Classes locked to expansions is bad for TLP players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 8, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As is playing the same expansions every year by jumping to the newest TLP server.
  2. Ariana Augur

All this shows is that they have not made any changes to decouple classes from expansions. It does not imply an unwillingness to do so with enough customer support.
  3. Manafasto Augur

The epic is not enough to prevent this QoL change.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It matters to me, because I would rather discuss something with someone that is based upon actual events, actual quests, actual abilities, actual spells rather than the industrial shipment of hot-air you have provided the planet with so far.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. Manafasto Augur

I guess all these games with seasons and mastery need to stop creating new servers, seasons, etc.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

/taps foot
  7. Captain Video Augur

See what you've done? :) The only way forward here, that I can see, is via fresh dev input.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So long as people keep on using circular logic I would have to agree.
  9. Ariana Augur

If only there was a way to effectively communicate with devs about these kinds of things. Would we have better luck filing this as a bug report? #ask-a-dev channel in Discord, dead for 2 years.
  10. Branntick Augur

I might actually try a Berserker on a hypothetical server where I didn't have to wait a year post-launch to play one. The idea of investing in a character for a year then throwing it away to play something else feels strange to me.

As much as people like to meme about how this is exactly what people do by rerolling on new TLPs, it isn't. For myself at least, every TLP is a separate little pocket universe. What happens on X server stays on X server.

There is a certain level of detachment when playing in separate "timelines" for me that doesn't happen if I were to play on one server and then yeet my main into the abyss after a year. The first year would feel pretty pointless, and futile.

For Beastlords it's at least earlier in the timeline, but not by much. It's still like half a year, which is a long time for people to join guilds, become established in them, etc.

Quite frankly, EQ TLP is a horribly unbalanced mess where Wizards eat death touches. If people want to have the option to struggle through playing a poorly itemized, relatively small portion of the EQ timeline, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to.

It isn't going to fundamentally break the game. It probably will require some dev time, who knows how much. If they decide to go the extra mile and revamp a bunch of stuff to make it seamless, that would be ideal.

Quite frankly, getting hung up on arguing with people because they want something to happen is pointless at best, and an outlet for <redacted> at worst. Maybe one day the average person will realize that relentlessly making counter-arguments to things that aren't worth arguing about in the first place is a waste of time that just makes you look like a tool.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As long as you can keep asking for this others can keep pointing out the issues with the request.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because you don't like what I am pointing out doesn't make my points invalid.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe for you but for others it is a big deal.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe someday people will realize that the devs don't like releasing partial/broken content and they have no plans on releasing these classes without the expansion that they got introduced in.
  15. Ariana Augur

Looks around for others making that argument
    Stymie, Skuz and SoandsoForumUser like this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think it is hard to see that people who are not posting now will be posting as soon as they roll a Beastlord/Berserker and RoK rolls around and they are not able to complete the epic.
  17. TheAgenda Augur

TLPs not starting in TSS is bad for TLP players
  18. Chopsuey Augur

So don't pick one of those classes. Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp? The point being that they are available from day one is the one and only reason this is even being discussed. Those that want to choose a class that may not be able to finish their epic while not having to wait a year into a tlp's life to play said class would take their epicless class 10/10 times.
    Inb4 you bring up "but people will complain on the forums cuz they can't do epicz"..round and round you go.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Ariana Augur

As a hypothetical exercise, what if people started posting about Vaniki that there's a bug that prevents them from leveling to 65 at launch? That would be fairly ridiculous, because the published ruleset clearly states that level is locked to 40 at launch. Apply that same thought process to epic availability, and you'll find that this is a non-issue specifically for epics.
  20. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

They will tho :rolleyes: