Jedis's Recent Activity

1. Jedis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Fixed Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Internal good news to share: Typical NPC spawn performance has been improved by about 10x and its contribution to per-frame spikes has been...

Mar 18, 2024
  2. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed Internally Are there supposed to be lvl 95 skels in Gfay on Agnarr?.

This should be fixed now. The highest there this morning was level 75, with plenty of level 65. Which is on par with the other tasks from...

Mar 15, 2024
  3. Jedis replied to the thread Universal Chat crash within minutes of logging in and/or zoning issue fix?.

Not saying this is your issue, but your ISP can be the cause, too. When I play on my T-Mobile or AT&T hotspot connection, UCS frequently...

Mar 7, 2024
  4. Jedis posted a new thread.

LoN pack prizes from market missing attached spell effects

Noticed this since the last patch. A number of LoN loot items from the marketplace purchased packs are missing their click effect to...

Forum: Bug Reports

Mar 7, 2024
  5. Jedis replied to the thread We’re March-ing right along!.

The helm and ornament are both heirloom.

Mar 5, 2024
  6. Jedis replied to the thread We’re March-ing right along!.

Time to upgrade that computer. Of course they are going to give away free items that may also require an additional purchase. Those...

Mar 5, 2024
  7. Jedis liked Leorium's post in the thread Cross Zone Guild Invite Request.

Any chance we can get guild invites to be cross zone please? It's always such a hassle at TLP launches, and it would be a huge QoL change.

Mar 4, 2024
  8. Jedis liked Sarph's post in the thread QoL: Ability to turn off experience gain.

With the amount of content EverQuest has, I feel it would be a huge quality of life addition to be able to toggle off experience gain. The...

Feb 28, 2024
  9. Jedis replied to the thread /hidecampfire command please.

Thanks, I'll give that a try to see if it helps. Would love to see the campfires fixed or given an option to hide them instead of...

Feb 28, 2024
  10. Jedis posted a new thread.

/hidecampfire command please

The campfire graphic is making my integrated gpu nucs fan go hard if a campfire is visible on the screen. As soon as I look away from it,...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Feb 27, 2024
  11. Jedis replied to the thread ancient eqclient.ini lines.

As you start to customize and change things from the default, it adds new entries. Many of the default settings do not generate an INI...

Feb 27, 2024
  12. Jedis replied to the thread Resetting my EQCLIENT.INI file for today's patch!.

There is only so many hardware configurations that can be tested internally and on Test server. And as you mention, most players are...

Feb 21, 2024
  13. Jedis replied to the thread Unable to collect anni drops in Nafaga lair.

Click on where the center of the glowy thing should be and it will work every time.

Feb 17, 2024
  14. Jedis liked SteamFox's post in the thread The Tides of Time is in Odus.

When auto joining chat channels you will be in the Antonica channel when you are in North Ro, but when you then zone into the Tides of Time...

Feb 15, 2024
  15. Jedis liked Hemick's post in the thread Erollisi Day not active on Oakwynd.

Per the Erollisi Day announcement, it says: ** Your server must have unlocked at least Planes of Power to participate. Oakwynd has...

Feb 15, 2024
  16. Jedis replied to the thread Erollisi Day not active on Oakwynd.

Agnarr didn't get it either, other than a subset of the Erollisi Day marketplace items.

Feb 15, 2024
  17. Jedis liked NuffanTuit's post in the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

Locks are for people who never want to see defiant armor...

Feb 15, 2024
  18. Jedis replied to the thread Random disconnects DisconnectReasonUnreachableConnection, connection lost during authentication.

I switched the character to a different connection and the disconnects went away. Something to do with the Verizon 5G home internet cube.

Feb 15, 2024
  19. Jedis replied to the thread Celebratory Opal Stein Ornament - flag as Placeable.

Good enough I suppose.

Feb 15, 2024
  20. Jedis posted a new thread.

