[Clerics] The 'self' healing parse thread

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Crystilla, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Picaresque Augur

What does "@1" mean? Does it mean your level plus one?
  2. Brudal Augur

http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?name=divine ret

The "@1" refers to the value in line 1 or "level 108" for Strike X
    Picaresque likes this.
  3. Clarisa Augur

I was wrong about this. The trigger messages are visible to everyone (Thanks Pano!):

[Wed May 25 15:23:56 2016] You begin casting Divine Guardian Spirit VI. (<- casting DG)
    [Wed May 25 15:23:57 2016] Panorramix is watched over by a divine guardian. (<- successful cast on Pano)
    [Wed May 25 15:24:38 2016] Your Divine Guardian Spirit VI spell has worn off of Panorramix. (<- worn off message due to being triggered at 27% Pano health)
    [Wed May 25 15:24:38 2016] Panorramix is graced with life. (<- DG heal proc on Pano)

So it is possible to track when DG is cast by others, when it fires, and when the blocker has faded (if you set a timer when it fires). At the very least, I'd recommend that clerics announce it to a priest channel to prevent overwrites since a 79k instant heal at low health (more with crit and self-heal boosters) is definitely worth not wasting.
  4. Narogg Augur

So at your recommendations I swapped Ardent light for Ward of Surety.
    Time 956

/GU -vs- Dread, Narogg healed: --- Vegettomota: 1681851 --- Leonel: 1668282 --- Senwar: 918451 --- Caorn: 483644 --- Anchovy: 77002 --- Pizza: 40888 --- Drter: 7079 --- Trazz: 7079 --- Majandra: 7079 --- Makrus: 7079 --- Narogg: 1012 --- Vonkrist: 1012 --- Quicksilvers: 429 --- Total: 4900887

Dread on 5/24/2016

Narogg - 277
    --- Blessing of Resurrection - 10
    --- Blessing of Unity - 1
    --- Burst of Life XXI - 2
    --- Divine Resurrection - 1
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. II - 116
    --- Lesser Yaulp I - 1
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 5
    --- Received Chromatic Haze Proc - 4
    --- Received Paragon - 1
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. II - 126
    --- Undying Life - 15
    --- Unified Hand of Nonia Rk. III - 1
    --- Ward of Surety Rk. II - 4

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.7

Now that said, I don't know how you all are figuring out that Ward is better. It does not report to the healer on each absorb that the ward is creating only the final heal on fade.

So the parse amount is actually lower then what it would have been if i had ardent light in the mix.
    So lets look at what ward does...
    8 instances of melee or spell dmg up to 21105
    I believe they would call that an absorb on the tank tab.
    1 instance of Healing Ward on fade, which is a heal for Increase Hitpoints by 27057
    In 956 seconds ward of surety was only able to be cast 4 times.
    This gives a heal amount of 108,228
    If you pretend an absorb is a heal? 8 X 21105 X 4= 675,360
    Pretend heals + actual heals = 738,588

Lets look at ardent light
    Bathes your target in sacred light, healing up to 25022 hit points
    Using my other parses I figure i can work in ardent light about 55 times in the same time frame of 956 seconds.
    This gives a heal amount of 1,376,210

So, why recommend Ward instead of ardent?
  5. Roxxanna Augur

As a Cleric, your main objective is to keep the Tank alive, Ward excels at this when used properly. Ardent is know as the tank killer because of the abysmal cast time. Your better off casting nothing and waiting for remedy o refresh. It's not always about the numbers.
  6. Clarisa Augur

I don't think Ward of Surety really belongs in a multi-bind or a healing spell rotation. You want to keep it memorized, but not as a replacement for a direct heal.

[43153/4667] Ward of Surety Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/102
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 4004
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 3m, Timer: 9, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 48s (8 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    4: Buff Blocker D (60)
    5: Absorb 8 Hits or Spells, Max Per Hit: 23268
    6: Cast: Healing Ward III on Fade
    Text: You are protected by a ward of surety.
    Covers your target in a ward that will absorb up to @5 damage of the next #5 hits that contact them. This ward will cast a large heal on the bearer when it wears off.

[43156] Healing Ward III
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 29831
    Text: Your ward heals you as it breaks!
    Heals you for up to @1 hit points.

