Crash Issue - Max Lockouts?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Robnie Augur

Can confirm this is a lockout issue.

Way back when someone did a 24 hour raid stream for charity and we went back and did many many old raids the people who were a part of this were crashing constantly until the lockouts went away
  2. Taladir Augur

What's your deal? You've all the sudden started a posting flurry, most without any meaningful content. In another thread you said your time to play this game is limited now, but you have all day to troll this forum?
  3. tuttles Augur

the lockout tracker is causing major client stability issues. this needs attention
  4. valek New Member

They hardcoded the array size for the lockouts. So anything over that it writes into junk memory. Depending on what's there it might crash the client. The more lockouts I guess the bigger a chance of a crash.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea based on the number of lockouts a guild farming PoTime and half-all of the Elementals will be receiving, these crashes will be occurring regularly.

Really needs to be looked into.
  6. TarewMarrForever Augur

^^^ would be funny, and not in the least surprising...

I hope that is the case, it will be a super simple fix!

This would explain why I never see this, and I rarely have over a half dozen lockouts.
  7. Machen New Member

This. Seems pretty obvious something along these lines is happening when you see the screenshots of lockout timers with random stuff from memory.
  8. Fragile Journeyman

@Devs - Fix on the way? This is no bueno
  9. Astley Augur

lol troll... As I said in the other thread. I also true-box. I have nothing against people boxing, but I know there is no point in arguing with DB to lessen the restrictions on the code. TarewMarrForever at least knows something about the code workings. You on the other hand really don't know anything.

This is about people getting disconnected who aren't even boxing, because they have so many lockouts from going through all of the Planes of Powers targets in less than a week. The lockouts themselves are glitched and not displaying properly. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the truebox code because it is affecting people with only 1 account.

If you were running around in a guild that was able to clear through that many lockouts already you would know more about it.
  10. Ryak Augur

Did you report this in the bug thread? They're usually more responsive over there for things that are unambiguously bugs, like this.
  11. Jaera Augur

Just checked the most recent patch notes, there's nothing in them that addresses this problem...

Yet

They've added things recently in the interim between the Test patch and the Live patch, so with luck they'll take a look at this thread and be able to come up with a solution in time.
  12. Healbro Elder

I crash about 80% of the time I zone anywhere. Crash pretty much any time I get a lockout (P1 Time Bosses) and on top of that randomly crash just standing around pretty often. I've probably crashed 50+ times between finishing Time on Sunday and now (Wednesday afternoon) it's reaching the point of frustration that I don't even want to play til this gets fixed. Or at least til some of my lockouts drop off I guess.
  13. Oldschool Elder

I crashed at end of Torment raid last night. I did not get the lockout, what I DID get was transported (when I logged back in) to a zone that looked like Qeynos only to be killed by a human model Trakanon and his Myconid buddies. Kind of funny in a way, but irritating too.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  14. Eratani New Member

bump this one up to the top
    @Devs please look here :)
  15. Astley Augur

Incidentally, this appears to be a glitch from trying to log back into a flagged instance if you were not fully flagged for that instance and carried in by the 85/15 rule. Probably a system check to prevent people from trying to warp themselves into zones they don't belong in and so it dumps you into that ghost zone.
  16. Moosehead New Member

Still crashing almost every time I zone. And now login servers are messed up so double whammy.
  17. Oldschool Elder

Trouble is that I am fully flagged for it. I dunno, just my luck.
  18. vardune Augur

Did you go outside yet?
  19. Aevark New Member

20. Machen New Member

Attacking players who are encountering legitimate, game destroying bugs isn't really appropriate here (especially given your stance on the boxing issues.) It doesn't matter what people who are experiencing this bug did for the last week. What matters is that players are facing a game breaking bug.