, most of the people posting here in favor of the group content dps race rule are rejoicing in their chance to be horrible to other people. Most of the people posting here in favor of the PNP and engagement rules are doing the exact opposite. Classy.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  16. Biscutti New Member

Gonna have to agree with Religious that top guilds won't care about whether a player has KS'ed named mobs or stolen camps, especially if they're good. A social guild might take it into account but... the everquest community doesn't use Reddit all that much. Obviously there is a community there but it is by no means large compared to what will be the total player base.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Being someone that regularly gets involved in investing (although not at Columbus Nova levels) - I've never heard of anyone poking this deeply into things. You look at quarterly reports and other data, rather than going over their ratings on forums and the BBB to see "customer impact".

Some of my best earning investments on the NYSE are companies that have terrible customer service records in fact. I own VZW stock after all, and I'm pretty sure Comcast is part of a mutual I carry.
  18. Biscutti New Member

THE DRAMA. YESS. Gives me something to read while slayin'.
  19. Vaclav Augur

I didn't see the rename potions on beta FYI.

I'm hopeful they delay them until instancing comes into place.
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

If this rule does stay in effect and the end guilds take too much advantage of it, they will be shooting themselves in the foot when it comes time for recruitment in three years and the server population is worse than it was on Fippy after Omens of War.

If I see too much exploitation of this supposed rule, I'll be voting no on every expansion release and encouraging as many people as possible to do the same. Delaying expansion releases is really the only thing that can be done in retribution. On Fippy, this poked the hornet's nest and caused the ultra hard core to lock down as much content as possible. But come the next expansion, their population had suffered quite a bit.