Ward of Surety absorbs 8 hits or spells for a max of 23268 per hit, so it's effective at stopping damage on a target for a very brief period of time (8 hits is like 2-3 seconds in raid content) then provides a nice but minor heal -- it lands before the last hit is absorbed so it has a good chance of not healing for much unless your target is getting mauled.

It's useful when your target is about to engage, or you need to buy some time to cast a DI, or when your target is under heavy damage and you don't have enough heal support to keep him up, or the boss is in rage mode and hitting too hard. If your target has enough healing support and there's no spike damage, though, it really doesn't do too much because his health would have been topped off whether you cast Ward or not.

It has a 3 min recast (down 9 sec with the Type 3 Aug), so it's not something you want to put in a multi-bind and cast whenever it's up. You want to save it for when you think you might need it or at least put it on targets who have limited heal support and might get better use out of it.

Unless you're really hurting for spell slots, the best single target heal set minus Ardent Light (because it's just too slow) is what Brohg posted a few posts back:

2 Remedies (Spiritual and Graceful) and 3 Interventions (Mystical, Virtuous, Elysian) OR 3 Renewals (Fervid, Fraught, Fervent)

You could also mix the latter 3 up, so 2 Remedies and 1 Intervention + 2 Renewals or 2 Remedies and 1 Renewal + 2 Interventions. Just make sure you have Hastened Renewals and Hastened Intervention AAs maxed so the recast timers will match.

The Remedies are prioritized and cast in between every non-Remedy heal and with 3 non-Remedy heals, 1 will always be up while both Remedies are on cooldown.

You want 3 heals besides the Remedies because when you're spamming your multi-bind or manual casting you need that to avoid casting Remedy -> Remedy twice in a row. If you just use 2 Remedies and 2 Interventions, you'd be stuck casting Remedy until the first Intervention is available again.

You could also just spam Remedies, but there will be a slight delay in between double casts where you'll miss out on healing while other healers are casting their Interventions/Renewals. Remedies also don't heal for much, so when you're healing the target on your own, your target will be getting fast but weak heals that may not keep up with the damage. It will look great on the parse, because the tank will be receiving more heals from you, but you won't be landing the big heals that keep him alive when support is lacking.

I know some clerics still hold on to Ardent Light and it's not necessarily a bad heal (has no recast, a friendly mana cost, and doesn't nuke or cure so it can be useful in some no nuke, no cure situations), but it's too slow to cast and clerics who rely on it aren't utilizing one of the biggest advantages our class has -- lots of fast, unlinked heals (multiple Remedies, Interventions, Renewals) that allow us to provide an endless stream of fast heals to a target to outpace the damage.
    Narogg likes this.
  7. Narogg Augur

Thanks for the well written explanation

my biggest issue is I do not want to press the number 1 thru 0 on the keyboard to cast spells
    I played Rift for two years where they used to have you press up to 31 keys on the keyboard every 30 seconds and it destroyed my wrists. (The Rift dev who designed the warrior dps rotations can rot in hell.)
    This is the whole reason I am playing EQ... it literately hurts to play other games.

I will see if i can make a button macro out of the 2 Remedies (Spiritual and Graceful) and 3 Interventions (Mystical, Virtuous, Elysian) OR 3 Renewals (Fervid, Fraught, Fervent)
    Thanks for the help.
  8. Tour Augur

Bind them all to a single key under your options in game. No social macro. And having to just press one key should be easier on your wrists hopefully.
    Iila likes this.
  9. Gundolin Augur

Sorry to bump an old thread, thought I might try parsing and see if I get more ideas. This is in Queen Velazul Di'Zok. This first parse looks like I may have mixed up and added two together but I don't see a break? Anyway Knight group off tanking. Support healing in group from shaman.

/GU -vs- Combined: A Di`Zok mender, Gundolin healed: --- Neophine: 6172440 --- Naeluur: 3740725 --- Littlebumper: 2111461 --- Ralcus: 2069168 --- Gundolin: 1763263 --- Ninadwen: 1071380 --- Naldaaeliu: 565310 --- Tankenstein: 537404 --- Quaqua: 492641 --- Lonintwo: 346951 --- Sudlaana: 119867 --- Opious: 85992 --- Drakang: 77700 --- Barec: 62950 --- Alic: 55500 --- Babittle: 54454 --- Charteria: 53914 --- Sain: 48514 --- Rrowzing: 47408 --- Wildlove: 45046 --- Taril: 44400 --- Suull: 44176 --- Mezzax: ...

