Crash Issue - Max Lockouts?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Funktions Lorekeeper

Tried the garbage file deletion and tested several attempts to zone between PoK and PoT without a crash. Guessing this will go away as soon as I get a lockout tonight, but at least it's something for when raids are done.
  2. Zanarnar Augur

HUMM; maybe a quick dotnet app to monitor the EQ folder for files created with characters not in A-Za-z0-9_-() and immediately delete them. If I get enough lockouts that it affects me I'll make sure to try that and see if its at least a temporary work-around. Probably won't help most of you (as who would trust running an app some random dude posts); but I could at least share it with my guild-mates until a proper fix goes in.

mm maybe I could just make it a powershell script; I do believe IO.Filesystemwatcher is accessible there too...
  3. casty Journeyman

BRB! deleting eq directory.. I mean bump! haha
  4. Eratani New Member

daily bump
    another night of my guildies sighing and complaining about crashing literally after each boss is defeated that drops loot

getting loot drops should be a moment of celebration and right now its not thanks to this bug that is causing YOUR PLAYERS to be scared and frightened each time they succeed in game because they know a crash is immeninent and theres nothing they can do to prevent it

stop making your players feel uneasy about progressing or helping others - let us enjoy the game how it should be played IE with just standard lag issues or server crashes

this bug is testing the patience of LOYAL Everquest players and if its not resolved soon there will be nobody playing this game after Planes of Power.

Period.
  5. Communist Puppy Augur

Crashing everytime i zone, get a lockout, and half the time when i log into eq. This really needs to get addressed.
  6. Hamshire Augur

I believe this is the only game on the market that I have ever crashed as much as I have in and I cannot believe daybreak has yet to respond about this issue.

get a raidinvite - crash
    zone - crash
    summon mount - crash
    afk - crash
    do nothing - crash
    kill something - crash
    move - crash

Some crash to the point that the game is unplayable and we have been asking for a fix or at least a response to this for months and have got nothing.....at least our 15$ is going to H1Z1.
  7. JethroGibbs Journeyman

Crashed gating into PoTranq for no reason
  8. Funktions Lorekeeper

File deletion method has stopped fixing the crash for me. Maybe I need another lockout? Really wish we could just get a response, because currently this makes Phinny unplayable for me.
  9. Hamshire Augur

If you reinstall EQ everyday its playable but you still crash here and there but at least your not crashing constantly.
  10. Zeklia Lorekeeper

Would like to get a response from Daybreak when this nonsense is gona be fixed, getting tired of crashing every raid night when loot drops
    Funktions likes this.
  11. Healbro Elder

I dunno what u guys are talking about. Crashing every 2 minutes adds a whole new layer of fun to the game for me. We should all be thankful for the privilege of spending $15 a month to play a game that crashes every time you try to do anything for weeks on end with no response from the company running the game.
  12. Mwapo Augur

Crashed when loot popped up for a Phase 1 time named.

Crashed again loading into Time A.

Crashed when gating to Tranquility after a Phase 1 Named
  13. Kronko Elder

14. Hamshire Augur

15. Mwapo Augur

Crashed when Vallon Zek died in Plane of Time B Phase 4.

Crashed again when gating to Plane of Tranquility.

Crashed Levanting in Sebilis

Crashed Zoning into Sebilis
  16. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

You can't make this up... I crashed while submitting my vote about the crash...

[IMG]
  17. Hamshire Augur

18. Zeklia Lorekeeper

anyone wana bet the reason why he cut off his taskbar in the above screenshot....is so no1 would see the Penguin....
  19. Mwapo Augur

Crashed gating into Tranquility from Plane of Water
  20. Mwapo Augur

Crashed when getting a DZ