Maedhros's Recent Activity

1. Maedhros replied to the thread Is Pallies' Healing Light working as intended?.

Healing light works exactly like its meant to. It has a low chance to proc from stuns. It can only heal people in the group if they are...

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:03 AM
  2. Maedhros liked Angeliana's post in the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

[IMG] Norrath’s version of Earth Day. Rathe Day is dedicated to the conservation of flora and fauna all over Norrath. It’s no secret that...

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:04 PM
  3. Maedhros liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Champion's Oath/Reavers Bargin.

Personally, I assumed the "too much reward and not enough risk" was from closer to when it was introduced, as opposed to being viewed...

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:00 PM
  4. Maedhros liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Champion's Oath/Reavers Bargin.

If you're under 95% mana on a raid without 1) dying, or 2) mana drain effects, you are doing something wrong as a paladin. It is...

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:30 AM
  5. Maedhros replied to the thread Champion's Oath/Reavers Bargin.

I think whats most concerning to me is that when I saw the original post Ganzito made in 2022 I thought he was talking about a tuning up...

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:28 AM
  6. Maedhros replied to the thread In regards of the Paladin's Slay Undead AA, it must be changed..

I wouldnt want anything changed with slay undead at all. When it works its amazing. During expansions with a lot of undead its amazing to...

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:47 AM
  7. Maedhros liked Fenthen's post in the thread In regards of the Paladin's Slay Undead AA, it must be changed..

if only there more than 8 undead mobs per expansion for the past 4 years =/

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:45 AM
  8. Maedhros replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

As long as there is a 1 time limit per toon and it costs a ton of money to take your naked character off the server.

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:36 AM
  9. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The biggest let down to Champion's Oath isn't the 2 year delay. It isn't that it falls short in every way of what a current knight does in...

Apr 16, 2024
  10. Maedhros liked Zeelot's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

SKs have been asking for an upgrade for reaver's bargain for a long time, and instead of an upgrade they nerf it lol. Interesting. The...

Apr 16, 2024
  11. Maedhros liked Angeliana's post in the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

[IMG] All that glitters is not Gold. It is once again time to review what has happened, what is happening now and what is coming along...

Apr 11, 2024
  12. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I say without a moments hesitation that the negative impact to the PL sellers is absolutely worth the improved server experience for...

Apr 11, 2024
  13. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Speed limit already worked. We last got it April 7th, 4 days ago.

Apr 11, 2024
  14. Maedhros replied to the thread Guild Hall Moves.

We have endured many guild hall issues over the years that resulted in eviction crates being mailed to the owners of items. Many of them...

Mar 31, 2024
  15. Maedhros liked Fenthen's post in the thread Guild Hall Moves.

The correct answer is, when you pack up the guild hall items are returned to players. Those items that were placed by characters no longer...

Mar 31, 2024
  16. Maedhros replied to the thread Guild hall empty.

Thats happened to my guild 5 or 6 times now. Usually it has aligned with someone server transferring before deguilding that had previously...

Mar 25, 2024
  17. Maedhros replied to the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

I think the problem with all this, is that you seem to be conflating what is best defensively with what is best overall. There is no...

Mar 21, 2024
  18. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

The epic design of all those classes 20 years ago was just wildly inconsistent and has been a dramatic point of class balance for all this...

Mar 19, 2024
  19. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread [PAL] unlink timer 11 discs (Armor vs Penitence).

Boy. This didn't age well. AKA: "Soon" TM

Mar 19, 2024
  20. Maedhros replied to the thread New Loading Screen.

We need a Fadings rankings episode for those cover art pieces!

Mar 18, 2024
  21. Maedhros liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread New Loading Screen.

It looks like it's available as a poster in the Swag Store. Just added. I assume there may be additional items....

Mar 18, 2024
  22. Maedhros liked Angeliana's post in the thread New Loading Screen.

I love all them all! Thank you so much for sharing this Fanra! :D

Mar 18, 2024
  23. Maedhros replied to the thread New Loading Screen.