Combined: A Di`Zok mender on 2/26/2017
    Gundolin - 415
    --- Ardent Contravention Rk. III - 3
    --- Beacon of Life X - 3
    --- Blessing of Resurrection - 11
    --- Burst of Life XXI - 3
    --- Celestial Rapidity III - 2
    --- Celestial Regeneration XXXI - 2
    --- Divine Indemnification Rk. III - 2
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. III - 67
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 5
    --- Lion's Roar 6 - 2
    --- Mass Group Buff - 1
    --- Mystical Intervention Rk. III - 19
    --- Quiet Miracle II - 1
    --- Radiant Cure X - 1
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 4
    --- Received Paragon - 1
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 6
    --- Sanctuary IV - 1
    --- Slain - 1
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. III - 109
    --- Syllable of Convalescence Rk. III - 77
    --- Third Spire of Divinity IV - 2
    --- Undying Life - 14
    --- Unity of Nonia Rk. III - 3
    --- Veturika's Perseverance - 2
    --- Virtuous Contravention Rk. II - 2
    --- Virtuous Intervention Rk. III - 5
    --- Ward of Surety Rk. III - 2
    --- Word of Greater Reformation Rk. III - 75
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.6

(Edit) same event must be 2 runs).
  10. Gundolin Augur

Same location and again off tank group with Shaman support earlier run; (The one above has to be doubled but same principle). Thanks and sorry

/GU -vs- Combined: A Di`Zok soldier, Gundolin healed: --- Neophine: 2018151 --- Ralcus: 1975741 --- Naeluur: 1956622 --- Gundolin: 809671 --- Littlebumper: 788704 --- Naldaaeliu: 466635 --- Tankenstein: 330990 --- Wildlove: 307724 --- Quaqua: 218199 --- Hatchethukin: 22200 --- Total: 8894637

Combined: A Di`Zok soldier on 2/26/2017
    Gundolin - 169
    --- Beacon of Life X - 2
    --- Burst of Life XXI - 2
    --- Celestial Rapidity III - 1
    --- Divine Indemnification Rk. III - 3
    --- Focused Celestial Regeneration XIX - 1
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. III - 26
    --- Mass Group Buff - 1
    --- Mystical Intervention Rk. III - 8
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 1
    --- Received Paragon - 1
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 5
    --- Sanctuary IV - 1
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. III - 50
    --- Syllable of Convalescence Rk. III - 34
    --- Undying Life - 8
    --- Vie faded - 1
    --- Virtuous Intervention Rk. III - 2
    --- Word of Greater Reformation Rk. III - 29
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.6
  11. Clarisa Augur

That looks like a solid cast parse overall. For the heal parse, I like to highlight the names of people in my group, though, to show how much I supported my group and how much I supported outside targets.

I am not trying to be super critical with this feedback but these are a few things that jump out at me that I would address with an app if they were in my guild (probably why they do not like me... but I always try to get them to try new things even if they do not stick with it when they become members):

- No Divine Guardian Casts

This had stacking issues a while back but those have been resolved with the exception of 'Ancestral Guardian Spirit,' which is the shaman guardian ability. The shaman version gives the target a 30,000 HoT for 4 ticks if health drops below 50% while our version (Divine Guardian) gives the target a 79,000 heal if health drops below 30%. I guess it could be argued which is more beneficial but, to me, the larger one-time heal delivered when a tank is at low health is more valuable than an HoT delivered when a tank is at half health. If your team has decided the shaman version is better, than you can ignore the rest of this as you don't want to interfere with their casts, but otherwise you could be casting this more often.

The problem with both guardian abilities is that they do not have a visual indicator, seeing as they land in the song window. The guardian abilities also overwrite themselves, so if one cleric casts a guardian on someone and another recasts it before it expires or is triggered, then the duration will just be increased. The ability has a generous duration/recast timer of 5 minutes but you still don't want to waste casts with needless overwrites. The other problem is that when a guardian is triggered, the target receives a blocker buff called 'Lingering Spirits' that lasts for 1 minute and prevents them from receiving another guardian until it fades. If you recast a guardian on a target with a blocker buff, you won't lose your cast as it will just be blocked outright, but you will lose casting time.

