Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yun Jerahk the Poisoned AND Bloodneedle spawn in the area just Northwest of Gukta in Rathe. Look for a big hill with a ton of mosquitos and larva buzzing around it. I think Yun Jerahk can only spawn at night as I observed the mob population in the area rapidly change from Mosquitos/Larva to trolls/froglok traitors and he spawned basically at the same time (7PM gametime).

Bloodneedle was super common from just clearing out the mosquitos during daytime, seemed to spawn every 2-3minutes.

Having a lot of trouble with Petrifin. I'm 99% he spawns from the mobs that roam between the canyons but can't say for certain. I know he's been spotted up by the Hill Giants and Magelos spawn locations seem to corroborate the roamer theory. A lot of the roamers also come from the Southeasternmost quadrant of Rathe where there are a healthy amount of basilisks so killing there could spawn him, even if accidentally.
  2. Cerris Augur

Does this help? June 23, 2003.

[IMG]

I think he was just in place of a muddite roamer.
  3. GoldenFrog Augur

Dalnir: lumpy goo
    Isn't giving me credit. I see others have it, but I've killed at least 2 of his spawn so far and no check-mark.
  4. Snowman Augur

King Xorbb is rare as hell - I randomly farmed him for like 15 years before I finally seen him like a year ago
  5. Zebrn Journeyman

UF on Drinal we are missing:

Zones/Mobs: Field of Bone (Burynai, Scaled Prowler), Warsliks Woods (Gibold), Timorous Deep (Captains and First Mate's), Dragnor's Cauldron (Bilge), Jagged Pine (FierceWind, Jerg)

Raids: VP Broken

We are getting pretty close and having a pretty good time doing them.

Best,

Zebrn
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Can see my post earlier in the thread for the guide to spawning Bilge. :)

Do you have any info about PH or cycles for the other named in Cauldron? Or just random slaughter? Cheers.
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

We do have Scaled Prowler in Field of Bone. Hope is there.

Also having fun. We've gotten maybe 3/4 done. Only bummer is when you don't earn the check mark.

In Dalnir, it's now "lumpy goo" and "the coerced crusader" not giving credit. 5 kills between the two of them.
  8. Randragon Augur

Emerald Jungle- Spectral Soldier-roamer. Killed at p571, p512, n285
  9. Horyuken Augur

Yep lots of fun, I have had a good time getting back to the old zones. Also fun to chat while people are camping. Hopefully this is the first to come and we can look forward to more expansions getting the hunter achievement.

I have seen several mobs have different versions of the named, so some aren't giving the check mark, unless you are extra lucky and get the correct one.
  10. Zaggan Journeyman

I got the werewolf bandit to spawn at midnight at loc 658, neg 11601, 28. That is the spot on Good's map. Unfortunately, my ranger parked there was not grouped with my toon that needs the achievement. That was Sunday afternoon, May 21.
  11. Ishtass Augur

I know it's less likely with how the old quest system worked, but would be cool to find out about old quests in a similar fashion. Either way, one of the more fun releases for me in quite awhile. Thumbs up.
  12. GoldenFrog Augur

Not to derail much - but when I heard achievements were coming to old content, Quests, items, and progression were my thought. Exciting! Looking forward!

"Just" hunter is fun but a far less neat-o thing. And adding more now would be blechy. Having to repeat these named camps for certain drops? >sigh<
  13. nantalbus Elder

anyone know how/when the ph for a silverflank guardian spawns in ferrott?
  14. Zaggan Journeyman

The two gorillas at entrance going into Cazic-Thule are phs. You actually only need the silverflank to get ach credit for the zone.
  15. Horyuken Augur

When they determined the named for Hunter i'm pretty sure the mob had to drop an item with stats. Most quest items don't have stats, most not all, so a lot of mobs that are would be needed for quests didn't show up in the hunter list.
  16. nantalbus Elder

ya i am at the enterance and no gorillas have even spawned
  17. Zaggan Journeyman

Should be a gorilla/a hulking gorilla/A Large Gorilla flanking the entrance to CT.. and two pairs of lizards to either side. They are static spawns.
  18. Zebrn Journeyman

We just been keeping the entire zone down.
  19. nantalbus Elder

they started to spawn but for the 1st hour or 2 i been in zone they didn't spawn. any ideas for cazic cenobite?
  20. GoldenFrog Augur

JUST got him to pop and it was right in front of me. Rare as heck. 5 days straight on this one.

Popped at 11pm game-time at approx. {242, -66}

Though doubt that's much help.