It was cool to see those again! thanks for that!

Mar 18, 2024
  24. Maedhros liked Fanra's post in the thread New Loading Screen.

Yes. EQ folder > Resources > loadscreen.jpg Here are some past ones: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/EverQuest_loading_screens

Mar 18, 2024
  25. Maedhros liked Svann2's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

I sense a suspension in the thread.

Mar 18, 2024
  26. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward.

I posted something similar in the test notes, it felt bugged to be one and done. Especially given that this is the year of personas.

Mar 16, 2024
  27. Maedhros liked Piemastaj's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

A few things need to change and none of it falls in the players hands. There is no reason for the servers to have different unlock times...

Mar 13, 2024
  28. Maedhros liked Beimeith's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

No

Mar 12, 2024
  29. Maedhros liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I wanted to explain this change in a bit more detail than is available with a one-line patch note. tl;dr This change will result in the...

Mar 9, 2024
  30. Maedhros replied to the thread Return of the Exiled - Cazic Thule.

Updated the original post to reflect current needs. We had a pretty bad day on T3 launch. An emote fail and a bugged instance, thats all it...

Mar 9, 2024
  31. Maedhros liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Do you even know what we're talking about? Swarm pets? huh? Are you not paying attention? You see desperate to keep changing things....

Mar 7, 2024
  32. Maedhros liked josh's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

To balance SK epic they need to make it so spa 459, 185 and crits/cripples/slays/etc don't count towards the amount healed. If there are...

Mar 7, 2024
  33. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Hmm thats impressive then. Every once in a while the RNG gods align and we get nice big juicy slays above and beyond the normal...

Mar 7, 2024
  34. Maedhros liked Lubianx's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Put yourself on Lich on Heros are Forged too. May be bouncy but at least it summons you.

Mar 6, 2024
  35. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

You also need to mention that you got a BOTF proc on one of the trash before seed spawned. This is what I did on Seed a few weeks ago...

Mar 6, 2024
  36. Maedhros liked Cadira's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

More dps in raids is always better. More healing outside of what your shaman and clerics are doing is almost entirely irrelevant.

Mar 6, 2024
  37. Maedhros liked Tuco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I main changed to a Shadow Knight two expansion ago. The amount of group contribution a shadow knight gives is crazy. Their epic...

Mar 6, 2024
  38. Maedhros liked yepmetoo's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

I think I'd like to see: 9 total raids: tier 1 - 3 raids - easy enough, unlocks 1/3 of the items on vendor tier 2 - 3 raids - easy...

Mar 5, 2024
  39. Maedhros replied to the thread Congrats Silent Redemption.

Congratulations SR!

Mar 2, 2024
  40. Maedhros liked Angeliana's post in the thread Extended Server Downtime - Antonious Bayle - 2/20/24 8pm PT (2/21/24 5am CET).

The Antonious Bayle Server will be brought offline on Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 5:00 AM CET* (Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 8:00 PM...

Feb 20, 2024
  41. Maedhros liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread News from The EverQuest Show's whirlwind trip!.

[IMG] Hello Norrathians! I just wanted to give an update about a huge trip that I'm wrapping up. I conducted interviews with Jenn Chan,...

Feb 18, 2024
  42. Maedhros replied to the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

From all this, the biggest mistake you made is going heroic agility. As a group tank, there is no comparison, heroic dex is by far...

Feb 18, 2024
  43. Maedhros liked yepmetoo's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

Main change to SK, done. Or just prepare to struggle through.

Feb 18, 2024
  44. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I think what happened, is that the Steel line was brought up many times over the years as needing a massive update, or making it an AA,...

Feb 18, 2024
  45. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Frankly I think Sancus should be directly consulted on any conceptual change to pets every single time and given a commission. The amount...

Feb 18, 2024
  46. Maedhros liked Sancus's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Pets are pretty opaque, so I wanted to give some context to what I believe to be the impetus for the changes in the patch. To be very...