The easiest way to solve this is to simply announce Divine Guardian casts in a priest channel (though we use a spam priest channel because it annoys another priests to see these messages so often) to prevent overwrites and use a GINA or audio trigger to catch when it fires (the message is "Player is graced with life.") so you will know not to cast it on that target for another minute. This doesn't solve the problem if other clerics don't cooperate, but it will at least help you manage your own casts better.

- No Manisi Balm Casts

I'm not sure if you have the 'Small Manisi Branch' range item from EOK yet or just didn't use it for this event, but if it's the former, you should try and get your guild to do it for you (and all of your priests). It's a reward for doing 'The Foretold Hour' achievement. There's a nice overview for what it involves here:

http://eok.eqresource.com/ancients.php

I've been told it can be done with two groups (maybe less but I don't know), though it's much easier (and better if more people need it) to just do it as a guild after raids or an off night or something. You don't even need to be in the raid to get the achievement -- just need to be in the zone when it is happening.

The reward is great for priests as the branch lets you cast 'Manisi Balm,' a 40,000 point 1.0 sec heal every 2 minutes or so. It fits perfectly within the global recast timer (the time just after you cast a spell when you can't cast spells) so it's best used between spells like this:

Spiritual Remedy --> Manisi Balm --> Graceful Remedy

to fit more heals in a given amount of time than you could otherwise or to recover from a non-healing action like a DI. It's basically like having another Burst of Life on a seperate timer.

If you do have the branch, just remember to use it more. I know the tendency is to save these things for emergencies, but given the short recast, you could use it to bolster your healing (possibly preventing deaths or making them slightly less likely) 10 times during a 20-minute event, for instance, instead of waiting for the perfect situation to use it that may never come...

- No Divine Arbitration/Divine Balance (Epic) Casts

These balance the health of the entire group so it's understandable if there were situations you couldn't cast them (like when most of the group dropped health at the same time). I would just make sure that you aren't being too conservative and waiting for the 'perfect situation' to use them (MT or priority target dangerously low on health while the rest of the group is full). If I'm healing the MT, for instance, and my paladin drops to 50% health, that's not necessarily an emergency. But I might still use Divine Arbitration to balance health out before I switch heals to him for the next cast (assuming the MT is covered). Or if I'm healing the MT and need to DI him, and Burst and Manisi Branch are down, I will use Divine Arbitration to heal him after the cast to 'catch up' on the missed heals (provided he is losing enough health in between casts to warrant it). Some clerics might consider these uses of Divine Arbirtation wasteful, but the truth is that the recast timers on these abilities (which are not shared) are short enough to allow for use in these situations. I also time uses so I always have either Arbitration or Balance/Epic up at any one time, so there is always something to use if the 'perfect' situation to use it arises.

- No Flurry of Life (heal booster), Healing Frenzy (guaranteed crits), Channeling the Divine (guaranteed twincast), Forceful Rejuvenation (reset all spell timers) Casts

These are utility AAs that you could be using more. The timers on all of these are short enough that you should be able to use them once per event (more if your guild takes multiple attempts or time to clear them -- and even more if loot takes a while to sort out). Some clerics like to tie them all to a single key as a 'heal burn,' but I am not a huge fan of that. While it is nice to have all of these things running at once, I feel the overall impact to healing is better if usage is spread out as any of the effects by themselves are a nice boost to heals. So if my MT is in a bit of trouble, I'll use Healing Frenzy to crit every heal on him for a bit. Then if a bad AOE goes off and I need to Splash I'll have Channeling the Divine ready to twincast those. If both of those are down and I have nothing else, Flurry of Life gives a small boost to heals. By spreading them out, I've boosted my heals in three situations instead of blowing them all in one. If an event if trivial, then it's fine not to use these (though I find moments to use them anyway), but given the amount of rezzing you did and the death, you probably could have used them on this one.

Forceful is often overlooked also but it can be very poweful if used in the right situation. You could cast Ward of Surety and Undying Life on a tank, then Splash, then use Forceful to repeat (just use UL on a different target so the HP buff isn't wasted). There are lots of ways you can use it, just remember to use it, especially if there is a lot of downtime between events because if it's going to be back for the next event, why not?

