Quatr's Recent Activity

1. Quatr liked Silver-Crow's post in the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

For me, once you get past 110, overseer is the most efficient way of levelling persona's for real xp. Assuming you're past the autogrant...

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:13 PM
  2. Quatr liked Scorrpio's post in the thread Tradeskills Limits?.

Basic seven: baking, brewing, blacksmithing, jewelcraft, pottery, fletching, tailoring. All classes now get research, but that stands...

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:32 PM
  3. Quatr liked Vumad's post in the thread What to do at level 100?.

This is the item I was talking about. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100107 This item is still valuable today,...

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:00 PM
  4. Quatr liked Brudal's post in the thread AC Tricks?.

Missed two: Evolving Stone Tear from Pillars of Alra will directly modify your defense skill which will also increase your AC....

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:07 AM
  5. Quatr liked Brickhaus's post in the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

x box = x characters (no mercs) I believe most would assume if you say you 2 box, 3 box, etc ... that they are using mercs to fill...

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:05 AM
  6. Quatr liked Alnitak's post in the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

For myself and for the people I play with "6-boxing" means there are 6 accounts and 6 characters being played at the same time. 3...

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:05 AM
  7. Quatr liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Heroic Character question.

Yes you get a hot bar, actually 4 hot bar windows with preset class specific spells etc. And you get a message like mentioned above asking...

Apr 21, 2024 at 1:04 PM
  8. Quatr liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Bard: Aura of "_" vs. Echo of "_".

Aura of ___ follows your character. Echo of ___ creates a stationary aura where you initially "cast" the spell. Basic benefit to Echo...

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:32 AM
  9. Quatr liked Rijacki's post in the thread Bard: Aura of "_" vs. Echo of "_".

If you're using the mana/healing aura and are the puller with everyone else staying in one spot, you can use the echo and it will stay...

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:32 AM
  10. Quatr liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

I have expensive computers. Probably take around 30k to build what I am currently using today.

Apr 20, 2024 at 4:18 AM
  11. Quatr liked Chorus's post in the thread Importance of Heroic AAs (Progression).

I don't much care about the HP, but the mana regen caps are like 2 per, and right now that would put me 60 mana regen/tick behind. I...

Apr 19, 2024
  12. Quatr liked Tarvas's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I recently learned that giving certain parts of a server stack a rest may end up with them deciding to rest eternally. A hamster in...

Apr 17, 2024
  13. Quatr liked Herf's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Well, when code and a dev love each other very much, adult bugs are eliminated to make space for new baby bugs to give them a chance to...

Apr 17, 2024
  14. Quatr liked Cicelee's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Thank you for the transparency and information! And all of that while being upbeat is fantastic!

Apr 17, 2024
  15. Quatr liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The downside of doing patches in the middle of the night (which would probably be anywhere from 9pm to 4am Pacific) is that it's 100%...

Apr 17, 2024
  16. Quatr liked Rijacki's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

It is also possible that they schedule other maintenance during the patch, especially when they have a longer downtime. They might be...

Apr 17, 2024
  17. Quatr liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

It's like if you have errands to run after work, it's best to NOT sit down in a comfy chair, or they'll never get done :D

Apr 17, 2024
  18. Quatr liked Vumad's post in the thread Personas?.

Persona is an alt that shares you flags, ACH and gear. You don't need to reflag to enter locked zones. You have all your...

Apr 17, 2024
  19. Quatr liked Tucoh's post in the thread Leveling up alts on live server.

So, what I didn't know was that you could taskadd at the end of a mission before you open the chest. This is something I should have...

Apr 16, 2024
  20. Quatr liked Tatanka's post in the thread Abusing Draught of the Craftsman to Level a Heroic Char's Tradeskills.

Didn't know that. I just spent time looking at the other pre-reqs (Cabbage stuff, no requirements, Eron's 250 in each skill, Aid...

Apr 16, 2024
  21. Quatr liked Aanuvane's post in the thread Abusing Draught of the Craftsman to Level a Heroic Char's Tradeskills.

I personally would take the time and do the Crescent Reach Freebies and get the trophy quests while your skill is at 54. Let them go ahead...

Apr 16, 2024
  22. Quatr liked Exmortis_MT's post in the thread Paladin as main 6 boxing group.

I recently played around with many different box teams on Mischief and Oakwynd. Paladin: Though great if no cleric, until Luclin is...

Apr 16, 2024
  23. Quatr liked Tuco's post in the thread Shadow Knight Guide for Level 125 / Laurion's Song.

In case it's useful for anyone, I updated Drogba's guide for Shadow Knights for Laurion's Song spells in beta and posted it here:...

Apr 15, 2024
  24. Quatr liked Tuco's post in the thread Boxed Group for Missions.

You may also want to specify whether they have raid gear, which makes a massive difference for difficult missions. Raid geared...

Apr 13, 2024
  25. Quatr liked Canardvc's post in the thread Non enchanter 6 box ideas....

