Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Rickoshay Journeyman

Perhaps I have misspoken. I should have said it is unacceptable to me.
    I do not like the idea that I have to have "permission" from a group leader to loot trade skills or other items that no one else in the group wants. It's time consuming and demeaning.
    I tried to loot corpses that have had a rot time of less than 15 minutes and have not been able to loot any of the items (using the reverted loot system) before the corpses rotted. If there is a corpse that lasts longer than 15 minutes I do not wish to wait that long before I can loot the trade skills item(s) with an ungrouped alt.
    As previously said this delay was incorporated to discourage ninja looting. Apparently the actions of a very few dictate game changes and delays for all. This was not done for the convenience of the player, but to facilitate the new "No Customer Service" implementation by Daybreak.
    I stand by my statements that it will slow gameplay. I am a firm believer of the idea that if something is not broken, don't try to "fix" it.
    I have several accounts and have been playing EQ since 1999. I have seen many innovations and changes that have improved the gameplay and fun in EQ over the years. I believe that the advanced looting system is more of a complication and distraction dictated by Daybreak's lack if interest in wanting to provide customer service than an improvement.
    Fenudir, Yinla and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  2. Blingx Augur

I agree with a lot of what you have said. As Master Looter for my group I don't want to have to continuously micromanage loot. I believe the idea is(or should be) that after you have seen an item once and decided how to manage it then you should not have to manage that same kind of item again.

In solo play this is very easy and intuitive, green check for yes, red X for no. In group play I have been unable to get the new system to behave in a suitable way. The set-and-forget in a group setting is not intuitive at all, if it is even possible.
  3. Blingx Augur

I also think the 15min wait time is unnecessary and had no issues with the previous wait time. But if Daybreak has data that shows people are ninja looting(that's still a thing?) because of the shortened wait time then the only thing we can do is offer alternative solutions and hope they take our concerns into consideration.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Umm... No, because I do not want the corpses that I have listed or those listed and unlocked to vanish. I want the ones that I have LOOTED to vanish immediately; and corpses that I have looted using the advanced looting system would be those which had no loot/coin on them at all, have been parsed through my filters and all loot on the corpse was in some way covered by my filters, or have been parsed through my filters and the remaining items I chose to either take or leave.

Neither of these is true. The Options menu has both account and character basis items on it; I have to go into my options menu for any new character I make and uncheck the auto join General channels unless I have copied another character's ini files over.

Reducing the timer will not increase the amount of ninja looting at all. For 16ish years now their has been a 2 minute lockout; now it is a 15 minute lockout... Umm... I think that the 15 minute lockout can be dropped down quite a bit. I would say 15 minute lockouts are fine for Raid mobs that still have items being assigned (honestly you could put a 25 minute lockout on those IMO), but for group mobs a 5-10 minute lockout should be more than long enough for a group to divvy up the loot; even with all loot-bearing corpses being 30 minutes.
    Yinla and Blingx like this.
  5. Blingx Augur

This. If I have an item in my list (either personal or shared) then whichever corpse that item is on I still want to be visible. Once all items that are on a corpse are 'dealt' with THEN I want it to disappear. Neither listed nor listedunlocked seem to imitate this behavior.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Also, something I just thought of, it would be nice if there were No Drop and Lore columns in the loot windows so that we could easily identify which items that we might need to examine closer before choosing to loot or not.
  7. Dorigen Lorekeeper

Got to raid with the new loot system today.

As a raid leader... I have to say this is a huge set back. Lets start with the timer. We had to wait 15min. to fully loot the corpse. Alot of raids we have loot go to alts; weapons are a great example of this when doing Cotf T1 raids. When bringing in an alt after event win, we had to wait 15min for the chest to open to others. Doing 4 events in a night just became 3 events due to waiting for alt loots now. For instanced raids, 3min timer seems to be almost too long...but any static zones...15min seems a bit much; but 10min. may not be too far fetched.

For groups...I think its been pointed out spot on. Micromanaging loots isnt fun and doesnt make me want to play more. I think the concept is close...if you can make it continue to go to a set player; example once given person "a" the Bat Wing it will continue to give person "a" the Bat Wings until the group ends.

Anyways, didnt know the loot system was broke. Dont fix something not broken??
    WTB: More Raids

Cheers and Thanks,
    Dorigen <Wudan> on Zek
    Fenudir and Yinla like this.
  8. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Note that "Masterlooter" is now a role you can assign. So the Leader (Group or Raid) does NOT need to be the one handling the loot; they can delegate it to someone else in the group/raid to handle it.

We raided last night, and took down three events.

First event: The Advanced loot window came up, showed everything that was available. I think the RL got a bit frazzled and didn't realize all the capabilities, but otherwise it went fairly smoothly.

Second event: I think he managed to turn it off for that event. Chest was lootable immediately with no issues.

