Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Blingx Augur

Are you asking for something different than the "Set all to: Leave All" button that is currently in? If you are could you go into a little more detail about what you want and what makes it different than "Set all to...?"
  2. moogs Augur

Once the filters started to kick in, I was able to make over 500pp per minute farming grey cons before leaving for work. It's a great system when running solo. I think that the dice rolls should be scrapped to simplify the interface and some things should be left for the players to decide on their own. Need Before Greed is also unnecessarily complicated; just a Yes or No (I would like the item / not like the item) is fine.
    Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  3. Hiladdar Augur

I took a look at the file in ../userdata/LF_AN_CharacterName_ServerName.ini.

It looks like there are 3 fields in that file, delineated by a "^". The field names are ITEM_ID, ICON_ID, ITEM_NAME. The field names are self explanatory. It is fairly easy to find the ITEM_ID and ITEM_NAME, but where do I find the correct ICON_ID should I want to manually populate the table?

When I look at normalizing databases, ITEM_ID would be the unique key for database table, and the other two fields are descriptive fields. ICON_ID would be a key from an icon table which identifies a unique index with in a the icon table, providing a 1 to many link to from item table to the icon table. The ITEM_NAME field is a descriptive field for the item ID. As a player, it makes sense for me to see the ITEM_ID and optimally the ITEM_NAME in the LF files on the client computer. But it does not make sense for me to see the ICON_ID or to even store that in the LF_... files. The reason for that is in the event that the icons for specific item may be changed and at that time I believe that the EQ client may display two different icons for an item, specifically the un-updated icon in the advanced loot window and the updated icon in inventory, merchant window, bazar and barter windows etc.

It makes sense to include ITEM_ID and ITEM_NAME in the LF_... files, but remove ICON_ID in that table on the user's box. Removing the ITEM_ID as a field and only having the ITEM_ID and ITEM_NAME would make it very easy for the user to build and maintain their LF_... files off line.

Finally is there a more detailed documentation on the loot sub-system and how to edit it / maintain it while not logged into Everquest, in the same way that the interface files may be edited and maintained.
  4. Stumphobbler Elder

Any chance at all can you (Daybreak) make /hidecorpse looted work with the new loot system ?
    Sita and Yinla like this.
  5. segap Augur

So I spent some time playing with it on while boxing. I'm seeing potential.

Some comments:
    1) I'd love to have an "opt out" button. This would tell it to ignore my filters and take no loot at all. The master looter should still be able to assign me something in this state. This would really help when boxing. The boxes could quickly flip the switch and leave everything. It would also help in real groups where I am boxing an extra -- I always loot/roll as one person when boxing in groups. This would save having to make a different config file with everything set to never.

2) Please give configurable timers on rolling. I can understand the need for a longer time to let people change their preference. But the group should decide how long to wait.

3) In mobile groups, you can quickly get out of range of corpses and they don't loot once the timer on the roll counts down. I can understand having unlimited range allowing you to exploit looting corpses that are surrounded by live mobs. How about forcing a roll when the group moves out of looting range?

4) Can the window be set to only pop up if a decision is needed? If I have a preference for the new item, I don't want to be bothered.

5) Either place the newest items at the top by default or autoscroll to the new items at the bottom

6) I'd like to see it do better and evenly dividing vendor trash. So long as the group has not changed, it should keep track of how many of each item each person has been rewarded. So, if 3 people have been given a diamond, they would not get a second until the other 3 have as well.

7) In a similar vein to #1, allow the master looter to be set to loot everything per their preferences. Add a toggle for no-drop (useful for quest items that need to be looted for an update). Unknown items and lore items that cannot be looted should pop up the window.
    Lisandra and JupiterKnight like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

you can search for the item on EQ Resource, then when you get to the item (for example this one: http://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=15840 ), just drag the icon into your browsers url bar this should get you a url ( in this case http://items.eqresource.com/itemimages/658.png ), the icon id = 658
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Before this system went live all pure vendor trash should have been removed from game and replaced by adding the maximum amount of plat that a person could sell it to a vendor for. The only items we should need to be divying up shouldp be TS, Quest, gear, and spells/tomes related items.

As predicted, this whole thing is a giant cluster**** because it was pushed out way too fast and on by default at day 1.
  8. EQgamer23 Elder

Not the leave all, I mean so you don't have to constantly click "leave on corpse" for items that you choose "never" for.. I'm hoping there can be a button for "leave all" that just leaves all the items you've selected that you never want.