You can use /xtar commands to target mobs in your extended target window. I usually have main tank in slot #1, assist target on slot...

Apr 13, 2024
  26. Quatr liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

In Task Manager they're listed as "Logical processors" on the Performance > CPU page where one physical core typically has a pair of...

Apr 13, 2024
  27. Quatr liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

If you want a group that can move around fast you need wiz, druid, bard, mage, cleric, fellowship, and a LS ring. You can then just...

Apr 13, 2024
  28. Quatr liked Covennx's post in the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

From behind no discs just autoattack/autoskill its about 0.96 BS per second, from the front about 0.65 BS per second.

Apr 13, 2024
  29. Quatr liked Kalamos's post in the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

Solid team and no doubt would perform really well for you. I do like the idea of swapping a Rogue for the Zerk. Rogues are stupid easy...

Apr 13, 2024
  30. Quatr liked LostSoul's post in the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

This is not my parse nor my group, its a guildies. Combined (4): A huge slime in 35s, 989.05M Damage @28.26M, 1. Zerker = 333.02M@9.79M in...

Apr 13, 2024
  31. Quatr liked Fanra's post in the thread What to do at level 100?.

2) Yes, the best thing to do is start following expansions' quest lines. As for which expansion to start with, I cannot say. I guess Rain...

Apr 12, 2024
  32. Quatr liked CatsPaws's post in the thread What to do at level 100?.

I would go back a few expansions so you can cruise thru them and get some Heroic AA's. You will likely need some of the other knowledge you...

Apr 12, 2024
  33. Quatr liked Rijacki's post in the thread What to do at level 100?.

In EQ, the equivalent to the Signature quest line is the Progression achievements which include the Partisan (usually story-based),...

Apr 12, 2024
  34. Quatr liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I can repro this bug, thanks. As a workaround, please check "Disable fullscreen optimizations" in eqgame.exe > Properties >...

Apr 10, 2024
  35. Quatr liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Because I know y'all are going to ask, these are the zones, quests, and percent experience will increase related to this note. As an...

Apr 9, 2024
  36. Quatr liked Barton-Vox's post in the thread What server can handle the free 100lvl Epic char?.

live servers and TLP's that have unlocked Torment of Velious Q: What expansion is needed to unlock the new Level 100 Heroic Characters? A:...

Apr 8, 2024
  37. Quatr liked Xianzu_Monk_Tunare's post in the thread Is there a way to tell which is a free heroic char vs a paid one?.

Correct, the Plat and the Bayle Marks (merc payment tokens) are not given out again; the rest is.

Apr 4, 2024
  38. Quatr replied to the thread Fixed Overseer Data Not Loading.

Not loading on Tunare either. Working on Test, though.

Apr 4, 2024
  39. Quatr liked Tucoh's post in the thread conflagrant charm of security not working properly.

It's kind of silly, but charms seem designed to be a little silly with some of the charm effects that increase based on distance to zone...

Mar 31, 2024
  40. Quatr liked Fanra's post in the thread Good's Maps Pack.

Goodurden's Maps - Link leads to Good's Maps 1-12-2024.zip which is latest.

Mar 30, 2024
  41. Quatr liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Good's Maps Pack.

Yeah, I had to quit using Goods cause of the google bull hockey. But they are updated if you can get around that. You can use...

Mar 30, 2024
  42. Quatr liked Rijacki's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

For profit companies cannot have volunteer employees in the US (and many other locations as well). "Under the [Fair Labor Standards Act]...

Mar 30, 2024
  43. Quatr liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Why do gamers always think people want to work for free?

Mar 30, 2024
  44. Quatr liked Nennius's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

There is a thread from awhile back that covers pretty much the same topic....

Mar 30, 2024
  45. Quatr liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Volunteers are what I affectionately refer to as 'paper employees'. Ultimately unreliable, part-time employees with little to no ownership,...

Mar 30, 2024
  46. Quatr liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Even if the volunteers are fully trained up and don't need any training you still manager/developer time to assign/approve what they will...

Mar 30, 2024
  47. Quatr liked Meeko's post in the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

I'll save y'all a few clicks with direct links to the job postings. Hiring people isn't always the result of someone no longer being on the...

Mar 29, 2024
  48. Quatr liked Vumad's post in the thread What are those must do anniversaries?.

The overseer adds can be a problem cause a wipe easily but it is very easy to manage proactively. The overseer will spawn in the...

Mar 24, 2024
  49. Quatr liked Vumad's post in the thread Essential skills for 100 SK?.

I had a similar experience. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/sk-writeup-for-120.285175/ TLDR... SHD has just...

Mar 21, 2024
  50. Quatr liked fransisco's post in the thread Good 3 PC (+3 merc) group class options.

bards multiply dps, but you need enough dps to make it worthwhile. Paladins aren't known for their stunning dps. pal/shm is not a high...

Mar 20, 2024
  51. Quatr replied to the thread Essential skills for 100 SK?.

There is a "Heroic Level 100 Shadowknight Getting Started" guide on YouTube in case you are not familiar with it.

