[Clerics] The 'self' healing parse thread

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Crystilla, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

It's a good heal. Fast cast and, with the 10k reinforcement from AA, the tradeoff of immediacy for efficiency it used to have is very well ameliorated. I'd promote it into the third Intervention's spot, even, if the buff's timer were reliably 18s. It's sometimes 21s though (just an EQmaths thing), so I manual it when I see its worn off message if I'm feeling squirrelly; the multibind itself only gets to it during Celestial Rapidity, with no cooldown issue then.
  2. Narogg Augur

/GU -vs- Maestro of Rancor, Narogg healed: --- Warfaire: 1127381 --- Senwar: 1097007 --- Vaal: 166821 --- Narogg: 83263 --- Anchovy: 25101 --- Yildaine: 18434 --- Faeelenya: 17643 --- Pizza: 12047 --- Total: 2547697
    Maestro of Rancor on 5/15/2016

Narogg - 186
    --- Ardent Light Rk. II - 53
    --- Beacon of Life X - 1
    --- Blessing of Resurrection - 5
    --- Burst of Life XXI - 1
    --- Divine Indemnification Rk. II - 1
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. II - 67
    --- Improved Twincast IV - 1
    --- Nullify Corruption Rk. II - 16
    --- Quiet Miracle II - 1
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 4
    --- Received Bard Epic - 3
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 4
    --- Received Paragon - 1
    --- Received Quick Time - 2
    --- Slain - 1
    --- Smite the Wicked II - 3
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. II - 23
    --- Turn Undead XI - 3
    --- Undying Life - 10

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.7
  3. Roxxanna Augur

I'd remove Ardent light.
  4. Narogg Augur

Replace it with Mystical Intervention Rk. II?

I have always been scared of that spell, but one of our leaders uses it all the time and he always ends up tanking something.

Kind of what I am frightened of it.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

Certain event you shouldn't use interventions (lots of mezzing) but if you straight up tank healing use it. If you really worried about it, use a remedy, or just splash instead of Ardent light. On Meistro, I'd just swap light for an undead nuke, or even a contravention if your not shy about target switching. I'd also consider using Ward of Surety, the best clerics I know all use it.
  6. Brohg Augur

Agree re:Ardent Light, it's pretty horrifying from a tank perspective. I have literally watched a cleric start casting that spell, had time to look at my hp bar, look over to the melee spam window to see a round hit me, look again at my hp bar, think "oh no", then die before the spell landed. It's 4 looong seconds between starting casting Ardent Light and starting casting the next spell; so long, in fact, that it's down to network speed whether or not it's better to literally not cast a heal than to insert Ardent Light in your 2*Remedy loop. The Light series of heals was revolutionary when moving to them from Complete Heal, but that same transition should be experienced moving from Light to a multibind of much faster heals.

One thing that strikes me about your log is the unevenness of Graceful and Spiritual Remedies. You even have more Ardent Lights than Spirituals. Like you're not even using a multibind?

I love that you got in so many uses of TurnUndead/SmitetheWicked. If you have the liberty to work in damage things, Battle Frenzy & Divine Avatar totally deserve use, too. Improved Twincast didn't do anything for you in that fight, though. You didn't cast anything twincastable.
    Iila likes this.
  7. Narogg Augur

I am about the laziest cleric there is... I use a macro because pressing the keyboard 100 times a second hurts my wrists( thanks RIFT).
    I am a badie, I know... I just mash one button with the mouse.
    Somehow this mashing works well, and I land high on the heal parses.
    This is my hate set up

The improved twincast is part of my Undead nuke macro. I thought the twincast gave me the chance to twin cast smite the wicked.
  8. Narogg Augur

Time 869
    /GU -vs- Combined: Praetor Captain Tita Aragus, Narogg healed: --- Zekson: 1368432 --- Quicksilvers: 1084785 --- Senwar: 897543 --- Leonel: 823883 --- Battus: 675138 --- Jemca: 141279 --- Panna: 108619 --- Rorekil: 43416 --- Narogg: 38851 --- Etarya: 7207 --- Briannae: 7079 --- Total: 5196232

Combined: Praetor Captain Tita Aragus on 5/18/2016

Narogg - 236
    --- Anticipated Intercession Rk. II - 3
    --- Ardent Light Rk. II - 56
    --- Beacon of Life X - 1
    --- Blessing of Resurrection - 1
    --- Blessing of Unity - 2
    --- Burst of Life XXI - 4
    --- Celestial Rapidity III - 2
    --- Celestial Regeneration XXXI - 1
    --- Divine Indemnification Rk. II - 3
    --- Flurry of Life III - 1
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. II - 47
    --- Healing Frenzy VIII - 1
    --- Lesser Yaulp I - 6
    --- Quiet Miracle II - 2
    --- Radiant Cure X - 1
    --- Second Spire of Divinity III - 2
    --- Shining Bulwark Rk. II - 3
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. II - 86
    --- Undying Life - 11
    --- Unified Hand of Nonia Rk. III - 2
    --- Veturika's Perseverance - 1

9. Narogg Augur

I swapped ardent for Ward of Surety.