Celebratory Opal Stein Ornament - flag as Placeable

Could we get the Celebratory Opal Stein Ornament flagged as Placeable? It would be neat to display them on the various counters/tables in...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Feb 15, 2024
  21. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

Amen.

Feb 11, 2024
  22. Jedis liked Myysterio's post in the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

can tell people who dont know how computers work..... OMG HOW COULD THEY DO THIS BREAKING THINGS!!?!?1 you have to upgrade systems or...

Feb 11, 2024
  23. Jedis replied to the thread Tis the season of love!.

I am not seeing these quest NPCs on Agnarr in either PoK or Halas. We've never had them before, so they weren't expected, but the note...

Feb 9, 2024
  24. Jedis replied to the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

Which is what most of the EQ demographic is rapidly approaching, if not already there.

Feb 9, 2024
  25. Jedis posted a new thread.

Random disconnects DisconnectReasonUnreachableConnection, connection lost during authentication

Hello, I moved recently and my Verizon 5G Home internet connection will randomly drop/reconnect several times per day. The odd thing is,...

Forum: Player Support

Feb 8, 2024
  26. Jedis liked Flexin's post in the thread Valdanov Zevfeer INVULNERABLE - Tenebrous Mtns..

Maybe a bug maybe not but wanted to make a post with my recent findings. All guides for the Loyalist Shield of Honor state that Valdanov is...

Feb 8, 2024
  27. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

The issue with modern rigs not performing as good as older computers is odd. It's been stated that EQ doesn't really stress or use the...

Feb 8, 2024
  28. Jedis liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

It wasn't really a fast push. DX11 has been on Test since for quite some time. Maybe the issue is Darkpaw's current staff lacking...

Feb 8, 2024
  29. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

You know, you have options. Upgrade your computer. This has been a year coming, where they said the minimum system requirements were...

Feb 8, 2024
  30. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

No one is reverting anything. If it was on the table, it would have been immediately afterward, which it wasn't. If anything, more...

Feb 6, 2024
  31. Jedis liked Ferledon's post in the thread Agnarr locked to OOW.

I’ve been here for two years, and I’m content with the content available to me. If they want to do a Don locked server, good! But for...

Feb 5, 2024
  32. Jedis replied to the thread EQ "Terror Zones" on TLPs.

This is basically a glorified hot zone. I don't doubt it would be interesting, but itemization would be an issue. Look at the...

Feb 5, 2024
  33. Jedis liked Donroy's post in the thread Old crate pets.

I know it’s been brought up before by others (and me), but rather than necro I just figured another try.. can we please consider retconning...

Feb 5, 2024
  34. Jedis liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Remove Truebox from Agnarr?.

Did you try buying a computer from within the last decade?

Feb 5, 2024
  35. Jedis replied to the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

Bazaar, guild lobby, housing, and fellowships would be nice QoL items to start a server with. Lobby / housing can be accessed via a new NPC...

Feb 5, 2024
  36. Jedis liked Bewts's post in the thread Bazaar from Day 1.

We had like a decade+ of nostalgia from making those classic runs on TLP. Perhaps its time to flip the script a bit on QoL items like...

Feb 5, 2024
  37. Jedis replied to the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

I don't think that's a fair comparison either. Live is bolstered by the F2P population. Agnarr is a paid server being TLP. If you...

Feb 5, 2024
  38. Jedis replied to the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

That's because there was one active guild with a couple dozen people playing on Coirnav. The server was a ghost town. Agnarr is into...

Feb 5, 2024
  39. Jedis posted a new thread.

Haela Hugglebun in Misty Thicket

Haela Hugglebun is spawning in Misty Thicket on Agnarr. Shouldn't be around until RoF expansion according to the quests she is part of.

Feb 4, 2024
  40. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed Internally new chat filters not creatiing or saving new options in eqclient..

Thanks for the list. Checking my eqclient.ini, I still have "OtherHits=0", but it seems that setting is now ignored with the filter...