My understanding is that the current "leave all" button leaves everything on the corpse despite what your loot preferences are.
    Blingx likes this.
  9. Yara_AB Augur

What I found is that "need before greed" does not work reliably.
    I have a character who has item x on "greed" and another has it on "need" - guess what? Every now and then the "greed" character wins the roll. Seems like internally everybody just randoms and if a greed gets a higher number "bingo".

Unless I am not getting the system right, that is. Maybe "need" only gives a random-bonus, maybe? ;-)
  10. Lily Augur

Unfortunately this is not quite true, as you already pointed out in your post.
  11. DefenseEQ Augur

Our raid leader turned off advanced looting for our raids. He encouraged us to do the same.

Later someone in the raid who had advanced loot turn on cannot loot the boss chest now. Its been 10 minutes and still not able to loot, getting the "you are not able to loot this at this time."

So does the raid leader not dictate what loot system is used? Our guild does not wish to use the new system at all, but this is even worse it seems now if the raid leader cannot choose which system is used and it blocks some from getting loot.
  12. Dyna Elder

I have to agree with you, a HUGE part of playing is GONE! You no longer have to recover and loot your corpse, you don't have to find a porter to get anywhere, you don't die when you fall hardly anyplace nor burn in the lava, nor drown, there are so many don't need to anymores!

plus all of this stuff makes the game slower for older computers or slow servers.
  13. Dyna Elder

Some of my fondest memories is of recovering my corpse from difficult places to loot!
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Doomsmite New Member

This new un-advanced loot system is Demerit 1 for your new ceo. If she steps down now I'm sure no one will blame her. In fact to save face may I suggest she does step down or swear to all of Norath she wont be involved with ingame content ever again. Ok so you guys seem to be struggle and grasping at straws way to much for normal peoples taste. Heres a simple suggestion no one will hate but it will require you to actually work. No new hot zones or task above level 90.... you think that a good game strategy with so many level 105 players?..... (rhetorical)
  15. Blingx Augur

Which part are you disagreeing with? The hostility or the ease of switching back? I like the new system barring a few things that aren't as efficient as they could be and those are the only things I really mention/discuss. Changing it back to the way it was is actually a single check box in the Edit Filters window...
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Looting your own corpse in Plane of Fear was fun and exciting 16 years ago when there was so much less content.
    Not having to right click on every corpse and being able to loot a corpse than ran close to other mobs without the hassle of having to kill mobs you don't want is an advancement. Also, you can invis right after a mob dies vs waiting till the corpse is clicked when in tight quarters.
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Lily Augur

You can't change it back the way it was, since the old way freed up the corpse after 2 minutes. Now it's 15. A lot of my frustration with this system would go away if they put it back to 2 minutes.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Yea, apparently for people that want to let out of group characters loot things, it's apparently quite different. I'm not sure how intended that is though, so mixed bag.
  19. Blingx Augur

Oh I see and yes I agree that seemed like an arbitrary change that they claimed was to help prevent ninja looting.
    However, If you are using /advloot then you won't have fear of being ninjad due to the corpse being 'reserved'.
    And if you aren't using /advloot there is another method to deter ninja's, namely, corpse-locking by staying in the loot window of a corpse.

Another thing, they gave /advloot the ability to immediately unlock a corpse(bypass the 15min timer). But the normal method has no way of doing this(maybe they should implement this?)

They could also have just put the increased timer on any mob flagged as a 'raid' instead of every. single. mob. in the game. (assuming this was to prevent ninjaing raid drops, because who ninjas fine steel swords?)
  20. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Question:
    Scenario
    Player A needs 1 more hardened hides from crocolisks to make a total of 4
    Player B needs 1 more hardened hides from crocolisks to make a total of 4
    Player C needs 1 more hardened hides from crocolisks to make a total of 4

Player A still has shared filter set to always need
    Player B still has shared filter set to always need
    Player C still has shared filter set to always need

a stack of 3 hardened hides drops from the next crocolisk.

How does the advanced loot realize the players only need 1 more and NOT award all 3 to the dice winner when using the random dice feature.

Alternatively: how does a master looter split a stack and assign 1 to each player if not using the random dice feature on that drop.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.