These are comments based on my particular healing strategy that might not apply to you, but just throwing them out there:

- 2 Ward of Surety Casts

Ward is a great spell but on tanks it lasts probably 3 seconds maximum if they are tanking due to its low 8-hit counter. I've talked to some clerics who like to use it to give them more time to cast a DI and I guess it's fine for that, but, I like using it more frequently as a proactive buff. So if Ward is up and it is safe to cast (meaning no one is need of healing at that moment), I cast it on someone who will (or is likely to) tank. If I do this every time the spell is up over the course of a 15 minute event, I have shielded that tank/those tanks for a total of 56 hits. The cleric that saves it to give them more time to cast DI (on a target that might have been saturated with heals) shielded a tank for 8 hits if they only used it once. You could argue that the cleric who used it once used it at a more crucial time but you could also argue the cleric who used it 7 times over the course of the event helped prevent more damage overall on targets that had less healing support.

- No Promised Rehabilitation Casts

Not many clerics use promised heals anymore, and I understand why. They take forever to trigger. They don't stack. If I am going to spend 0.3 sec casting something, why not just cast another Remedy?

It's not a high priority heal for me, but in situations where I don't need to cast a heal immediately I like casting these because they provide backup healing that could end up being useful. With the new Promised Interposition AA, these heals now (correctly) deliver a 10,000 point heal after the target receives 15,000 in melee or spell damage, followed by a 36,581 heal 18-23 sec later. That initial 10,000 point heal may be tiny, but it will likely land faster than I recognize the damage landing and can counteract it with a heal. The stronger heal that takes 18-23 sec to land probably won't land most of the time if the target is being healed frequently, but on some events where I have to do more things (group heal, splash, etc.) it could provide a heal from me that I might not be able to give the target at that moment if he is kiting or has to run away from the raid or is trying to tank 5 things.

As I said, it's not high priority though. I won't cast promised heals when tanks actually need heals. But if the raid is standing around waiting for adds or there is a 'lull' in healing, I will use them instead of adding to the (often needless) Remedy spam on the MT.

- Not sure if you were but I would not recommend using Undying Life (UL) as part of a multi-bind. The HP buff now lasts around 20 sec or so, and that's a lot of time for a tank to have extra HP. If you have 5 clerics in your raid healing the MT and they all have UL at the top of their multi-binds, they would all overwrite the HP buff on the MT at close to the same time, essentially wasting 75-80 secs of increased HP for the next minute that the spell is down. The best way to use it, I think, is on the MT after the first UL HP buff fades (can watch for blinking icon) or on other tanks in the raid that are tanking and could use the extra HP or even on yourself on Ancient Dragon if you need the additional HP to surive the breath. I also use it purely for the group heal, which is fast and massive, so if my group is low on health, I will cast UL on my MT if he doesn't have it up or cast it on a knight outside of group that is tanking adds because I will be giving him more HP to tank and giving my group a group heal at the same time (as the group heal is centered on me).

Using UL in this way does require communication, though. Most of our clerics announce UL casts in our priest spam channel, so we can prevent overwrites or just choose different targets for it if say, the MT, is covered by 2-3 clerics already. It doesn't work perfectly and overwrites do happen because some clerics just don't like to announce casts or don't like tracking buff icons, but it does help prevent waste.
    Drogba, Tour and Gundolin like this.
  12. Gundolin Augur

Fantastic review, thanks so much Clarisa. :)

I do not have 'Small Manisi Branch' yet, but before this I didn't know it was something I should try and get.

Unfortunately I do have Undying Life in the third spot of my multiband, but with all of the AoE dot damage to my knights I used a lot of group heals as opposed to using my multiband. Looking at it I think 75 casts of Word of Greater Reformation was too many, I should probably limit that.

I am definitely book marking this and using it for further reference.
  13. Clarisa Augur

I wouldn't worry too much about the Word of Greater Reformation casts if they were actually needed. Sometimes situations force our hand and if two or more people within group heal range are being damaged continuously, the best strategy is often to just cast Syllable --> Word --> Word --> Syllable until the damage is limited to a single target (unless you have excellent coordination with your heal team and know who will be healing whom in such a situation). Sometimes Word is also needed for cures but with paladins around, that's less of a concern. It's only bad when you're a primary healer for a target in your group (one of the clerics in the MT group, for example) as group heals are slower than our fastest single target heals and the rate of healing to the target is reduced if you overuse them, so in that situation, you only want to use them if you absolutely have to or have enough healing support to allow you to use them without slowing heals to the MT.