Feb 4, 2024
  41. Jedis liked Vorplax's post in the thread Fixed Internally new chat filters not creatiing or saving new options in eqclient..

These seven are what do not save correctly 1. Heals (Other Critical Heals) change to - Hide 2. Heals (Others) change to - Hide 3. Heals...

Feb 4, 2024
  42. Jedis liked Zilendar's post in the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

My main gaming system is a 7950X3D + 64GB RAM + 4090. It's a workhorse and I can push the latest games at or near max quality settings...

Feb 2, 2024
  43. Jedis liked Bernel's post in the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

I have an old system, and the recent hotfix improved the situation to the point it runs like it did on DX9. Everything is pretty smooth...

Feb 2, 2024
  44. Jedis replied to the thread I just want to thank DarkPaw..

Agreed. Thank you!

Feb 2, 2024
  45. Jedis liked Herf's post in the thread I just want to thank DarkPaw..

The Anniversary Tower in NRO, and the monthly collection quests, available on TLPs and being able to be done by lower lvl toons than max...

Feb 2, 2024
  46. Jedis liked Leebra's post in the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

I had copied memory.ini and changed the name to Memory512.ini, but I saved it in the same place as memory.ini. I tried to follow...

Feb 2, 2024
  47. Jedis liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

If you made a copy of Resources\Memory.ini and you added MemoryIni to your eqclient.ini file, then your changes should persist through...

Feb 1, 2024
  48. Jedis liked Defenestrated Vase's post in the thread Why have another No Ro port?.

I hear ye, but as a TLP player I welcome the Nro Port that brings me just to the Tides Tower entrance.

Feb 1, 2024
  49. Jedis liked Myysterio's post in the thread Fixed Internally Northern Desert Outlook Device not flagged as Teleport item.

Small oversight. Northern Desert Outlook Device is a teleport item which cant go on the teleport keychain. Guess thats what you get for...

Feb 1, 2024
  50. Jedis liked Bewts's post in the thread A Parser's Request: Agnarr Arena Training Dummies.

As Agnarr is PoP-locked, we do not have access to guild halls or training dummies in the Arena because those do not arrive until later...

Jan 30, 2024
  51. Jedis replied to the thread Lynea the pet collector in commonlands.

I'd like to see this done, too. No one uses her because the cost is so out of whack.

Jan 28, 2024
  52. Jedis liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - New Bugs Only.

This is mostly correct, however I'll share some specifics found while looking into the behavior. Pets have all the same slots as...

Jan 26, 2024
  53. Jedis replied to the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

I'm on an Intel Mac, so there's a difference there. I can't get the EULA / server select to load. Patcher works fine.

Jan 25, 2024
  54. Jedis replied to the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

I had EQ working via CrossOver on my Mac during the summer. Tried tonight and eqgame.exe starts, but it just hangs on a black screen before...

Jan 24, 2024
  55. Jedis liked ttobey's post in the thread A request for mounts.

OK Mount movement- I've pretty much done all I can, it's now in codes hands to get the camera working correctly. It's a universal issue on...

Jan 24, 2024
  56. Jedis replied to the thread Duplicate Not sure what is happening.. Ornament graphic bug..

If dynamic lighting is on and there are other light sources around you, it will change how the armor/ornaments look. Confirm your current...

Jan 24, 2024
  57. Jedis replied to the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

Thanks for your opinion. Move along now.

Jan 22, 2024
  58. Jedis replied to the thread A request for mounts.

The Roboboar / Argent Clockwork Boar Saddle is very bouncy when riding. Especially bad on a Gnome. The screen shakes up and down a lot....

Jan 22, 2024
  59. Jedis replied to the thread Oasis of Sand replay timer not allowing replay.

I had to go digging, too. It's /tasktimers

Jan 20, 2024
  60. Jedis replied to the thread **FIXES** For Post DX11 Lag, Black shaders, too dark gameplay.