Since I am super lazy, I do not want to use splash because I have to stop and move the mouse off my button I mash to the ground then click... OMG the extra work...
    I should have a parse with the new set up soon.
  10. Roxxanna Augur

If you start using a multibind or 2, your mouse will be free to target, or hunt for aas you need to click while still laying down a steady rate of heals.

Edit: scratch that, I just saw where you didn't want to do that.
  11. Brohg Augur

Your social button is somehow skipping the second Remedy very frequently, in favor of the fourth spell, the Light. See how the second Remedy has half the casts of the first? Spamming mouse click with your way "works", but if you're just tappy tappy tapping something, you could instead tappy tappy tap something else, yes? Like a real multibind that doesn't skip things:

[IMG]

That gap in the hotbar holding the multibind is for a drag&drop of Undying when it's my cleric's turn to get in rotation with other cle. The Promised is on the end of the multibind because Celestial Rapidity enables using a fourth filler spell between Remedies. Jamming the button gets a casting profile like this one from an off night Plane of Shadow run for shawl upgrades:

/GU -vs- Combined: Luclin, Fredorff healed: | Szilent: 13457866 | Fredorff: 179380 | Somebody: 85790 | Somebodyelse: 55214 | Camraderry: 21491 | Total: 13799741

Time: ~28mins (yeah, oof. but that's what you get facing full-raid challenges with silly low numbers)

Combined: Luclin on 4/27/2016

Fredorff - 651
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. III - 214
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. II - 210
    --- Mystical Intervention Rk. II - 67
    --- Virtuous Intervention Rk. II - 64
    --- Elysian Intervention Rk. II - 54
    --- Undying Life - 32
    --- Received Bard Epic - 5
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 5
    --- Divine Peace XV - 2
    --- Divine Indemnification Rk. II - 1
    --- Improved Twincast V - 1
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 1
    --- Quiet Miracle II - 1
    --- Received DI - 1
    --- Received Quick Time - 1
    --- Slain - 1
    --- Third Spire of Divinity III - 1
    --- Veturika's Perseverance - 1
    --- Vie faded - 1

The multibind heals are an even ratio like 1:1:1, Remedy1:Remedy2: (sum of non-Remedies)
    Iila and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  12. Gundolin Augur

I use two different multibinds for heals. In warrior/main tank group
    1) Spiritual Remedy
    2) Graceful Remedy
    3) Mystical Intervention
    4) Virtuous Intervention
    5) Fervid Renewal
    **6) Ward of Surety.

I use this set up in almost every group setting and with some guilds knight groups even. I tend to stay away from Undying life due to the mana cost and mana still being an issue for me. I also keep the Ward of Surety at the back end of my MB as it seems wasted going off at the beginning of the fight when warriors are using their Disc's and I'm often at least keeping a Renewal or something else going on the MA just in cast.

Or if I'm in the knight group where mez breaking is bad its;
    1) Spiritual Remedy
    2) Graceful Remedy
    3) Undying Life
    4) Fervid Renewal
    5) Fraught Renewal
    **6) Ward of Surety.

Note even when I am using the second line up I keep at least one intervention up for healing the raid Main Assist.

I should be able to raid again this weekend, and parse my heals for more good advise (like last time, thanks guys).
  13. Brohg Augur

In groups I'm on all-nukes.

first bind "2" targets players:
    Mystical Intervention
    Virtuous Intervention
    Elysian Intervention
    Remedy
    Remedy

second bind "4" targets the mob
    Glorious
    Ardent Contravention
    Virtuous Contravention
    Elysian Contravention

I pay attention to doing a little damage, tank is way more than fine.
    Glorious
    Inter1
    Inter2
    Contra1
    Glorious
    Inter3
    Contra2
    Contra3
    GOTO 10

Sample from this week. No warranty on optimal use of cooldowns, it's just me sitting on a couple placeholders in Demi:Life casually as I doodle around, like, on this forum & such :p :

