Anniversary Tower ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Warpeace Augur

Maybe the next room will be bigger ;)
    Nennius, Svann2 and Rijacki like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

It will be interesting to see. The charm has loads of room to grow and I assume that doing the tasks each month will raise it's stats. It would make sense if it got more difficult each month.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Well, I was looking forward to the tower. Even though the first round was extremely easy I was excited.

First, the only time I was awarded coin was the first time doing the key task and mission . The second time I did this, nothing. Not much incentive to do these missions over and over.

Second, the charm. I got one for my enchanter basically to check it out. It improved on my second time doing the mission, but it's only useful in the tower. It goes to zero when you leave. Not much incentive to use when it's only good in the tower. The way the tower turned out is I won't be spending much time in it.

I might force myself to go to Blackburrow to get more Timeless Tokens but going there doesn't stoke my enthusiasm.

I wanted to like this so much.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sounds like a bug to me.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Check again. Doing the mission, you get coin on each kill stage to total 10 coins for the whole mission. You just don't get them in a reward window and they drop directly into your alternate coin.

[Fri Jan 19 21:18:47 2024] An ancient croc has been slain!
    [Fri Jan 19 21:18:47 2024] You have added 2 alternate currency and to your completion reward.
    [Fri Jan 19 21:20:49 2024] A mummified madman has been slain!
    [Fri Jan 19 21:20:49 2024] You have added 3 alternate currency and to your completion reward.
    [Fri Jan 19 21:23:49 2024] A withered memory has been slain!
    [Fri Jan 19 21:23:50 2024] You have added 5 alternate currency and to your completion reward.

If you look at your balance before entering and after finishing, you will see the coin.
    Not sure what was intended to be after the "and" with the extra space there...
  6. Riou EQResource

It's the general line for HA and assumes money and/or EXP, but they are set to 0 or missing or something
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Generic text does fit with that and thus less puzzling.
  8. error Augur

Gnomes can see through the walls of the instance in first person, at least the next 3 rooms are all similar in size to the first.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I hope so. It seems really wonky right now. I just checked it again and it's back to full level. I'm not in the tower atm.

I looked before I did the task and mission and it stayed the same. I'm going to bed and will do another when I get up and I'll check again.
  10. Gialana Augur

Also check that they haven't gone to your inventory instead of alt currency window. Or you can hit the Reclaim All button to see if your alt currency increases.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

It didnt seem to improve when I repeated mission1, but Ill check again.
  12. Crathsor New Member

Just tossing this out there if a Dev reads this. I am liking the various wall art from the expansions with-in the tower. Perhaps and I do not know the complexity of this add a right click option on the wall art.

To tell the lore of said expansion as an idea. Add a bit more to the memory lane walk through, or those players returning to the game that wish to know more.
    Fuelforfire likes this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Another thing of note about the tower, it's A LOT more difficult in the lower levels than 120+. You absolutely need a group in the 60s and 80s with common gear or it'd dicey. The mobs are scaled to be the right levels and the first 2 sets are a push-over, but the spectre is an absolute beast. I suspect the spells the spectre uses aren't scaling well and/or they're hitting with something that only gets resists later.
  14. Riou EQResource

Think the spells just don't scale at all in what it uses, it would prob be fine to just keep their damage to the part that scales (their melee)
  15. Artanthos Journeyman

I am on Oakwynd where the current level cap is 65

Fighting the trash mobs: I was hit by Glorious Rebuke twice while pulling. Instant death. No listed damage, just dead. Mob would also reset if pulled to the corner.

When pulling the specter I decided to play it safe and hit Divine Aura for the pull. About 10-15 seconds after pulling, the specter did an AoE that one-shotted the rest of the group, and did about 90% damage to itself. I hit Sanctuary and the Specter killed itself with its second AoE.

Mission successfully completed in the worst possible way.
  16. rahzel44 Journeyman

Thought and hoped this was some cool zone worth spending a fair amount of time in. Upon repeating group missions for the first time and discovering you do not get any reward beyond 10 tokens after the initial run, I realized this is Daybreak.. Was excited that combined with overseer, this might be a decent way to level up characters while accumulating some AAs along the way. Nope! Just farm a bunch of tokens for a few random weird items of questionable usefulness and maybe an aug?
  17. Riou EQResource

You get 10 currency per HA completion if you were inside for it
  18. Fistix New Member

Not after the last patch. Or did they fix it?