Feb 18, 2024
  47. Maedhros liked Danaleigh's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I stopped using gift over a year ago. If you have a few clerics and more then 2 Shaman on a raid there is absolutely no need to twin cast...

Feb 18, 2024
  48. Maedhros liked Cadira's post in the thread Raid: Ankexfen Keep: Prisoners of Ankexfen.

Rmark boss, find the ring and aura with two mobs in it (specifically boss). Or follow the 50+ people that run to the aura and their 100+...

Feb 17, 2024
  49. Maedhros liked 666DPSweDeliver's post in the thread Raid: Ankexfen Keep: Prisoners of Ankexfen.

Guilds waste time with colors on this event? Follow the pet swarm, it's so much faster.

Feb 17, 2024
  50. Maedhros liked Act of Valor's post in the thread Talk about T3 raids upcoming.

shut up

Feb 17, 2024
  51. Maedhros liked Zaknaffein's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Then I am the laziest warrior in the game! I don't consider it a waste of time when my quality of life is made better with these kinds...

Feb 15, 2024
  52. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Nerfs are never welcomed. However, even without twinning any of this: Shaman Spiritual Shower still does 3 waves of healing. Is on a...

Feb 14, 2024
  53. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I am hoping this is the first step in improving priest balance. Personally I would have boosted clerics and druids healing performance...

Feb 14, 2024
  54. Maedhros liked Kalamos's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

In case anyone is interested, I just finished 10 minute parses on both Live and Test using the lvl 122 Mage Water pet, and there was not a...

Feb 14, 2024
  55. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Alsolutely not. No other class has the excessive group healing capability of shammys. You did not NEED twincast in groups. What in the...

Feb 14, 2024
  56. Maedhros liked fransisco's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

looks at SKs. Looks away. Looks back at Sks...

Feb 14, 2024
  57. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

it doesnt even matter. this won't effect the extreme overpower of a shaman ae healing really at all. Unless maybe you only had 1 shammy...

Feb 14, 2024
  58. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Since you have all this time to work on changes to 3 AA focus lines covering 2 knights....you have time to release Champion's Oath/Reaver's...

Feb 14, 2024
  59. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I think you missed a very important line of text. Weaker can be .000000001% weaker or it could be 50% weaker. If it isnt a...

Feb 14, 2024
  60. Maedhros liked Snotts's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Game is nearly unplayable cause of dx11 and you nerf classes. Time to reconsider my subs again..

Feb 14, 2024
  61. Maedhros liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Nerfing the preservation focus is pointless, just makes it more annoying. Adding the rejuvenating steel focus is absolutely moronic. I...

Feb 14, 2024
  62. Maedhros liked Zeelot's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

This change doesn't make much sense either. If anything these spells should last longer because it is just annoying to recast them...

Feb 14, 2024
  63. Maedhros liked alanus's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Why nerf Preservation of Marr focus? You'd only use up all of the charges if you were swarming. This just means we gotta cast it more...

Feb 14, 2024
  64. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I need you to stop listening to the vocal few who have no idea how to play their class. The cost of Extended Rejuvenating Steel Focus...

Feb 14, 2024
  65. Maedhros replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Gee another nerf to paladins. Outstanding. You know, I agree, when I look at the state of tanks, I immediately zero in, not on the SK, but...

Feb 14, 2024
  66. Maedhros liked Jumbur's post in the thread Weapon Particle Effects in First-Person.

Particle effects have a "player near clip", try to set it to "Farthest".

Feb 9, 2024
  67. Maedhros liked minimind's post in the thread Weapon Particle Effects in First-Person.

This has plagued me for years and I've refrained from using many 2-hander graphics because of it. I tested each of the options and...

Feb 9, 2024
  68. Maedhros replied to the thread Return of the Exiled - Cazic Thule.

Updated the original post to reflect current needs.' Currently our biggest needs are bards, rogues and wizards. Tanks are pretty much...

Feb 9, 2024
  69. Maedhros liked Fintank's post in the thread Confirmed the reward system.