/GU Combined: A doubtful functionary in 1762s, 124025k @70389sdps | Szilent + pets 54541k@30954sdps | Fredorff 41543k@23577sdps | Camraderry + pets 27941k@15858sdps

(no bells & whistles for Fred's dps, btw. no proc belt, no Hedge pots, no cultural focus for Intra damage. can see from the spell breakdown that I'm still workin' on dps AA)

/GU -vs- Combined: A doubtful functionary, Szilent was healed by: | Fredorff: 8326807 | Camraderry: 516392 | Szilent: 13309
    Combined: A doubtful functionary on 5/20/2016

Fredorff - 589
    --- Storm Blade Strike - 89
    --- Glorious Judgment Rk. II - 87
    --- Arcane Melody Strike II - 67
    --- Fjilnauk's Strike II - 50
    --- Mystical Intervention Rk. II - 44
    --- Ardent Contravention Rk. II - 38
    --- Sermon of Justice Rk. II - 36
    --- Virtuous Intervention Rk. III - 33
    --- Virtuous Contravention Rk. III - 28
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 27
    --- Elysian Contravention Rk. II - 18
    --- Elysian Intervention Rk. II - 14
    --- Turn Undead XI - 14
    --- Fjilnauk's Spite II - 13
    --- Smite the Wicked II - 8
    --- Turn Undead XII - 7
    --- Divine Arbitration IV - 4
    --- Undying Life - 4
    --- Divine Balance - 2
    --- Received Bard Epic - 2
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 2
    --- Received Quick Time - 2
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. III - 2
    --- Syllable of Convalescence Rk. II - 2
    --- Divine Avatar XV - 1
    --- Turn Undead XIII - 1

Gundolin likes this.
  14. Gundolin Augur

I tried to pick the start of the fight but probably missed it.
    /GU -vs- Combined: A bokon believer, Gundolin healed: --- Kane: 3,300,790 --- Nalda: 1,603,036 --- Driiell: 658,307 --- Tankenstein: 652,397 --- Quaqua: 600108 --- Gundolin: 531979 --- Barbwarrior: 514472 --- Tether: 321922 --- Opious: 286009 --- Ralcus: 230870 --- Nniki: 173322 --- Gads: 165713 --- Elessedil: 150639 --- Cyrkil: 147143 --- Kyleah: 110765 --- Evangalion: 103769 --- Trackem: 85000 --- Iavan: 83702 --- Suull: 67400 --- Ivlayday: 66600 --- Sudlaana: 44413 --- Scornful: 40099 --- Khartagh: 38579 ...

Combined: A bokon believer on 5/21/2016
    Gundolin - 428
    --- Beacon of Life X - 2
    --- Blessing of Resurrection - 8
    --- Blessing of Unity - 2
    --- Burst of Life XXI - 4
    --- Celestial Regeneration XXXI - 1
    --- Divine Guardian Spirit VI - 1
    --- Divine Indemnification Rk. III - 1
    --- Divine Retribution X - 2
    --- Fervid Renewal Rk. III - 25
    --- Fraught Renewal Rk. II - 15
    --- Graceful Remedy Rk. III - 125
    --- Quiet Miracle II - 2
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 1
    --- Received Paragon - 1
    --- Sanctuary IV - 2
    --- Slain - 3
    --- Spiritual Remedy Rk. III - 173
    --- Syllable of Convalescence Rk. III - 18
    --- Undying Life - 18
    --- Veturika's Perseverance - 2
    --- Ward of Surety Rk. III - 2
    --- Word of Greater Reformation Rk. III - 9
    --- Yaulp XIV Rk. II - 13
    Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.6

The parse started at 7:06:00 and ends at 7:19:20 /sigh still not seeing the proper down load for time.
  15. Crystilla Augur

I usually pull the time from the DPS portion of the fight itself. And type/post that separately.
    Gundolin and Brohg like this.
  16. Gundolin Augur

Thanks for your help guys.

Along the same lines of Gina parsing for my casts of

It doesn't give a rank. But I've heard others talk about it showing which upgrade a person is on? Is there a way to see this? (I think I've only upgraded 2 times and there are a possible 6, but that's also something I don't know).

Finally

Does this actually do anything? I thought it was supposed to lower you on the hate list and possibly stun the mob that is hitting you but I really haven't seen much of a noticeable effect.

