Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Blingx Augur

Tried this out this morning, it's very close to ideal. Except for a few things:
    1) Mandatory wait time for all items to roll. If I'm Master Looter can't I just say "Roll these items immediately and apply current filters to them."
    2) If I select "Never Loot" and group members don't select anything (because they are expecting me to handle the loot), then the item stays in shared loot and asks for a reroll because no one wants it. Meanwhile my shared list is still populating as group members are killing, they aren't going to stop killing while I mess with the loot, so I can't "Set All: Leave on Corpse." I now have to manually leave on corpse all this unwanted stuff AND the next time this stuff drops I have to do it all over again.

Solution: As the person in Master Looter role.
    1) An option for dice rolls to be immediate so once I apply a filter there is no waiting. ( Maybe an option where each player can check a box that says "Override my filters using Master Looter's filters.") then allow the Master Looter to set "Always Need" Bonechips -> Bob the Necro. And "Never Loot" means "Leave this item on corpse after roll."
    2) If no one wants a junk drop it needs to remove itself from the list rather than ask for reroll.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Hludwolf Developer

For 1, ND/GD/No/AN/AG/Nvr are your personal settings on the item and do not correspond to the master looter settings.
    For 2, This would not be as flexible. A player might be afk for the 1 minute of the ask and not make a response if the item isnt in their filter.
  3. Blingx Augur

1) I know these are personal settings but it'd be nice if the master looter(the person who is looting everything) was able to be the judge and jury when it comes to looting. This is the role my group gave me but I can't even do it as I don't have the control that I NEED to do it.

2) Junk Loot: This is why you allow the master looter to override filters. "Oh Bob the Necro is AFK and this is the first bone chip to drop?" "I guess I can apply a filter that says 'Bob always wants Bone Chips.;"
    Non-Junk Loot: We obviously would wait for Bob to come back from AFK to roll or whatever on this item because chances are this item isn't dropping off of every single mob.
  4. Blingx Augur

Perhaps you can explain what your vision(tm) is with this advloot in a group setting? What are you expecting to happen? It seems what players want/expect to happen is differing from what the engineers are wanting/expecting to happen.

As a player I see it as: Master Looter is a new role where 1 person deals with all the loot, similarly as the Tank role the Tank deals with all Tanking no one else is required to tank, and the puller role where the puller is the person who pulls everything. Whether it is assigning X junk drop to Y Player(continuously, autonomously). Disregarding Z drop(continuously, autonomously), etc. If a junk/cash item drops and I happen to have a filter set where a player decides they now want that item, well I can change the filter then and now every consecutive item is now theirs(or they are in a pool of people that want said item and it rolls for them).
  5. moogs Augur

I logged in this morning to kill some grey cons and it was kind of nice never having to target a corpse. It was also nice to hear the constant ka-ching ka-ching as platinum was transferred to Moogs automatically. 10 minutes later I filled up my bags and I had to log off to go to work anyway.

Figuring this out while boxing and on raids will be another thing altogether.
  6. roguerunner Augur

Re #2, is there a way to make players in group NOT in the zone default to NO so I can organize all the loot myself?
  7. Rickoshay Journeyman

I think Daybreak still has to find the right balance in tweaking the advanced looting system.
    Two things come to mind:

If the good of the few outweigh the good of the many then customer satisfaction will decrease and therefore revenue will decrease.
    If the good of the many outweigh the good of the few then customer satisfaction will increase and therefore revenue will increase,

and

You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time, but can never please all of the people all of the time.

Both are classic pure Aristotelian logic arguments. It's up to Daybreak how they wish to apply those principles.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  8. Bufonidae Elder

It's hard to understand how a system that is so intuitive and easy to use solo can be so awkward, time consuming and obscure for groups.

Soloing it's basically set it and forget it, just check the window every few pulls for rares or new loots.

Farming trade skill stuff and plat seems like it's now a matter of sleeping while your merc kills and you auto-loot from your loot list.

Grouping with it however... so far it's fight it for 5 min then turn it off because it's so much slower and clunkier than the original system.

I hope they find a way to make the group system as friendly as the solo setup.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Oh man, I just imagined sending a looted no trade item to someone in the group that's in another zone. That would be mega convenience.
  10. Rumstil Lorekeeper

This system has potential but it's a little too cumbersome. It should have defaults for "classes" of items. Having to train thousands of items is not really workable.

e.g.

I want to default "Always Greed" on any collectibles I do not have.

I want to default "Never" on any armor ornaments.

I want to default "Never" on any tradeskill items.

I want to default "Always Greed" on any generic vendor loot that is worth more than a certain amount per stack.

If you can't do that, it would be nice if the UI showed the vendor PP value of the items and had color coding/labels for different item "classes".
  11. beyrak Augur

For the life of me, I don't see why there was any changes needed for looting.
    Melanippe and YellowBelly like this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Another feature that would be useful along the lines of moving things around or mass selling is to have them autostack when you use the new move everything from one bag to another.
    Passing excess collectibles around between accounts by swapping bags the bags will just swap contents, not combine stacks, which makes stacking alot of odd little items together manually a bit of a pain.
  13. Slasher Augur

You went the wrong way with this loot system you made it excessive.

1. We need filters to just ignore all tradeable items that are not equipable that way we dont have to set every item to never.
  14. Decessus New Member

I want my old UI back :(
    Please tell me that we're not going to be forced into using the default now.
    EQ is basically unplayable now for me
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

THIS! It's my only complaint.
    -R
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rickoshay like this.
  16. EQgamer23 Elder

I actually like the new system, however, I'd like to see a "leave on corpse - all Never" so that the master looter can click one button to leave all the garbage on corpses.
  17. bober Lorekeeper

is there a way to disable this feature? I just want to click on the corpse and pick items up like every other MMO game does.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

/advloot>EditFilters>Unclick Use Advanced Looting
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How do you replace your filters? Not seeing that on any of the drop down menus, let alone a file.
  20. Blingx Augur

I think the process goes something like this:
    EQ Directory -> userdata. Copy all of the files pertaining to Yinla then change the copies to a new name like YinlaGroup or YinlaSolo.
    Example: LF_AN_Blingx_Stromm -> Copy/ChangeName -> LF_AN_BlingxGroup_Stromm

When you log in do : /advloot -> Edit Filters -> Merge/Replace -> click on the filter you want and click Replace.
    Example: Using the above example there should now be 2 filters to choose from: Blingx_stromm and BlingxGroup_stromm