I think we can all agree that these likes shouldn't count for Lisard's Like/Post ratio, guy is over here stacking the deck! All likes...

Feb 7, 2024
  70. Maedhros liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread What's the #1 Dragon in EQ? The Biggest Episode of The EverQuest Show yet!.

Hello Norrath! Get ready! A few weeks back I asked for your Top 10 dragons of EQ....and now it's time for our reveal! Episode 23 is ALL...

Feb 5, 2024
  71. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I have to frame my comments in such a way that it is not me asking for a nerf to SKs. Thats literally against the rules. My thought...

Feb 5, 2024
  72. Maedhros liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

The issue is saying "paladins are fine, they are just fine". Well, druids and paladins can both do damage. Hence their dps "is fine"....

Feb 5, 2024
  73. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

TBF, the feeling is mutual. I think you'd get more movement on paladin improvements if it didn't come from the 'paladins cannot do...

Feb 5, 2024
  74. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

My original response got deleted which is sad. I wish I could have only spent 100 hours over 24 years. That you dont know how much I...

Feb 5, 2024
  75. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

You frustrate me to no end. You are without a doubt one of the best paladins in the game, and you should be someone who I should be...

Feb 5, 2024
  76. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Whoa when did paladins get ae stuns?

Feb 4, 2024
  77. Maedhros liked alanus's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I don't think anyone is saying paladins are underpowered and useless, but to think they're on the same tier as SK is weapons-grade...

Feb 4, 2024
  78. Maedhros liked Allayna's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

@mmats our 3 AE aggro abilities should have focus lines reducing them to 45s reuse imho. I'd also love at least 1 spell targeted AE stun...

Feb 4, 2024
  79. Maedhros replied to the thread Boost a 100 Paladin - Is it worth it?.

Are we talking about a high end experienced paladin, or someone who has never played one before? Because these are years or decades of...

Jan 29, 2024
  80. Maedhros replied to the thread Boost a 100 Paladin - Is it worth it?.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions that people have about paladins; that we are out here performing group healing roles. If you...

Jan 28, 2024
  81. Maedhros liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread What are the Top 10 Dragons in EverQuest?.

*Disclaimer that I haven't yet played past level 110 content 1. Kerafyrm/The Sleeper - no dragon in EQ history is as legendary, this is...

Jan 23, 2024
  82. Maedhros liked Fading Illusion's post in the thread What are the Top 10 Dragons in EverQuest?.

Hello all! Fading here from the EverQuest Show! The upcoming episode is ALL about dragons in EQ! (And yes, there will be a separate EQ2...

Jan 23, 2024
  83. Maedhros liked Cicelee's post in the thread What do melee want as the end result?.

We all agree casters are ahead of melee. We all agree melee need buffs/improvements. I am curious what do melee want to have happen after...

Jan 22, 2024
  84. Maedhros replied to the thread Boost a 100 Paladin - Is it worth it?.

My advice would be to put a SK persona on the beastlord account and to massively profit. I've personally created a SK persona on my paladin...

Jan 22, 2024
  85. Maedhros liked Febb's post in the thread EQ is dark now.

Try searching in your windows task bar search for display calibration, raise your gamma up a little bit to where it's not going to bother...

Jan 21, 2024
  86. Maedhros replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I try hard but it doesnt matter. They even nerfed paladins in November. Your thoughts about the epics will absolutely fall on deaf...

Jan 17, 2024
  87. Maedhros replied to the thread QA In Progress Paladin Blessing of the faithful duration.

Spell Casting Reinforcement AA modifies beneficial spells by 100%. Same thing that causes SK MC to get extended beyond base amount.

Jan 15, 2024
  88. Maedhros liked Cadira's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I just think 2 hand stance buff should negate leech effects. And maaaaaaaaybe dual wield stance. You shouldn't tank better with a 2h...

Jan 14, 2024
  89. Maedhros posted a new thread.

QA In Progress Paladin Blessing of the faithful duration

It appears as though on November 15th this ability got reduced in duration severely but I don't see any mention of it in patch notes. For...

