Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Zoned into North Ro on Agnarr and was buffing lowbies. Dunedigger spawned and died at loc 6418, -2027 in the sand. I can die happy.
  2. Bahdah Augur

This was a conspiracy, im telling you...
  3. Ishtass Augur

Any advice for Jaggedpine. Been hunting here for almost a day and very few of the roamers. They mostly on the north side?
  4. GoldenFrog Augur

Kurn's took far longer than shoulda - last Thick Boned #2 - spawned down in Burynai caves. A floor below the other two.
    About 80, -48, 130
  5. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Hunting in Hate. Cant find any info on "Lord of Fury". nobody has ever seen, nor killed this MOB.
  6. Poyzen Frawg Augur

My bad.. he was introduced in Hate 2.0. about Neg 40, 380. PH is the fury ghast.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Yes, I noticed last week that it was missing in my maps pack and there was also a error with Warlord E'prosis / Warlock J'Rath but I fixed it and re updated the pack right away as every labels I had with (need loc)
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You lucky individual.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Got him again, this time on my home server.

[IMG]

Trying to follow the cycle to see if theres some rhyme or reason to his spawn.
    Jamazar and Ishtass like this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm doing some real hard science right now bro I might have a working solution to making him pop. Give me a couple more hours I want to see if it works or not.

DUNEDIGGER SPOILERS BELOW:

Dunedigger works exactly like Quillmane in North Ro.
    His spawn cycle is on a 66 second timer (on Phinigel other servers may be a little slower) the rest of the zone trash is on a roughly 25 second timer.

The following mobs are on his cycle (listed in order of how many I saw between spawns):
    a sand scarab
    a dune tarantula
    a shriveled mummy
    a madman
    a crypt mummy
    an orc raider
    a large rattlesnake
    a parched zombie
    a brown asp
    a puma

It took me 42 spawncycles to go from 1 Dunedigger to the second spawn (41 PHs inbetween) by following this method.

Good luck fellow hunters.
    Mortium, Ishtass and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Meanwhile @ Bahdah's House he's pulling one of these:
    [IMG]

The Nightman cometh (to collect his Kronos), sir!
    Bahdah likes this.
  13. GoldenFrog Augur

I'm not too familiar with Quillmane or this specific type of spawn cycle. You're saying there's a spawn point that follows the order above - kill "a sand scarab" and in 66 seconds a tarantulae will spawn (same spot?) and down the line. Keep going and you'll get the named?

When I'm done (very soon, I think) I plan to do what you are - go back and figure some of these in greater detail.

Left for me (Not much valid info out there on any of these).
    * Tisella (Lavastorm)
    * Hatar (South Ro)
    * King Dronan (Droga)
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

They don't go in any specific order. Each PH could be any type of mob listed, or possibly some things that weren't as well. You can just count on a spawn of some sort every 66 seconds with a small % chance that it's the named you're after. And not in the same place either, lots of random spawn locations. That's why the timer is key to keeping track of the cycle. Keep following the cycle and you'll get it eventually.
  15. GoldenFrog Augur

Thank you. Forgot I had learned about this many years ago for Bootstrutter.

Working it here again and see exactly what you are describing. Thank you again.
  16. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Those old world spawns have a spawn table that look like this thanks to Prathun who posted this a long time ago.

This particular spawn table is Pyzjn/Varsoon.

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION Q2QVarsoonPyzjnMISCmob
    MONSTER_1_NAME a_mangy_rat
    MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME Varsoon
    MONSTER_1_PERCENT 3
    MONSTER_2_NAME a_brown_bear
    MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_decaying_skeleton
    MONSTER_2_PERCENT 5
    MONSTER_3_NAME a_grizzly_bear
    MONSTER_3_NIGHT_NAME a_restless_skeleton
    MONSTER_3_PERCENT 15
    MONSTER_4_NAME a_large_field_rat
    MONSTER_4_NIGHT_NAME a_putrid_skeleton
    MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
    MONSTER_5_NAME a_fire_beetle
    MONSTER_5_NIGHT_NAME Pyzjn
    MONSTER_5_PERCENT 7
    MONSTER_6_NAME a_gray_wolf
    MONSTER_6_NIGHT_NAME a_skeleton
    MONSTER_6_PERCENT 20
    MONSTER_7_NAME a_giant_rat
    MONSTER_7_NIGHT_NAME a_dread_corpse
    MONSTER_7_PERCENT 20

Like others have pointed out, its all about figuring out which mobs are on the table and finding that pattern like Bobbybick pointed out.
  17. Paladin Augur

I don't know if anyone is having an issue spawning Shardwing in Rathe Mountains, but I was. I spent a few hours there having no luck, but I did notice that Blackwing was spawning pretty often. Then i noticed there could be two Blackwings up at the same time.

Out of boredom, I decided to see if I could respawn all the drakes as Blackwings and -- BAM! 3rd span was Shardwing.

Perhaps this is the secret, if anyone else has issues with Shardwing.

Anyway -- still looking for the 3rd Thick skeleton in Kurn's (got top floor and in basement by stables area); Erg in South Ro; the Iksar, Burynai & Spider in Field of Bone; and Oculys & Petrifin in Rathe; among others.
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

The last Thick Skeleton is on the bottom-most level (caves) where the Burynai are. I clocked him at about 80, -48, 130.

I popped Erg (Sro) just mowing orcs (and more) around the gypsy camp. He spawned for me just NE of there, around 2000, -1850.

Oculys, Petrifin, and Shardwing all 3 were "easy" in that I just killed all PHs of same race in their respective area and got each within 3-8 hours.

Field of Bone was the same. Just mass slaughter. Burynai is just N/NE of Kurn's. Iksar between center canyon and Kaesorra walls. Spider somewhere between those two.

Any nudges on King Dronan (Droga), Tisella (Lava) and Hatar (Sro) wouldn't be a sin.
  19. Paladin Augur

Still need the same three you mention, as well.

We did find that in Lavastorm, the Nightmare seemed to require spawning a few other named and leaving them up.

20. Zaph Augur

Is this where we share our Dunedigger trophys ?

Not a brilliant picture, but he agroed on me as soon as he spawned, and I didnt want to mess around and have him die without credit.

spawned as a roamer between the Derv 2 camp and druid ring

[IMG]
    Ishtass likes this.