If you do have to group heal, the best choice is Syllable because it is faster (so it reduces the healing rate less) and has a 100% chance to proc Templar's Synergy (which boosts the next couple of heals that land on each target in the group) if you have that AA maxed. It is quickly becoming the group heal of choice among our clerics for those reasons. Here is the group heal part of the cast comparsion (combined) for our T2 and T3 raids this week (including a messy Ancient Dragon):

[IMG]

The Syllable % at the end there shows the percentage of Syllable to overall group heal casts (Syllable + Word). Yours would be 51%, which is pretty much in line with what most of our clerics are doing. The only oddities are Cleric A, who doesn't seem to like Syllable (how could anyone not?! ;() and Cleric E, who went slightly under 50% but not by much. These are combined numbers also. If the parse were limited to just Ancient Dragon (the worst AOE event in the expansion), Word casts would actually outnumber Syllable casts (meaning the percentage would fall under 50%) for most clerics because group heals have to be cast a lot more frequently than the recast timer on Syllable allows.
    Tour and Gundolin like this.
  14. Roxxanna Augur

So I shouldn't worry about several other clerics casting Word 100+ Times during Ancient Dragon?
  15. Tour Augur

That's an event they are needed. That DoT is pretty rough, and even with the fairly decent resist rate, your group is going to have multiple people who need heals at once until the cure lands on them (which also needs to be healed..). That being said, make sure your group is not taking more AoE dmg than they have to (ooze, tail, drake breath), and that your raid is maximizing it's other AoE / group heals so that cleric group heals aren't doing all the heavy lifting themselves.
    Gundolin likes this.
  16. Roxxanna Augur

We've finished the expansion, but that event always feels rough to me, like there's something else I could be doing.
  17. Nylrem Augur

Have a good TB/MGB Celestial Regen rotation going at all times? MGB Celestial Regen x2 from each cleric, allows for other priests never to waste time casting group HoTs, and always receive the best HoT available, raid wide, at all times. Should be zero casts of slow casting Elixirs or Wisps, for almost any event, if CR rotations done properly.

Not saying you specifically, but assuming others will be reading this. One thing I've consistently found is a lack of coordination of TB/MGB Celestial Regen rotations among many guilds. 7 clerics can keep entire raid force buffed with Celestial Regen for over 20 min straight, every event, if coordinated, with zero downtime from any healer casting any HoTs.
    Brohg and Tour like this.
  18. Tour Augur

Because the AA and spell based HoT's stack post 11/16/2016 (CR slot 1 was changed to slot 13), in addition to your full uptime of CR which you should certainly be doing, you could augment that with your group based one too. I know a lot of clr don't like them but they have their use. Pretty much all events wax and wane in how difficult they are during the course of the event. Using dragon and queen events as examples that were brought up, you can very easily and safely cast a group HoT to go along with the already ongoing AA HoT during periods of calm when no adds are up or before the DoT's are cast, etc. in anticipation (since you know when all those adds and dots occur) of increasing incoming dmg soon.

And while we're on the topic of dragon and queens and aoe heals, make sure alliance is on the MT / OT's etc. MT's I find tend to be very well covered, but OT sometimes fall through the cracks. Think of all the OT healing for queen and dragon. That's a lot of missed AoE heals if OT's are not covered along with the MT.

Make sure pallies, shm, et al. doing thier AoE heal stuff. I know it's a clr thread, but healing is a team, effort. Make things easier on healing for us all.

edit: Oh, and re: dragon, I know it's obvious, but for those maybe new to it: don't let the drakes face the raid and don't let them overlap each other. Making sure you're not all taking multiple frontal AoE's to the face will help more than any healing you will ever do.
    Gundolin likes this.
  19. Gundolin Augur

Thanks for all the help guys.

On the OT's are you guys making much use of the Druid Alliance for tighter packed areas? If I used the Area of effect of a pally splashing would Druid Alliance roughly fit in the same area?
  20. Tour Augur

Dru alliance has rather poor range. 35 feet if I recall. So less than pally / our splash to put in perspective. Even if you're all bunched up at a single spot, there are bound to be a few out of range. Shm alliance is what most guilds will use due to the fact it has larger range and it isn't like it heals for that much less. Clr alliance is not bad either, range wise.

That being said, the best alliance is the one that is cast. Having an alliance, any alliance, is so much better than the alternative of not having one, that if you see one is needed and it isn't getting done, just cast whatever you have.