Classes locked to expansions is bad for TLP players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 8, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is more needed to make sure those classes have what they need then spells/tomes.
  2. Arclyte Augur

Like what?
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry I don't have all the details for classes I don't play. I can keep pointing to the easy things to spot that players will complain about not being able to do but I can't point to every possible issue that would occur if they are released without all the expected content.
  4. Ponter Elder

We're *all* advocating our special snowflake servers. I think your snowflake ideas are great. I'm responding with my snowflake opinions. I would be really interested in seeing how having beastlords and berzerkers in from start works too, it's just not a server I'd play on.

Also, P99 Green is already in Velious and not progressing past Velious, ever. P99 is a great server and I dearly enjoyed it before TLPs started. If they recycled the server today and rolled out a fresh Green I'd be there, but that isn't what's happening.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Branntick Augur

It's funny, there's actually a word for what's happening right now but the -backwards forum rules here prevent me from saying it without getting banned. Unfortunate.
  6. Arclyte Augur

I think you're just a contrarian. Putting in those 2 classes would take some work, but so did random loot, and a lot of people ended up liking that.

You admit yourself that you don't know what would be needed to make this work. You're throwing cold water on an almost universally liked idea for no reason. Why bother posting at that point?
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can't stand the fact that someone points out issues with an idea? As for the work needed I do know it would require revamping quests at a minimum to move them from SoL/GoD zones to ones that are accessible at earlier points in the game.

But you are still ignoring the fact that they have shown they will make those classes available at the launch of a server when they also unlock the associated expansions as well. There is no reason to think that that the new server launching at GoD and Berserkers being available are not linked together.
  8. Arclyte Augur

What quests are required?
  9. Durkadurkastan New Member

MOTM gone in classic, and the increased EXP, and the new OOC regen is why Vaniki is starting in GoD.
    I have provided just as much proof as anyone else in this thread.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who said anything about required quests? I have only been talking about content that players and devs could considered broken/missing because it was locked behind future expansions.
  11. Arclyte Augur

12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Berserkers are tied to GoD and released on the new server seems like a solid link to me.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is not saying quests are required it is saying what the devs would need to do to fix the quests that would be broken.
  14. Arclyte Augur

Which quests would be broken that BST/BER are required to complete? What is stopping a BST/BER from leveling up like every other class?
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, I have never said that any of the quests are required and that won't stop players from complaining about broken content or developers from not wanting to release broken/incomplete content.

Just because you would he happy with the content that you can't complete doesn't mean everyone else will be as well.
  16. Durkadurkastan New Member

If they wouldn't be happy (with waiting for epic 1.0) then they shouldn't start the character in the first place. A simple popup at character creation would suffice.
    Skuz and Manafasto like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure why people think that would be acceptable, they want to play that class early but others that want a complete class released still have to wait and start at the normal time?
  18. Ragnoruk Augur

Starting a Beastlord or Berserker in Classic wouldn't be a requirement for those wanting to wait for a "complete" experience, just an option for those that would like to.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Manafasto Augur

So when did the epic define the class? You can literally go expansions pass Kunark without obtaining an epic for any class. I do not see your logic.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is no requirement that you have to be able to start either of those in classic if you want to play them on a TLP server.

I never said it defines it, just that the epic is part of the class and not only will you have people complaining about it not being possible but it seems the devs don't want to unlock the class without it and other things from the expansions that they come from.