Massive overseer conversion!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gentsia, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Gentsia Apprentice

Don't know if this has been posted already, but SOME of us didn't realize what to do with all the extra agents once had all the agents....

Could we get a conversion option that like does .....120 at a time or some multiple of three and i don't even care if it takes like 3 hours to complete..that is better than converting them 3 at a time! I have 2759 agents....
    Iven, Barton-Vox, Veltio and 2 others like this.
  2. Bernel Augur

Along with this, there should be something to do with retired Elites once you're at max levels and agents. As it is, the Echos are useless. I'm already at max levels, so I don't need the Overseer XP rewards. I already have all the agents, so I don't need the agent rewards. Add an extra reward like currency so we can do something useful with the stacks of Echos we get from retiring Elites.
    Barton-Vox and Windance like this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

There should be a purge button available that prunes all noniconics down to 5, and all iconics down to 1. We don't really need a reward for running overseer, we already get xp, merc xp, crafting stuff, collectible containers, etc. Just need to get rid of the punishment.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You have become better at bad forum thread titles (219)!
    Shanarias and Nennius like this.
  6. Iuwene Augur

I currently handle this problem by starting a conversion as soon as I have 3 (2 for iconic) of 3 agents. If I wouldn't do it they would pile up and at some time I would be busy converting them for hours. #

It is a completely pointless timesink once you have all agents and quests maxed.
  7. fransisco Augur

Or at least let conversions be instant. Waiting 10 seconds plus until the next tick for the mission to end is stupid. Just let conversions be immediate.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

They also need to autoclaim so you don't have to switch tabs back and forth, if manual conversions are gonna continue be the way DPG chooses to disgust customers going forward.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

The echos can server transfer with you to boost the next server you play on. Food for thought if ever you were considering!

...that's pretty much all I've got. Would be cool if they could go into your /claim window though to grab them on the next server / TLP you start up on when you get to level 85+.
    minimind and Sissruukk like this.
  10. Kalamos Augur

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a diseased rusty spoon than do conversions anymore. I just deal with the extra lag. Worth it.

(yeah mass conversions would be great)
    Maedhros, Moege and Velisaris_MS like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, the lag for me is only like 2 or 3 seconds and I haven't done conversions in months. I've never experienced the kind of lag a lot people seem to have. If conversions ever took more than 10 seconds, I would just sync my computer's clock and it's all good.
  12. fransisco Augur

didnt they make a fix for the lag a couple months ago?
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Would be reasonable to be able to choose currency.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

I completely ignore the issue and hope the load on the servers will help Darkpaw realize that this problem is worth fixing.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, at least there's one use for them. Thanks for the info, I never thought of this use of echos.

Too bad I've never done a server transfer, but at least someone might get a use out of them.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Are you all doing Overseer every day 1-3 times a day to get hundreds of the same hero?!?!?

I personally use it at the start of an expansion to level up characters (like now for both alts), and in the summer/fall to plan ahead for how many collection tokens I need to finish up collections on the main.

Otherwise, I ignore overseer. I don't do it every time I log on. And after redeeming the five quests I am converting so that I only have to do it every now and then. So it surprises me to hear of people with that many duplicates...
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

The problem is that there is literally no way at all to stop gaining agents...you automatically get more on a critical success. Even if you only do it once a day, you're still going to end up getting at least half a dozen new agents that absolutely no one needs.

Either giving us the option to turn off the agent rewards or making the reward an agent pack instead would help this problem tremendously.

As far as why people are doing Overseer all the time:
    - Collectible dispensers (for both mains and alts)
    - Tradeskill materials for stat food
    - XP on alts during bonus periods
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Kalamos Augur

Overseer currency does have some value as well. Rez tokens, unattuners and crystallized luck for example. I still run Overseer quests on all my accounts once or twice a day when I can for various things.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Gentsia Apprentice

I've been told that more agents you have, the greater the lag...so converting them to the echos would reduce overseer lag (when doing for levels or alts on same account)
  20. Petalonyx Augur

Freeze and wait 5-10 seconds each time I populate agents, start quests, finish quests, and claim rewards.

Yes pls to mass convert. I don't want to sit there for 4-8 hours clicking convert (and waiting 10s PLUS 20--40s) for each convert. That turns my limited play time into work.