SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

An individual could hold the code and expect market forces to propel the value of the code above the equivalent value of money in Krono. For instance, Noble Dojorn's Lamp (2007 FanFaire) is in very high demand. It is not irrational in and by itself - just another form of risk and investment.
  2. Rafather Augur

wow serious? those restrictions are lame, zero bonus to the illusion and its only for 10min every 2 hours? good scam announcing this 4 months ago, oh wait you didn't knowing it wouldn't sell like it did.
  3. SpamFactory Augur

The duration and recast should have been included in the initial announcement.

They never advertised the SOE live items in advance, and the various FAQs, websites and threads since this item was announced had constant reassurance that people will get the item even if they do not attend.

For example, here's a line from the email I received this week regarding SOE Live: "If you purchased a Day Pass and aren't planning to attend the event in-person, we'll be emailing out codes for your in-game items after the show (late in the week of 8/18)"

This was set up so people to buy tickets just for the item if they wanted, and leaving out important information that could affect someone's decision to buy or not is really shady.

Look at how much detail is put into descriptions of big ticket SC items (read the description on the hero forge unlocker, server move token, or heroic character unlocker for examples of detailed descriptions).

Why was such an important piece of information on this SOE live item left out until after the refund period?
  4. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Stop beating around the bush and just put the loot card in the station store for the duration of SOE Live.

Not offering it to your entire player base is really just a waste. Because yea it might be worth the 35 bucks. But it is deffinitly not worth the gas money/plane ride.

Grats to whoever lives in Nevada I guess.....
  5. Qulas Augur

I sincerely hope that this get changed to be more in line with other illusions in the game.

This reward went from one of the most exciting things from fan faire this year, to an item that isn't worth a spot in our bags.

We want to look like Ancient Gods as they are some of the most celebrated and loved npc graphics in the game. I cannot think of a single negative to actually letting us be in these illusions as we please.

The announcement of this item was a major selling point to guild mates of mine who were on deciding if they wanted to come to fan faire or not. I know personally of 6 people who solely bought Day Passes just to get this illusion. I can promise you that if the restrictions on this item were announced these purchases would not have been made.

Please fix this.
    Phrett, TheQxx, Romance and 9 others like this.
  6. Torriadore Elder

It's been said several times, but this item's restrictions should be removed (it should have been advertised as such before the refund date otherwise). Nearly all illusion items in EQ (and all reward/gift type illusions) have been 36 minute, no recast.
    TheQxx, SaderakhBertox and OldCa61 like this.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

This is absolute garbage. What exactly is your problem with fun? There is little enough left in this game then you manipulate people into buying passes when they will not go to fan faire (oh, I'm sorry, "soe live") for an illusion item, something you post multiple threads on advertising, now you hit us with this garbage restrictions?

There is absolutely no reason for this. This is just a kick in the gut for giggles.
  8. Laozi New Member

Dear Devs.

1. Current Illusions. There is no sacred cow when it comes to illusions (and really no opposition from the player base these days). These are old God models (not PoP). Furthermore, 15th Anniversary is a perfect time to release full Ancient Gods illusion.

Some Examples of Current "Top/God-Level" Illusions:
    Flying Dragon - Aspect of the Brood
    Jester - Visage of the Daft Trickster
    Pyrilen - Visage of the Queen Pyrilonis
    Gelidran - Visage of the King Galena
    Corrupt Akheva - Shadowstone Tiara
    Drachnid - Visage of the Dark Arachnids
    Polka Dot Rabbit - Worn Old Rabbit's Foot
    Brownie Noble - Visage of the Brownie Noble
    Butterfly - Delightful Visage of the Answerer.
    Siren Sorceress - Polymorph Wand: Siren Sorcerress
    +Dozens of other LoN illusions and Polymorphs.
    (Full 36 minutes, focusable, no recast).

2. Past FanFaire/SOE Live Rewards. The magnitude of this year's reward with the restrictions would actually put it below or lower than other years' rewards. This is supposed to be the Year of EverQuest.

Past FanFaire Rewards:
    2007 - Stones of Fortune - Sporali Illusion (36 minutes)/Earth Pet
    2007 - Noble Dojorn Lamp - Experience (50%)/HP/Mana Potions*
    2008 - Bridle of the Wrulon Protector (Limited, Rainbow-color Wrulon).
    2011 - Marionette Strings - 4 Models of Puppet Mercs
    2012 - Bloodstained Contract - Vampire Mercs
    2012 - Fancy Dress Only Painting*

*Yes, previous years received multiple items due to the existence of LoN.

