Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Since some of these named are rarer and may not have a lot of information on where they are I thought maybe we should consolidate information into 1 thread for those looking to do these for magic internet points.

Currently working on the "a werewolf" in West Karana which Ngreth has already commented on being one specific named that will be changed in an upcoming patch. In the meantime I assume it is still possible to get the correct one to spawn and was trying to nail down the spawn mechanic.

So far I can confirm neither the "a werewolf" that spawns next to the Qeynos Hills zoneline nor the "a werewolf" that spawns at -3555, -7756 in the middle of the south on the southern coast are the rare one. Considering Ngreth is changing the named werewolf to be "a werewolf bandit" I am going to operate under the assumption that it spawns at one of the many bandit camps spread throughout the zone. Though this means that there are more than 2 "a werewolf" which contradicts Ngreth's previous post.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ages ago, I believe I saw a bandit morph into a werewolf or werewolf spawned in one of the bandit PHs.

On an aside, while the achievements show no reward, has anyone confirmed a hidden reward for these achievements in files or test server?
  3. Nniki Augur

Benito likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

I got 'a werewolf' updated and labeled at tinyurl.com/eqmapack with 98% of the other nameds for these old zones hunter.

I'm having issues finding the 6 missing in Timorous Deep, Alrik Pasdar that is giving me trouble in Toxxulia Forest and Gibold Goblin Stomper.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'll sit on that spot and check it out, I've definitely killed at least 3 different "a werewolf" spawn locations now and not seen an update, one even had loot which I assumed would be the one to give credit.

As to the Timorous Deep guys I assume they are either supposed to spawn at the "sunken" ship in the center of the zone or the buccaneer island, unless they were fixed when these achievements put in I'm skeptical as to whether or not they can actually spawn properly though.

Gibold Goblin Stomper is the same deal, never heard of this NPC or any mention of him on the internet prior to these achievements going live. Based on the name I assume he's supposed to be some kind of named Forest Giant.

If Alrik spawns on Kerra isle I've never seen him and I've used that spot on many TLPs to grind for a wide range of levels/characters.

And if you can figure out where Dunedigger actually pops (if he even has a set location) I'd love to hear about it.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I have been looking for Dunedigger since 1999. I wanted the Scute Shield (stamina! more hps! wow!) so badly back then and I want it even more now. I truly fear of a reality where I go to my grave, never having seen Dunedigger.
    Kajira likes this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

I just got Alrik Pasdar to spawn finally... exacly where my label was... I had a mage at that spawn ever since these achievement went live.. I spawned all the other nameds a bunch of time but this one. :eek:
    Zaggan likes this.
  8. GoldenFrog Augur

URL appears busted now. Would love to see what you've done, Orbital. Thanks
  9. Vizula-Emarr Elder

I believe Orbital makes the good's map pack. Good stuff!
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'll share my secrets for Bilge Farfathom. As with lots of rare named (like Quillmane) in wide open old classic zones, the only hope of finding the placeholder is watching the respawn timer after you kill something. PH is any type of wandering mob in the zone. There's a supposed "confirmed" list of placeholders posted on ZAM, but it's incomplete. Only trash mob type that ISN'T a potential PH are the orc scouts + the static goblins. Most all of the trash in Cauldron respawns in about ~1 minute 8 seconds. Bilge placeholder is ~4 minutes 50 seconds. Kill a mob, watch timer, repeat until you have one respawning at 4min 50 sec. Isn't that rare to spawn once you're on the cycle. Made a killing with Reed Belts and Totems on Ragefire farming him.

I know the other 4 named for Cauldron hunter (Barnacle Bones, Flotsam, Jetsam, Squallslither) are similar in they have wandering PH's of random types. But I haven't spent much time looking for timers on them yet, so any info share on that would be cool. Otherwise back to random slaughter.
    Eskape likes this.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah honestly if I hadn't seen Scute shields on Phinigel/Ragefire I would have assumed that the Ro zone revamps had broken the spawn. And by shields I mean I saw 1 shield for sale ever, and I paid that krono price.
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Neat, thanks for sharing. Priests back in 1999 would have probably killed a man for that bit of knowledge.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

www.tinyurl.com/eqmappack

can also click the link at the bottom of my signature. I just did another fresh update with more accurate locations.
    Ishtass likes this.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

Thx for sharing... I will try that tomorrow and eventually get to high sun the PHers to spawn to plant my labels.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

I've only seen Dunedigger once since 1999 and I found him (her?) in the area between the Wizard portal and the tunnel to East Commonlands. This was many years ago in the original version of the zone so take with a pinch of salt.

Did not drop the shield. :eek:
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

With Bilge he and his PH have a LOT of different home points. I just kill the PH and then stand at the center island waiting for the next one to appear on track. Seems it can appear in basically any direction from the center, sometimes in the water, etc.

No idea if the other Cauldron named are like that, but it wouldn't surprise me.
  17. fortuneteller Augur

The halls of betray got listed : 3 a raibid chokidai
    Dalnir: 3 kly imprecator
    kurn Tower : 3 thick bones skeleton
  18. Horyuken Augur

I spent a good 4 hours in Nro last night killing every mob that was up. No Dunedigger, I will be back at it tonight but this mob must have something else tied to his spawn outside of the normal PH. Something like the AC in South Ro.
  19. Horyuken Augur

Closer to 7 hours now hunting Dunedigger, Killing every mob in the zone. Can anyone confirm this guy still spawns on live? I don't care camping him and will until he spawns, just want some confirmation he will in fact spawn.

Thanks
  20. Orbital101 Augur

yes and those are 3 different nameds in 3 different sections. I found all of them and marked them as #1,#2,#3