Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I popped Hatar twice in a row by pretty much killing south/east of the lake but north of the bottom "square" of the zone where the AC can spawn if that makes sense. Bunch of roamers and a derv camp and some static orcs all the way to the ocean. Just butchered them all like they were all awful male Barbarian monstrosities. West of Innkeep Tizzy basically where it spawned both times.
    GoldenFrog likes this.
  2. Paladin Augur

Got 3rd Thick skeleton one at -74 +34 -38.
  3. GoldenFrog Augur

Good's map pack had #1 and #3 listed - and I think you're loc is correct for that.
    #2 is the one I was mentioning, a level below.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

* Tisella (Lavastorm)

Does this guy actually exist? I have killed and killed with a ranger with maxed track for several days and no luck. I am assuming some placeholder cycle and/or times thing for this guy, but I do not know for now.
  5. Paladin Augur

RE: Oculys

Many hours in....

Random killing = Tarskuk shows up, but he isn't on the kill list

Killing all the giants = eventually everything was re-spawned as something other than a giant, and of course, Tarskuk appeared (not on list)

Kill all but Cyclops = Tarskuk shows up, but he isn't on the list

Kill all but a giant skeleton = nothing but giant skeletons

Kill all but the lizardmen = nothing but lizardmen

Kill all but bears = all bears

Leave Tarskusk up = no other named seen

Perhaps spawning him is a certain sequence of assorted MOB's?

6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Tarskuk and Oculys can both be up simultaneously. The cyclopses and bears are agressive to eachother and will eventually result in 0 bears if there are any cyclops up due to the power difference between the 2 factions.

I don't really have any advice other than to Pop Tarskuk and leave him up as he can't spawn a second time and at the very minimum it is 1 less PH you need to clear per cycle. Murder everything around that hill except for the bandits. Took me about 3-4 hours of just clearing with Tarskuk up to see Oculys.
  7. Venedar Lorekeeper

We are having big troubles spawning a lesser nightmare in lavastorm. We have killed Tisella x2. Here the info we have on Tisella.

[IMG]

We been killing for days to get a lesser a nightmare to spawn. Sometimes we been up to 4 ppl killing at the same time. I will mark the area we been killing in. If anyone could come with some tips or clue it would be great.

[IMG]

This is not a lesser nightmare, its a big nightmare :p
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Out of curiosity have you guys encountered the (possibly equally rare) Lavastorm "a thought bleeder"? I've only ever seen him once in the entire time I've played EQ and maybe the nightmare a couple times. It isn't much to go on but they could possibly be somehow linked, as both are mobs native to the Plane of Fear and are not what you would expect to find in the zone.
  9. Bahdah Augur

Seen a thought bleeder way too many times imo
  10. GoldenFrog Augur

I love how everyone's experiences are different. We've killed 2x lesser nightmares and no Tisella.

The two nightmares came from approx.
    * 2200, -750 - the little lava pools to the east of the big lava.
    * 550, 400 - JUST ne of the druid ring

We have been totally killing between Najena and the Druid Ring across the south section; about 6 char-days worth

Your drawing puts it the next valley north - will move the killing zone (or part of it) up there. Thanks - will see how that goes.
  11. Mithra Augur

The nightmare I saw spawned in the same general area as the warbone monk. Both seemed to roam around most of the zone as well.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Got Tisella to spawn in the same area Venedar had marked with the red circle. Thanks! Will let you know where we find lesser nightmare presuming we ever do.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Got the "a lesser nightmare" from killing in the same area as Tisella. Spawned around 1434, -536 which is just southwest of the bend in the lava river.
  14. Omegga Elder

In Droga, got King Dronan to Spawn by killing Cave Lords but he didn't spawn at one of their spots, he spawned in the area with with the buildings where the exit tunnel begins.

Chardok B I only got the Armorer to spawn when both the Champion and Weaponsmith were up. Champion seemed to always spawn on a clearing, and I think the Weaponsmith only spawned when the Champion was left up. So we suspect that the Armor only spawns if the first two are up.

Lavastorm Nightmare only spawned after we left the two warbone named up.

Does anyone know if the Dalnir Kly Implicators are dependent on each other, the shackle room one always seems to spawn and I finally got the lab one to spawn but not the Temple one.
  15. GoldenFrog Augur

Excellent help, Sheex. I'd spent too many days in other areas. But that did it. Just south of the lake I killed all I saw and he spawned a couple hours in - west of Inkeep Tizzy's.
  16. Bahdah Augur

On point...
  17. GoldenFrog Augur

Spent longer in Lavastorm after Tisella than Xorbb for the King (but not by much).

She spawned just NE of Venedar's red circle but immediately started walking to the SE directly towards it.

As always, thank you all for the assistance and input. Just King Dronan (who's sucked up far more than seems he should) and Cazic in Fear.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

a moved the label for the lesser nightmare south of Lavaspinner in the trail of lava where a few roamer pass by and bug out in the lava been considered in water even so they are not... So if you pass by with a instant clicky to agro everything on the run you might miss it...I ended up waiting there for 2 hrs and it poped after 5 days of running in circle with at last 3 players in zone mass killing everything.

For Tisella the loc I have on my map was not accurate but she poped on track and got instantly killed by someone pet that was standing at that loc. She also took 3 days to spawn... These nameds as PH of PH that as a much longer spawn time(2to23hrs/day/night) that is if they use the same mechanism of some epic/old quests and they definitely have random spawn point which make farming them a nightmare.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

On day 4 of Xorbbwatch with around 8000 muddites/minotaurs/eyeballs killed.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

A couple years back I wanted to complete the Blued Two-Handed Hammer quest because I wanted it since the beginning of the game. It took way too much time, and I made extremely loud audio triggers, but I did manage to get him and the Slime Crystal Staff:

[IMG]

It was on my alt bard, so even if the kill tracking was retroactive, it was just on an alt. But he's there, hiding among the chasm, watching you.

edit: before anyone asks, I am sorry to say I have no information on how to spawn him. I simply kept my tracking window to most recent and killed absolutely everything I saw. I found him on the east/northeast area of the zone, if you want to start somewhere.