3. Old Gods models exist as familiars - Rallos Zek Puppet, Solusek Ro Puppet, and Erollisi Doll.

4. Some of your best, hard-core customers have purchased SOE Live passes.

Please consider these factors and revamp the Guise.
    Dhdcf, TheQxx, OldCa61 and 1 other person like this.
  9. A-Quad Augur

I guess there's a chance that they didn't establish this [ridiculous] duration/recast back when they announced it. But if they did plan on such unprecedented limitations from the getgo, then yeah - it's hard not to feel scammed.

With the Gunthak Swabby clicky fresh on our minds with CotF, you guys had to have known that we were expecting this to be conceptually the same. We ask that you reconsider.
    Dhdcf, TheQxx and OldCa61 like this.
  10. SaderakhBertox Augur

Very disappointed and not what I was expecting... I hope someone over there realizes their mistake. So let's here the justification for it, and give us the tally of the EQ versus EQII ticket sales please.
    TheQxx and OldCa61 like this.
  11. Donroy Elder

Wow. Like the others, I'm extremely disappointed in these restrictions. Please make this right.
    TheQxx likes this.
  12. Makavien Augur

This is a pretty upsetting change for the community a lot of players paid for a day pass just to get this item and changing it 3 days before soe live is really bad .

You should really make it a normal cycling illusion. The only other short duration illusions were free items from the market place for a couple holidays.
    TheQxx likes this.
  13. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

Classic Bait and Switch; very sad..
    Too bad Reddit will never see what is said here; you might could trade for an official, Slept-in, big-n-tall, long sleeve shirt. Regardless, keep your receipts or an expired credit card might have your guys partying in the street. :rolleyes:
  14. TheQxx Augur

Wow. What a total bait and switch. I don't spend much money on EQ outside of subscription fees but this was the ones thing I decided to go in on. Those illusions are like cool as the other side of the pillow. If it was LoN or Market Place, I night have slept on it but I didn't want to miss my one chance to get them. So I shelled out my $50 for the day pass.

That being said, I would have never given my money for something so dumb; that duration and recast is pointless. If you're playing, it is useless. The only time it is 'normal' is when you AFK in the lobby for more than 2 hours. WHAT A BLAST. MUCH FUN. SO AFK. SUCH ILLUSION.

This item has similar functionality to the Eye Patch we all just worked for so people logically assumed the functionality and properties would be the same, as far as the illusion portion goes. You knew it. Then you announced restrictions that make them item useless after we all buy it - that is not a mistake, it was manipulative by design. You knew we wouldn't buy it with those restrictions.

Now it's going to sit in my claim window so it doesn't even have to eat up a bank slot. 50 DOLLAR MINUS. GG.

Really, just make this a normal illusion or give me and everyone else their money back if they bought a day pass and don't attend. Garbage.
    Pwning and SaderakhBertox like this.
  15. Zarzac Augur

Even if this wasn't on purpose, and the restriction was placed on the item after all the marketing went out, someone at SOE should be able to clearly see how the people who were after this item now feel like victims of a bait and switch.

Nearly every illusion in the game now, and all the new ones, have a multi hour duration, so it should have been safe to assume this item would follow that same president.
  16. Action-MNK Journeyman

Wow, what an utterly disappointing revelation to come mere days before the actual event. This will be my 2nd year attending, and looking through items from past years events, remembering the snow globe from last year (arrived 2 months after the event?), this was a really nice treat to go along with the whole thing.

Is it too much to ask that they work like the more recent illusions to come into the game (gnoll and gunthak pirate)?
    TheQxx likes this.
  17. guado Augur

The only reason I could think to have a short duration would be:

Add it to your burn hotkey so when you're burning you turn into a random god?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only if they *don't* change the restrictions.
  18. Eanelder Augur

The illusion was the deciding factor on my buying the SOELive day pass as well. If i had been presented with the duration and recast of the illusion before hand I most likely would have not bought the day pass. Not being presented with this information until after the refund date makes me feel taken advantage of by a bait and switch.
  19. Ringkeeper Journeyman

The best option for me would be to keep the item as advertised - none or minimal restrictions. If this will not be the case, will refunds be offered?
  20. OldCa61 Augur

Not sure, but when I buy stuff with my credit card, and it is not what was advertised or is different from the description, I can do a chargeback and get all my money back. Wonder if that pertains here ?

WTS ONE (1) Sony Live Loot Card, Taking offers now :) (This is intended as humor, No rules were broken in this sad display of defiance over Sony putting their hands into our pockets)