Classes locked to expansions is bad for TLP players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 8, 2022.

1. Manafasto Augur

There always has been, still is, and are going to be broken quest with EQ.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the people who keep requesting the unlock of these classes without an idea of what will be broken or unbalanced by releasing them early? Why is it that it is okay for them to request that we get the classes unlocked in classic over and over again but it is wrong for someone to point out problems with it?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No need for the devs to purposely introduce things that will break them.
  4. Manafasto Augur

Here we go again just like a broken record, you are assuming. You believe the staff is not capable of scripting this change correctly?
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If they expect to be able to complete content from a later expansion then that is not "broken" at all, it would be like expecting to complete the Artisan's prize in Classic & then claiming that the Artisan's Prize is broken.

It would be like expecting to be able to complete Epic 1.0 before Kunark unlocks.

It would be stupid.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The broken record of asking for those classes to be unlocked without caring what impacts it might have. I believe when you have content that is locked behind expansions there is a lot of work to change things to make them accessible outside of those expansions.

Could it be done? Sure, but is it worth the work? I would say no.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As a player I would expect to be able to complete a quest line if all the other classes could complete it.
  8. Manafasto Augur

Well guess I will not drive to my vacation location this year because I might get a flat tire.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You have cast your vote, objection, based on "nothing at all" but that's okay, your objection has been duly noted & your reasons have been made clear, because you have none.

Thank you for playing EverQuest.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Then you would be stupid, and ignorant of history.

If you were unbelieveably optimistic you might ask for your class quest to be redesigned to fit the same era as everyone else's.

If you were a realist you might ask but expect it to not be done because you know it would be a lot of work to benefit a small population, though you could also argue that it would benefit not just the current TLP players of those classes but also all of the future ones, the potential future players at least.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We don't need these threads asking for it repeated all the time, the devs know of the request and don't need to be reminded about it with more threads asking for it. We all know what your opinion is and we don't need repeated threads about it.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or I would be expecting devs not to change things that would cause content to break in expected ways. If you were a realist you would realize by now that devs have no intention of doing this no matter how often you ask. And if you are entitled to ask I am entitled to respond.
  13. Manafasto Augur

I see no "We", it is you. In a thread that is attempting to be constructive you should just speak for yourself. I truly do not understand why you constantly attempt to speak/post for others.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Manafasto Augur

Well this was the same mindset that was being stated about free trade TLPs, guess what happen?
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Who is this "We" you speak of?

Are you assuming the position of the Forum Representative despite the fact everyone else is completely free to voice their opinion themselves & do not need you to speak on their behalf?

Get over yourself already.

If "YOU" don't need the post why are you engaging with it so much?

I don't need Land Mines, I hope you never don't need Land Mines or someone is going to need a mop & bucket.
    Manafasto likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what that is trying to prove? It doesn't matter how many people spot issues with it or the fact that the devs have said that they want to keep them locked to the expansions.
  17. Manafasto Augur

I am just proving, you attempt to speak for others and provide no constructive criticism.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They created a random loot system that needed free trade in order to properly work. Just like the created a TLP that is level locked, starts in GoD and has Beastlords/Berserkers unlocked. They are appear to be willing to unlock them at the start but require that SoL/GoD is also unlocked.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How many people speak about something doesn't change the legitimacy of what they are speaking about.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Anyway I am done with this thread as it is now debating the arguments and is way off topic.