Crash Issue - Max Lockouts?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Machen New Member

My current guild is getting hit with it just from PoTime + 4 elementals planes, nothing else on lockout.
  2. Phinny's Dark Knight New Member

When you refuse to comment on/neglect something as wide spread as 12+ crashes a night for your players, your customers get the impression that you do not care.

From what I can tell this issue has received no formal acknowledgement from anyone at Daybreak. Even if it is not easy, or upon first glance appears impossible to fix, TELL US THAT. We need to hear something from you. From our perspective this has received no attention because no one has commented about it at all, and its happening to every player who raids all current content weekly on Phinny.

You even went as far as to delete the other thread on this same topic. But you refuse to take 2 minutes to give us a status update?
  3. Machen New Member

It is tracked on the issue tracker, and they have acknowledged it is an issue. Maybe they don't realize how severe an issue, but they know and have acknowledged that it is an issue.
  4. Phinny's Dark Knight New Member

I am acknowledging that you are a horrible father.

Now someone fix my crashing issue.
  5. Brumans Augur

6. Funktions Lorekeeper

crashed all night in Time basically right as every boss or last add for a boss has died.

I don't even think I'm triggering the lockout cap thing unless just the elemental planes + time is enough to cause this nonsense.
  7. casty Journeyman

Count your dzs up, this actually should be enough lol
  8. Funktions Lorekeeper

Yeah, counting 65 atm following Elementals + Time. Idk if any have dropped since last night, but it's ridiculous regardless. We had a person crash at least 16 times before we got to Phase 5 of Time.

I felt like I got off lucky with just around 8 crashes.
  9. Catashe Augur

I didn't start crashing til I hit 70 lockouts.. The problem was once I hit 70 lockouts yes I crashed.. but I only crashed once.. The other 2 lockouts I got that night didn't trigger a crash.. So its almost random if it happens or not..
  10. Atabishi Augur

From what me and others have found, getting new additional lockouts once you start crashing can actually fix the problem. Once you reach the threshold (whatever that may be) of lockouts that start to crash you, getting an additional lockout(s) will fix the problem. If you get another lock out after that, you may start crashing again and will have to get another lockout to fix it, thus continuing the never ending cycle of just keep getting more lockouts and you'll eventually land on a number that's fine ! If you are at the end of your raid night and still continuing to crash, just go grab random lock outs until one fixes your DZ window, then you're safe until the next raid :p
  11. Zanarnar Augur

Just adding a bump since this is *still* an ongoing issue. Thought I'm not REALLY sure I want them to look at this.. as I'm sure the fix will be to remove the AoC's from all previous expansions and limit you to 50 expedition lockout total....
    Brurus likes this.
  12. Aegir Augur

Alright. Here's a possible temporarily manual fix that worked for some in my guild including myself:

Go to your Everquest directory. If you've been raiding and having these lockout bugs you'll quickly see some odd symbolized named files like "´Æ#"¤" They all have 1kb size.

Sort your Everquest directory by size and you'll get em all lined up. They also just have a "file" format - not a database or text format. Go ahead and delete them all and you should be able to zone and log-in without crashing again.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I thought this was a troll then I looked in my EQ directory.

What the F*** daybreak?
  14. Brurus Journeyman

It's funny because it's true.
  15. October New Member

16. Zeklia Lorekeeper

we have people in our guild that are crashing every time something new is added to the lockout list...basically after every boss fight
  17. Phinny's Dark Knight New Member

This is the beginning of the end. This amount of silence from Daybreak on an issue this widespread can only mean that they have directive to not invest any energy into this game any longer.

Everquest being shut down soon guys. RIP.
  18. Myth Elder

went raiding tonight, now i am crashing every time i zone and usually when i log back in. What the hell has happened to this game
  19. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It looks like Jchan is working on this issue, hopefully she can find a fix quickly.

I did notice the weird ascii text named files in my directory. Has anyone deleted these files and crashes stopped?
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I deleted all the weird files and stopped crashing until I got another lockout, at which point I crashed again.