Crash Issue - Max Lockouts?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Phinigel players seem to be experiencing crashes when new lockouts are added to your list due to what looks like a maximum allowable display?

Checking my lockout window it looks like I have 75 different lockouts and then a variety of bogus ones with 14712Day lockouts and special characters under the name etc. Some of the lockouts just aren't showing up when we kill the mob. I am assuming it is a display issue?

Is there some maximum number of lockouts the DZ window can display? Between the Loot Lockout, Replay Timer and the individual mobs, we seem to be running up against it. I suspect this will be a common issue for players who are doing Plane of Time, Elemental Planes and maybe Vex Thal on the regular.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just crashed 3x in the span of 8 minutes. Let's not push untested clients on a Friday then leave the office for the weekend again.

Edit: 4 times in 16.
  3. HollyLover New Member

[IMG]

I am by no means a developer, but it appears that the expedition window may be loading data from the wrong database/store. I see multiple strings in my expedition window that are comments on the TLP surveys done before expansions release.
  4. Machen New Member

Is there a legitimate in game way you can get 28000 day lockouts on content? Especially content with random, nonsensical names of jibberish characters? If not, maybe something should be done about it.
    Taladir likes this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea the crashes are 100% related to lock out issues. Some people were assuming it was a crash related to the advanced loot window but we were having people crash in PoTime Phase 3 when we killed named mobs that did not drop loot but did create a lockout.

I'll be curious to see if after all the old Vex Thal and Planar Progression lockouts fall off if the crashes continue.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I have to also assume it is a Phinigel-specific issue, as if this was affecting Live servers as well we'd be seeing way more posts about it on both their forums and the support section.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Well I suspect that is mostly due to the nonsensical Replay and Loot Lockouts given every single target, and the instanced content being everywhere.

When you're getting 3 lockouts per zone in PoP, plus the extra events in multi-event zones, plus PoTime's 37 lockouts... I don't think the number of lockouts players on Phinigel are experiencing is commonly experienced on other servers. You're talking about something like... 40 lockouts pre-EPs, 8 in ToSR, 8 in EarthA, 5 in EarthB, 11 in Air, 7 in Water, 13 in Fire...

It's very difficult to run into these numbers on Live servers because no one really cares to go back to many old raids.
  8. Dreddnaught New Member

Looks like anyone who has completed potime is having a good chance to crash repeatedly VIA zoning, randomly walking, opening guild tool / raid window / DZ timer. This is frustrating to say the least.
    DimaREZBANKED likes this.
  9. Glowerss Augur

This really needs to be fixed. I can't go anywhere near a raid instance without having my client chain crash.
  10. Moosehead New Member

Several guildies and I crashed every single lockout in time phase 1-3. It now takes me up to 10 times just to get my character loaded in world without a crash, and I crash several times a night, this is all since doing Time.

Fix Lockouts
  11. AgentofChange Augur

It seems breaking the stasis that was the Plane of Time has created a rift throughout Phinigel. The server is attempting to rid itself of all those responsible for disrupting the time continuum. Travel to Time at your own risk!
  12. Jaera Augur

Devs, any word if there's a fix in the works for this?

As lockouts fall off, the expected ones show back up, but a few guilds currently have quite a stack of them still not showing. It's actually making us have to think twice about doing an instance to help someone do something because we don't want to deal with the crash issue.
  13. Karhar Dream Crusher

Doing Phase 1 Time right now, everytime a new lockout happens eqgame.exe has stopped working.
  14. vardune Augur

Its the True Box Code, it affects us all in strange ways.
  15. vardune Augur

That is by design, it means you need to go outside and be social again.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

No it isn't.
  17. Astley Augur

The man just don't know what he's talking about.
  18. vardune Augur

Don't Listen to him, he is a Boxist (aka BOX HATER) and a denier of the broken True Box Code.
  19. vardune Augur

you a DBGs Dev? Nope, so it just might be.
  20. Glowerss Augur

It's not the true box code. I can play on any of my alts anywhere 100% fine and crash free, as they don't have the lockouts.

My main character with the messed up lockouts experiences constant crashes.

It also stands to reason it's a lock out issue, as the majority of the server isn't in time, and therefore isn't experiencing the issue. If it were more wide spread there would be an awful lot of complaining going on.