Third event: He turned it back on briefly. As soon as the chest was opened, he tossed everything back into the chest, and did loot the old fashioned way. We didn't have a 15 minute wait or anything like that.

As for micromanaging, I'm not sure how much more micromanaging it is compared to the old style.

Old style: You have to keep checking every single corpse, see if it has anything you want, checking item links, sorting out no drops for quests you aren't on ect....

New style: Window contains all the loot as soon as the mob dies. You get the cash split immediately. You can pick the items you want to always grab or never grab and NEVER see those items again (except in your bags if you want them). You can pick the loot when you have a moment after killing (within 15 minutes). You just have to be in the general area of the corpse, you don't have to search around and try to find the one you missed, or the particular one (a named drop) in a pile of other corpses.

At most, you have a bit more management at the start of a group, or at least as the system learns. The more you use it, the easier it will be to use, and the less management it should be.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

Advloot seriously shines a spotlight on the bigger issue - Just how much worthless junk there is on mobs these days.
  10. Battleaxe Augur

Hehe - a subsequent post clarifies why no "it's easy to use" posters have posted the file/s for common setups, there's no select a setup and load it UI included, and not even a batch file for doing the necessary copies semi manually/automatically (not really acceptable since many players are not going to be comfortable running a batch file from a command line/don't even know how to get the command line up).

It's not elegant or setup to be user friendly. Providing files for common setups would just highlight how not user friendly it is.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

I think the 15 minute timer was meant to be a "one size fits all" thing , likely geared toward raids.
    That said, I agree with the above posters that it's way too long for the group game.
    Upping the unlock timer from 5 to 15 minutes is a 300% increase. (Intended?)
    I hope this part can be reviewed as it's "not acceptable" in several specific applications.
    -Rat
    Rickoshay and Yinla like this.
  12. JupiterKnight Journeyman

I would like for items to be immediately rolled on once every player has decided whether or not they want an item. I would also like items that everyone has said they don't want to be automatically left-on-corpse.

Having items sit in the loot list for 2 minutes while they go through the "auto ask & roll" process is too long. Having items refuse to leave the loot list until I explicitly tell them to "stay-on-corpse" because no one wanted them is too micro-managey.

I think this suggestion I've put forth would greatly cut down on the visual information overload that happens when I try to masterloot for a fast-killing group with the advanced system.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can it remember 2 different lists? I loot differently when I'm soloing to when I group. Soloing everything worth anything to me is set to greed, grouping I want to share things with my group mates, so I guess everything should be set as roll.
  14. fortuneteller Augur

Have to correct you here, it is not a 300% increase, but it is a 750% increase, and b4 it was so you could loot after 2 min, now it is 15.
  15. Zrax New Member

i kind of like the new loot system it makes it so much easer.
  16. Hludwolf Developer

A comment for those having trouble with the perceived "micromanaging" aspect for the master looter. Set everything that is cash-loot to auto ask/roll (?/dice icon column) and only spend time allocating the few items that players want. Once the players have the items they want, set all to: leave on corpse for the rest. You can also set all to auto ask/roll and it will check everything in your list for you.
  17. Hludwolf Developer

Yes, make a copy of your files with another name like yinlax and then replace your filters each time you switch between group/solo.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

I spent hours using this system last night and I have no idea what this means. Steep learning curve is steep iGuess?

Losing the ability to right-click an advloot-locked corpse is unacceptable.

This system is very intrusive; with autopop windows that need to take up about 25% of my 1080p screen space just to be usable.

What's up with the crashes? I'm crashing constantly (default UI) with or without having advloot open and frequently lose connection while zoning. This is new.

Can we get an option to put new loot at the top instead of the bottom?

The only time I'd really like this is in older zones farming zonewides for an item that's one of the lovely 0.001 chances of dropping. What I'd like is an option that says "Ignore everything except for this item" and let me type i the item name. Instead it seems like I need to use the opposite approach and gotta filter out all the garbage first instead of choosing the item I actually want, which I can't seem to do until it drops, negating the whole system. Thoughts?

The real problem here is you've used a massive bulky and unwieldy system to bandaid a different problem - that 99% of the junk on EQ mob corpses is worthless. I figured this lesson would have been learned with /hidecorpse.

Any way to flag named mobs?
  19. Hludwolf Developer

You can resize the window. You can sort the loot however you please by clicking the column headers (in your case, click the item icon column). There is no concept of right clicking the corpse to loot in the new system. You right click the corpse to unlock it, if its locked.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

What should have happened instead of this is categorization of the drops themselves:

• Cash drops are auto-distributed in round-robin fashion
    • Tradeskill drops are the same, but only for players who have 'Receive TS items' toggled
    • Quest loots are automatically distributed based on active quests.
    That pretty much leaves defiant gear, named loot and zonewides, which are rare enough that we can sort through them ourselves.
    IceSy likes this.