Mar 17, 2024
  52. Quatr liked Nennius's post in the thread /taskadd question.

I do frequently.

Mar 15, 2024
  53. Quatr liked Fanra's post in the thread Is there a way to open trade window with your target rather than having to click on them?.

As niente says, target the player, put the item on your cursor, and type /usetarget. This will open a trade window with the target you...

Mar 15, 2024
  54. Quatr replied to the thread /taskadd question.

Oh, right. I am not sure what I was thinking. Can I claim temporary insanity?

Mar 15, 2024
  55. Quatr liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread /taskadd question.

No it means that is the step that locks the task on completion. Request, camp, ta, camp back, run task, camp, loot.

Mar 15, 2024
  56. Quatr liked Alnitak's post in the thread /taskadd question.

Don't dwell too much on it. If you do it - great, enjoy the pearl. If not - oh well, back to leveling up your 90 alt. The pearl seems...

Mar 15, 2024
  57. Quatr replied to the thread /taskadd question.

Interesting points, thanks!

Mar 15, 2024
  58. Quatr liked Bernel's post in the thread /taskadd question.

Get the task with the 115 and have him add both the 90 and 120 so all three are in at the start. I think the max level difference is 30, so...

Mar 15, 2024
  59. Quatr liked Knifen's post in the thread /taskadd question.

Get the task with your lvl 90, pass task leader to someone else in gorup, swap to your 120 get a taskadd and do the event (both toons in...

Mar 15, 2024
  60. Quatr replied to the thread /taskadd question.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I wish I could do it on 115 alone, but the final fight requires either positioning or a very fast kill and...

Mar 15, 2024
  61. Quatr posted a new thread.

/taskadd question

I have a level 120 and a level 90 on the same account. I also have a level 115 on another account. I'd like to get a Shimmering Black Pearl...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Mar 15, 2024
  62. Quatr liked Zalkk - AB's post in the thread Anniversary Tower Door 3 is unlocked!.

Hi, has it been stated anywhere if the tower will disappear at some point? Or have we got this around forever now?

Mar 13, 2024
  63. Quatr liked Artanthos's post in the thread Anniversary Tower ?.

I am on Oakwynd where the current level cap is 65 Fighting the trash mobs: I was hit by Glorious Rebuke twice while pulling. Instant...

Mar 9, 2024
  64. Quatr liked EQDev-Naylie's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - New Bugs Only.

I found the issue with the miners not spawning. So hopefully it will be fixed soon. I spawned a few on test tonight and a few players were...

Mar 6, 2024
  65. Quatr liked EQDev-Naylie's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - New Bugs Only.

I found the issue with the second set not behaving. This should also be corrected soon.

Mar 6, 2024
  66. Quatr liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I wanted to explain this change in a bit more detail than is available with a one-line patch note. tl;dr This change will result in the...

Mar 5, 2024
  67. Quatr liked 666DPSweDeliver's post in the thread New Battle Leap.

You realize of course that just having a buff icon doesnt make it magically work either.

Mar 3, 2024
  68. Quatr replied to the thread Test Update 02/27/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Category: Other Date/Time: Sat Mar 02 12:57:11 2024 Character: Level 120 Monk (Main) Zone: Guild Lobby Location: 365.56, -12.62, 2.06,...

Mar 2, 2024
  69. Quatr liked fransisco's post in the thread Returning Shaman.

can i have your stuff when you go?

Feb 19, 2024
  70. Quatr liked Liin Edud (Tunare)'s post in the thread Shaman healing vs cleric.

Speaking as a 115 shaman main I can confirm that shaman make great healers through the entire group game, missions and named mobs included....

Feb 15, 2024
  71. Quatr liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Sorry, nothing for that issue yet. We're working on it. In the meanwhile, be sure to disable the AlwaysOnTop variable in eqclient.ini,...

Feb 13, 2024
  72. Quatr liked CatsPaws's post in the thread How Far Can I Get On A Silver Account Solo/Molo?.

Where are you getting this Silver account? Those are no longer obtainable unless you have an old pre 2014 account. Otherwise your account...

Feb 11, 2024
  73. Quatr liked Gnomie's post in the thread Alternate persona Monetization. Is this a joke?.

At this time, Persona's share lockouts with the main character, have to share bags, Do not share AA's, and do not share progression...

Feb 11, 2024
  74. Quatr liked Bilderov's post in the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

I've seen one called Erenshor. It bills itself as like Everquest, but every other 'player' is AI-driven. So it's a single player game that...

Feb 10, 2024
  75. Quatr liked Fanra's post in the thread New Version of EverQuest Inventory Report.

It's been six months since I posted here. The reason I haven't posted is that the program itself will now tell you if there is a new...

Feb 10, 2024
  76. Quatr liked Boro's post in the thread New Version of EverQuest Inventory Report.

Fanra, thanks a lot for contributing so much to the game. I was still using 3.1.2 until I saw this. The program really helped me over the...

Feb 10, 2024