Other than being immediately followed by;

17. Roxxanna Augur

Divine Guardian works kinda like a DI, but is a much shorter buff. If I hear a tank say their discs are dropping I hit DG and Ward of Surety. As for Undying, I never even paid attention if they fixed upgrades or not, last I heard, the upgrade was negligible. Unless your in a multi-cleric rotation, just stick it on the top of your group heal bind and forget it, very very effective there.
    Gundolin likes this.
  18. Gundolin Augur

Thanks for the fast reply. :)
    Oops meant to ask about Divine Retribution X - 2 and not divine Guardian. grabbed the wrong line item.
  19. Clarisa Augur

I know you didn't ask about it, but I spent a while typing this up so I thought I should put it out there in case anyone else was curious :p

[41835/30659] Divine Guardian Spirit VI
    Classes: CLR/254
    Skill: Alteration
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 1.5s
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Cast: Guardian's Grace VI once if HP Below 30 Percent
    4: Stacking: Delayed Heal Marker (790)
    Text: You feel someone watching over you.
    You are protected by a divine Guardian Spirit which will heal you should your life drop below 30%.

[41836/30660] Guardian's Grace VI
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Cast: Guardian's Trace
    2: Increase Current HP by 79000
    Text: Your guardian graces you with life.
    Your divine Guardian Spirit has healed you for #2 and left you unable to receive the blessing of another Spirit Guardian for 1 minute.

[30667/30667] Guardian's Trace
    Skill: Melee
    Restriction: Cannot Remove
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    4: Stacking: Delayed Heal Marker (10000)
    The lingering energy of your divine Guardian Spirit prevents any Spirit Guardian from assisting you for at least %z.

Divine Guardian gives you a 5 min buff in song window that procs a 79k heal (can crit) if you go under 30%. If it does, you get a blocker called Guardian's Trace in the song window that prevents Divine Guardian from landing on you for 1 minute.

I tested it because I hadn't in a while (or ever):

[Mon May 23 11:38:09 2016] A grand overseer is pierced by YOUR thorns for 123 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon May 23 11:38:09 2016] A grand overseer hits YOU for 15535 points of damage.
    [Mon May 23 11:38:09 2016] A grand overseer tries to hit YOU, but YOU dodge!
    [Mon May 23 11:38:09 2016] A grand overseer is pierced by YOUR thorns for 123 points of non-melee damage.
    [Mon May 23 11:38:09 2016] A grand overseer hits YOU for 2913 points of damage.
    [Mon May 23 11:38:09 2016] A grand overseer hits YOU for 8892 points of damage. (<- this hit took me under 30% to 27% health)
    [Mon May 23 11:38:10 2016] You are no longer being watched.
    [Mon May 23 11:38:10 2016] You perform an exceptional heal! (166554) (<- DG heal)
    [Mon May 23 11:38:10 2016] You have healed Clarisaa for 134174 points.
    [Mon May 23 11:38:10 2016] Your guardian graces you with life. You have been healed for 166554 points.

It lands after the hit that takes you below 30%, so I think it's possible to die before receiving the heal. I have 55129 hp at 30% (max hp of 183762), so it would take that much damage for it not to fire on me before I die.

The only bad thing about Divine Guardian is everything is in the song window and the trigger message "Your guardian graces you with life." is only visible to the target, so you won't really know if it's been triggered unless the target calls it out ("I need DG!") or you get a fade message. The blocker makes it difficult for multiple clerics to maintain on a tank like DI because a tank has to wait for the blocker to expire before calling out "I need DG!" and if another cleric casts it before it fires, they just overwrite and end up extending the duration. :/ It's something that can be overcome with enough coordination, but spells/AAs like these really need fade messages visible to everyone.

That said, it is really good, and with the 5 min. recast, clerics should be casting it a lot more.

The cast log doesn't show a rank when Undying Life is cast, but the "Undying Blessing" buff (that boosts HP) which lands on your target is visible in their buff window -- Undying Blessing 6 is the highest rank with all progression done (need to do that annoying achievement that requires completing missions multiple times to get the last rank). Lower ranks can overwrite higher ranks, though, so clerics don't need to have the same rank (tank will just get weaker HP buff when the higher one gets overwritten).
    Gundolin likes this.
  20. Roxxanna Augur

Stuns creatures up to level @1 for 4 seconds and reduces their hatred for you by 6000 and has a 20 percent chance to trigger Divine Blessing and Favor VII which instantly heals you for 4500 points of health and increases your armor class by 400 for 18 seconds. (Unsure if this is the highest rank, but you get the picture)

I think of it as another version of Shining, useful back when clerics could effectively solo/swarm. Unfortunately, in a world where mobs look at you and you die, its effectiveness is unworthy of a slot (in my humble opinion).