Forum: Bug Reports

Jan 14, 2024
  90. Maedhros replied to the thread Can SK tank LI at 115?.

Yes of course they can. LI is really easy and SK is by far the most powerful class. My SK persona was able to tank with epic anyways at...

Jan 13, 2024
  91. Maedhros replied to the thread Alternate Personas could be great if....

other than the issues with special tab AA that hopefully will eventually be fixed, the number 1 biggest problem is simply the exp rate and...

Jan 11, 2024
  92. Maedhros liked Lisard's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Jan 8, 2024
  93. Maedhros liked Lisard's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Jan 8, 2024
  94. Maedhros replied to the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

It always amuses me when somebody waxes nostalgic about how hard raids used to be. Avatar of war was the hardest raid in the game once. It...

Jan 7, 2024
  95. Maedhros liked Kalamos's post in the thread Massive overseer conversion!.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a diseased rusty spoon than do conversions anymore. I just deal with the extra lag. Worth it. (yeah...

Jan 7, 2024
  96. Maedhros replied to the thread No type 19 augs for group players this year?.

Personally I don't understand what the point is to having type 18 for group and 19 for raid if any group players can just get the type 19s...

Dec 23, 2023
  97. Maedhros liked JChan's post in the thread Further response to the Tradeskill Depot issue.

Hello EverQuest community, I want to take a moment to address some of your lingering questions on the Tradeskill Depot exploit that...

Dec 13, 2023
  98. Maedhros liked Fenthen's post in the thread Changing the look of NPCs in the guild hall.

There's a multi-year-long known bug about the first X number of NPCs you place reverting back to default versions of themselves. I posted...

Dec 12, 2023
  99. Maedhros liked Yinla's post in the thread Changing the look of NPCs in the guild hall.

Two questions with regards to changing Guild Hall NPCs 1. Is there a way to know who changed the look of NPCs? 2. If there a way to...

Dec 12, 2023
  100. Maedhros liked Svann2's post in the thread Weapon Ratios!.

I heard a rumor that to make up for it there will be a double dkp weekend near the start of next year. :)

Dec 12, 2023
  101. Maedhros liked Angeliana's post in the thread Goodbye 2023, Hello 2024!.

[IMG] Surprise! One more Producer’s Letter for 2023! As the last remnants of 2023 float by like a long-forgotten song on a breeze, I...

Dec 12, 2023
  102. Maedhros liked Szilent's post in the thread 2024, Make Paladins !.

While immeasurably more difficult to quantify, besides the direct increase to hit size hStr also raises Atk 1:1, indirectly via raising Str...

Dec 12, 2023
  103. Maedhros liked Szilent's post in the thread 2024, Make Paladins !.

Dec 12, 2023
  104. Maedhros replied to the thread 2024, Make Paladins !.

I think you aren't putting the proper emphasis on how irrelevant heroic strength or strength buffs of any kind are. If you could make a...

Dec 11, 2023
  105. Maedhros liked Myysterio's post in the thread Zek Mourns the Loss of a Legend (Armourcarr).

We've recently found Armourcarr, a long term staple of our server died back in August and as he spent 24 years on Rallos Zek and Zek...

Dec 9, 2023
  106. Maedhros liked Pestilina's post in the thread So... No one caught on EQTraders....

EQ Traders has a wonderful team and a forum for submitting corrections because they recognize they're human. Submitting the request...

Dec 7, 2023
  107. Maedhros liked Fanra's post in the thread So... No one caught on EQTraders....

You seem to have a great deal of anger toward volunteers who spend their unpaid time to provide us with useful information. Perhaps you...

Dec 7, 2023
  108. Maedhros replied to the thread A Shining Beacon of Support: GM Spoom's Outstanding Assistance in EverQuest.

Except the OP did in fact admit that they had used AI. Its like reading a really beautiful but generic Hallmark greeting card and...

Dec 7, 2023
  109. Maedhros liked Lisard's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Dec 4, 2023