Weapon Ratios!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Filter, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Filter Augur

I know I heard that devs identified there were some issues melee dmg calcs. The boosted the dmg amount on group weapons to counter the problem which helps but still missing the point I think.
    Now the weapons we got from NoS raids are very inept comparably speaking. What is being done about the previous expansions weapons or is the dkp we spent wasted? Just started raiding a month ago so only had the weapon for 2 weeks. Sorry if I missed the thread some place but I did look in this section and Melee section has a little info.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

DPG devs did not pay you any dkp nor take any dkp from you when you looted the item, that's a mechanism between you and your guild. The information about the new weapons has been publicly available for at least 7 weeks now on this forum.

I wouldn't expect them to redo the weapons from TOL/NOS anytime soon, they want players to buy the new expansion to get new weapons. Maybe next time a TLP with a raid guild gets close to NOS, who knows.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

DPG is not responsible for your dkp.

Can't you just enjoy the increase for all weapons, group and raid? It gives you something to do for 2 months (the month before raids start ... and then the month when there's only 2 raids instead of 3).
    Penn, Roxas MM, Ozon and 2 others like this.
  4. Micker99 Augur

There is another thread about this already. I beat it to death on how they should have upgraded the previous weapons also. Ridiculous that a T2 raid weapon, is junk compared to a T1 group weapon. It will affect the chase items for people also, as the weapons will be worthless. There shouldn't be a massive jump at 121 for melee like that. I have to still assume they are going to go back and upgrade those previous weapons. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
  5. Micker99 Augur

Problem is, that on a server like FV, you can sell/trade your weapons in the bazaar and upgrade or hand them down to your alts. Now who is going to want a T2 NoS raid weapon, that is level 120 lol? I'm very glad they increased the new weapons, but to totally make all previous weapons obsolete, was a bad idea.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I heard a rumor that to make up for it there will be a double dkp weekend near the start of next year.
    :)
    Szilent, Roxas MM, Maedhros and 9 others like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why is this a problem? Yes it would be nice if they did this retroactively but as you said about dkp, Daybreak is not responsible to maintain the value of an item for handing down to someone else or selling in the bazaar.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. fransisco Augur

So much entitlement in here.
    Groupers have better weapons than your raid weapons! How horrible!
    DB should have put less time into the expansion to make sure that your old gear still makes you feel superior....
    Flatchy likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I am pretty sure when 98-100% of the active playerbase on all Live servers have purchased the expansion, there will be some retro changes for TLP servers. Until then, there is money to be made in expansion sales!
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They only fix things by adding a new expansion. They rarely ever do a wholistic fix.
    Kaenneth and Velisaris_MS like this.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

Fortunately, the rest of our gear still does! Upgrading the old raid weapons would have been a wonderful service to our beloved group content counter parts, since we could have passed on these wonderful weapons to you much earlier, rather than going out and getting them for ourselves while we wait for the next set of raids to launch.
  12. fransisco Augur

errm... what? Raid gear is no drop.
    Do you mean on 1 server - fv? Where you can kindly provide the charity of selling your old useless gear for the most plat/krono possible? Very generous of you...

However we are getting to the truth here. You're whining because no one will pay you krono for your old weapons anymore. Obviously a dev oversight which must be fixed!
  13. Zarkdon Augur

I thought that was fairly clear, but let me try again. The new group weapons are better than the NoS raid weapons. Normally in an expansion raiders dont have to mess with camping named for gear, we just live without our old gear, and call out rots to people that dont have raid gear.

This expansion, because they didnt upgrade the NoS weapons to be better than the group content weapon drops raiders will be taking them instead of calling out rots, removing their availability to group players.

Also, I do not play on FV.
    Micker99 and Velisaris_MS like this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

When they DO implement whole game changes/fixes off expansion, we get things like the body type change mess...which some of the awful changes still haven't been addressed in certain zones.
    Silvena likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But that doesn't mean it is the end of the world and in the end melee will be better off with the new improved weapons in LS.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. Zarkdon Augur

Correct.
  17. Micker99 Augur

Of course we will be better off. I was saying that the slope of DPS for melee goes up like a rocket at 121. They made weapons before LS, group and raid, obsolete really. Don't you think it would have been better for the classes, to have had a lesser jump up?

I'm not worried about krono or pp, I have as much as I could ever spend in this game, don't really need it. I did like being able to use my previous weapons, for my alts and enjoy my Raid weapon, till I could replace it with the new one. I know you understand the issue. Obviously, people who don't have access to raid weapons(not a raider or on FV), are excited. Doesn't matter, I'll get replacement weapons soon, but what a waste to have to throw out the old raid weapons. It has never happened, in the history of EQ, where group weapons came even close to the Raid weapons(usually 4 expansions to catch up). I think saying it was a bit of a surprise, would be in order.
  18. fransisco Augur

It is clear. The devs tried to fix the melee/caster disparity. However that fix hurts your internet points because now there are group weapon pixels with higher numbers than what you already had.

So you're upset because you cannot make a profit off of your old gear anymore. The only "acceptable" solution to fixing the melee damage disparity is to make sure it does not impact the krono profit on your old gear in any way.

Glad we cleared up that your personal feelings and profit are more important than balancing 40% of the classes in the game.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Weapons will always become obsolete and that is something you will have to deal with. Maybe at a later date they will revisit past weapons, both raid and group, and revamp the ratios on them to take advantage of the changes that allowed the massive leap in weapon ratio. Until that happens you will just have to deal with what players on non free trade servers deal with and find that older weapons are just no longer useful.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  20. Zarkdon Augur

Do you read what people write before you type a response? I don't play on FV, so I can't sell old raid gear. If I can't sell old raid gear then how can I think profit is more important than class balance? I have very little attachment to any piece of gear, as I expect to have to replace it all every expansion for all of my characters. How does increasing NoS raid damage affect class balance? Could we agree that chase items should at least be relevant, or are those somehow bad now too?

Are you going to be OK when the new raids drop? You are vested in group weapons being better than raid gear that I'm worried about you.