Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. segap Augur

Answer: No one in the group should be setting anything on those items. Random rolls could give all to one person before anyone else has one, then all future mobs will drop fewer and the task step will take longer for everyone. Quest items like that need to be manually assigned which is ultimately more clicks than just looting the corpses.
  2. Blingx Augur

[IMG]
  3. delfchen Lorekeeper

SRY, no clue if this would be the right page for this comment .... but i hate the new Lootsystem ... i tried it more than once .. and in my opinien it is nasty *peep*, what gets me on my nerves, is that you can't switch it off for the whole account ... no .... you need to turn it off for evry single toon, and that even with the command /advloot .... there is no possibility in the "option window" ... hey sry guys but this is a no go.... same with the fact ... in grps ... as soon the leader is using the new stuff, 1 is forced to beg for loot rights .... in grp .. hey common this is not a raid, and if you wanted to prevent false lootings in raids .. well therefor ... just open your eyes .... this game is becoming more and more like WoW ..and well i don't like WoW ...
    ... oh sry i'm drifting away ...

.. maybe this is nice for the soloists .. but for the grps that play together since .. oh the birth of the pope .. well this is ;)

so PLZ put in a "global option" for Turn on/off of the Loot system.
    i have no idea, if there is a possibility to insert an option to use the new loot sys or not, if leader changes due LD.
    In worst case just use a popup-window with "wanna use new loot system? Yes ... no" (if poss) ... or at least an information like "groups is using advanced lootings now" so one could yell at the new leader ;)
  4. Dre. Altoholic

I just filled both the shared and personal panes in a 550x1000 advloot window. That's 26.5% of screen space at 1920x1080. Care to guess how many kills it took before I had 2 scroll bars? Highlight here: 4 mobs.
    Right clicking a corpse results in the following:
    • "This corpse is using advanced looting. Please use the advanced loot window /advloot to loot this corpse."
    Reading through your posts, I see a lot of Q&A but almost nothing in the line of improvements other than bug fixes. What we really need here is a commitmentthat you folks are going to make this system a lot easier to use within a short timeframe, i.e. 1 or 2 months. There have been way too many half-baked implementations in EQ that get rushed out before they are ready, that ultimately get sidelined to "the list" of items that never get addressed.

Don't let advloot become another example of this, and please take a long hard look at how many items are being placed on mob corpses moving forward.
  5. Lisandra Augur

All this complaining is entirely unnecessary. If you don't like the new loot system, don't use it. Problem solved!
  6. Dre. Altoholic

The system works well for soloing, it's the group integration that's a convoluted mess. And in a group, you are at the mercy of the settings of the leader/masterlooter. Saying 'turn it off' is about as helpful as 'dont bother looting'.
    Sheex and Yinla like this.
  7. Lisandra Augur

Well I could have gone into a more detailed explanation but not everyone is being rational and logical like you were Dre. It can be tweaked some more to get rid of bugs & minor issues but over all I do think it is a great system and improves looting and saves a ton of time. We've had it on Test for about 5 weeks now and I really like it.
  8. Slasher Augur

How about instead of rolling every item it will check if everyone but one person has the item on never it just gives it to that person or if 1 guy has an item on need and everyone else greed or never it gives it to him and ONLY force a roll if multiple people need ?
  9. futonn New Member

Hated it at first, Love it now!
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. matouoli Elder

can we have at least stacked items ................... would help when we are grouping.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  11. Hludwolf Developer

Not for non-stackable items. Stackable items will stack if you are not in group by npc mode.
  12. CocoaNut Elder

I've got a lot of items in my filters, and I've noticed that editing the filters in-game can be rather annoying. Would it be possible to add in a search feature on the filters so, for example, if I decide that I want to farm bone chips to raise faction in Cabilis (for whatever reason), then I can find them a lot easier than just scrolling through the filters to change "never" to "always greed."
  13. Zoggzog Elder

The best feature of this new Advanced Looting system is the ability to turn it off. I'm not even being facetious; including an off switch was a level of foresight rarely seen these days. The new system is fine for certain situations, but can be incredibly annoying at times. There are also plenty of players who just flat-out dislike major changes or mechanics overhauls, so giving them the ability to opt-out instead of forcing it on them was a brilliant move. Kudos and thanks, DB!
  14. matouoli Elder

this new advance looting feature is best suited for what ?.... 5 % players who don't box / don't group?

if you are grouped and boxing it is very annoying to always have to click "" leave on corpses "" what we don't want. even if we got the filtered to don't want them . when I burn on toons and we can kill many mobs, I don't want to stop to click on all items right now , and I wait after burn is done, then you need to select what you want and what you want to keep it on corpses, they don't stack ( I know we can't have non stacking items to stack btw ) , but if I don't want " a bone chip " and it is filtered to stay on corpse I dont' want to have to right click 20x time,

or if we can't have items to stack, we don't need to wait for auto rolling to be several minutes....
    possible to reduce it to several seconds , that way our filter setting while grouped would work..

you need to find a way to have the new adv looting be more useful for those who like to group or box who are probably over 90 % . of EQ .

so bad to see that many players who don't even want to use this new looting feature ,
  15. Tyegamic New Member

Wife and I tried using it, setting it up was confusing, ended up just turned it off, not sure why it couldn't be simple and easy to use like WoW's loot system?
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  16. YellowBelly Augur

The advanced looting system is a little too advanced for me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  17. CocoaNut Elder

It's really not complex. Just hit the checkmark if you want to loot it, the "x" if you want to leave it, one of the selection squares if you want to always loot it (depending on if you'll actually always use it or just sell it) and the X on the right of the squares if you never want to loot it ever.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Ferry-Tunare Augur

If the item is lore and you already have one, none of the buttons do anything and don't tell you why nothing is happening.
  19. Mintalie Augur

10 pages of comments. TL;DR. I guess I'm a Luddite because I disabled it almost immediately. I've always had a loot hotkey anyway so it's never been a big deal. I'll stick with the slow, old-fashioned way, I guess. I never was one for reinventing the wheel.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  20. Lisandra Augur

Too many people too afraid of change. Good thing they never made any other big changes or you all would have thrown your computers out the window while yelling that the earth is flat and listening to your stories on your radio and riding around on a horse and buggy.