Classes locked to expansions is bad for TLP players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 8, 2022.

1. Ragnoruk Augur

Having these classes available at Classic would be good for both types of players, those that want to play the class from the start and those that would prefer to wait. What you're arguing is just your opinion that these classes should not be in classic because reasons.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe it would be good for some but maybe it would also just lead to lots of complaints on the forums and in game for things that are still locked behind the expansion. Considering that they have released a TLP with those classes that is launching at GoD I think it is clear how the devs feel about it.
  3. Manafasto Augur

So it technically would not break the game as you stated and you wish to not have complaints.... I do not understand what you are trying to white knight.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Branntick Augur

Some people have nothing better to do than to argue for the sake of argument.

It's concern <redacted>ing.
  5. urbanbo70 Elder

As soon as Dr. Disrespect starts playing EQ, this will happen.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said it would break the game, I said those classes would have broken parts about them and people would complain about those broken parts.
  7. Ariana Augur

Do you have an alternate solution for the real pain points brought up in this thread?
    • Inability to play these classes during the period where the servers are thriving.
    • Lost time investment during early periods discouraging playing during those periods if deciding to play another class until preferred class is available.
    • Entering into established server environment at a severe level/aa/social disadvantage relative to remaining players if deciding to wait for class availability.
    You've established that you don't think adding classes to the base game is a viable solution due to unknown broken content and the horrors associated with people complaining. I don't think you're bringing anything new to this conversation anymore and it's becoming counterproductive. With the goal of addressing these specific concerns, do you have anything constructive to add?
    Stymie, Skuz and Manafasto like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean the existing solution of unlocking those classes with the expansions that introduced them? Just because people keep complaining that they can't play two classes at the start of a TLP that launches in classic doesn't mean anything needs to change.

Heck we now have a TLP that will let them play the classes due to GoD being unlocked and progression being restricted with a level lock instead of expansion lock,
  9. Ariana Augur

I'll take that as a no regarding the question that I asked. That existing solution is a non-solution for the specific pain points that I brought up; it actually ignores specifically what I asked.

Vaniki isn't going to give an accurate representation of interest here. True, the one redeeming quality is the availability of all classes at launch. If they had chosen to take a more controlled approach to this server and not completely altered the game, they could assess the viability of later launch servers. I'm in favor of GoD/OoW/TSS launch servers with an otherwise standard ruleset as a solution to these problems, but we don't have those and never have.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  10. Manafasto Augur

The game is no longer classic. rules, gameplay, etc. has changed. Progression and content should not be linked to a class, you could even say an established class at this point in EQs history. That is a gimmick TLP for players to try and conqueror achievements. With it's current rewards I do not see that server lasting to long before mass flight. What is being requested or at minimum of having a discussion about is releasing the remaining two classes at launch of any TLP. It might not be these two but for future TLPs it is time.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You haven't identified ANY besides Epics not being completable, you haven't even attempted to make an educated guess at a single issue. Not even one.
    Which means you have "epics" and "nothing but hot air".

This is the weakest possible retort, zero effort, you really must do better. 0/10

Because the devs designed it that way?

Now for some speculation:
    The developers saw my > GoD-Mode TLP < concept and decided that it might be a basis for an interesting TLP, which as I have said in my original post was what I came up with to work around the current status quo.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is not my job to identify all the potential problems with releasing those two classes early, I am and will continue to point out that there are problems and people will complain about any problems just as some are complaining about not being able to play them from the start.

Considering that they started a TLP with GoD unlocked instead of with classic and the level cap being 10 levels under the expansion for opening shows to me that they don't want those classes unlocked before the expansion does.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There isn't a good solution for every problem in a game and sometimes you just have to live with how it was originally designed.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

epics & *waves hands in the air* "nothing but hot air"

So still "epics" and "nothing but hot air" the issues that you point out are "potential issues" when pressed upon what those potential issues might be "nothing but hot air".

You got epics & nothing.
    Manafasto likes this.
  15. Manafasto Augur

So you are being negative and unable to provide constructive criticism. You have no reference material and assume every reason you have given. You can go to many sources revolving around EQ how people are for this change. I am not going to call anyone out but a dev who left for Blizzard said there would never be a free trade server. Yet, Mischief and TB were created. This request would bring more subscribers just because some people do not want as stated a pain point. Knowing they would have to reroll. I really wish an actual community team member would chime on this subject.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Broken content that players can and will complain about is a valid issue even if you don't care about it.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because I point out a problem for something that the same people whine about having over and over again? I think it is clear what the stance is on unlocking them with the recent server starting at GoD and unlocking them.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Broken content?

Epics are not broken - they work, later.

So what broken content can you point to which has "all these potential issues"

Nothing

You got nothing.
  19. Manafasto Augur

You keep assuming, you really should say "My stance" because you are adding nothing to the conversation. You are attempting to speak for people as it is their opinion.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Content that some classes can't complete as expected is broken.