Might be worth noting to backup UI settings, as opening EQ in a very low resolution may cause issues when one camps out and it saves...

Jan 20, 2024
  61. Jedis replied to the thread Oasis of Sand replay timer not allowing replay.

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense with the way it's set up. Just use the replay timer like you said. The request timer isn't really...

Jan 20, 2024
  62. Jedis replied to the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

We had Banestrike on Agnarr when it was implemented in its original form. Saying that it was never intended is a moot point. Agnarr is...

Jan 20, 2024
  63. Jedis replied to the thread Oasis of Sand replay timer not allowing replay.

Not having a lot of recent experience with these type of missions, logically speaking, it seems like the replay timer should allow people...

Jan 20, 2024
  64. Jedis liked Rijacki's post in the thread Oasis of Sand replay timer not allowing replay.

Log snippets of the appropriate: [Wed Jan 17 18:00:07 2024] You have received a replay timer for 'Oasis of Sand': 0d:0h:30m remaining. .....

Jan 20, 2024
  65. Jedis liked SteamFox's post in the thread Oasis of Sand request/replay timer.

The Oasis of Sand January Year of Dark Paw Heroic Adventure gives a 1 hour request timer when requesting and then a 30 minutes replay timer...

Jan 20, 2024
  66. Jedis replied to the thread Timeless Tokens: No bonus tokens given with perks subscribed.

I think you're replying to the wrong person. I was telling them what coin the website was referring to.

Jan 19, 2024
  67. Jedis replied to the thread Timeless Tokens: No bonus tokens given with perks subscribed.

> Rake in 10% more coin from your kills Platinum, gold, silver, and copper.

Jan 19, 2024
  68. Jedis replied to the thread Broken Key of Sand Group Bugs.

Right, but the task was updating for all earlier on in the day and then stopped. Have a feeling a hotfix inadvertently messed that up.

Jan 19, 2024
  69. Jedis replied to the thread Broken Key of Sand Group Bugs.

There appears to be an issue where the DZ shuts down, but leaves you in the task if you take too long to get back in after wiping. Everyone...

Jan 19, 2024
  70. Jedis replied to the thread Broken Key of Sand Group Bugs.

It started bugging out where only one person would get the credit for looting the key off of the oracle, even when everyone was in range...

Jan 19, 2024
  71. Jedis replied to the thread Timeless Tokens: No bonus tokens given with perks subscribed.

The perk says a bonus towards modern raids. I wouldn't expect these group tasks to give a bonus. The more challenging events, sure.

Jan 19, 2024
  72. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed Internally Tides of Time Spell Scaling Incorrectly.

Definitely doesn't have anything to do with entering combat. Had all 6 enter combat by using melee. Just tried again and we were still...

Jan 18, 2024
  73. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed Internally Tides of Time Spell Scaling Incorrectly.

He also casts another spell on the 4th run called Spear of Grelleth. [IMG]

Jan 18, 2024
  74. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed Internally Tides of Time Spell Scaling Incorrectly.

This event is horribly broken and needs a hotfix - the spells aren't scaling down for TLPs. Insta death AOE every attempt. It goes off at...

Jan 18, 2024
  75. Jedis liked Bewts's post in the thread Fixed Internally Tides of Time Spell Scaling Incorrectly.

After completing the Key to "Level 1" and entering the Tides of Time instance, my Level 65 group encountered 4 blue con skeletons and a...

Jan 18, 2024
  76. Jedis liked Drencrom's post in the thread Confirmed Inventory Screen Off-Kilter with Mouse.

No 3rd party programs. It turned out to be (gasp) the new UI. Turning the scale back down to 1.0 fixed it, for now. But scaling was...

Jan 18, 2024
  77. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed Pixel Shader 2.0 setting ignored with DX11.

Per Rarshaak's suggestion on Discord, typing "/dynamic" to turn off dynamic lighting, camping out and back in, along with changing Enhanced...

Jan 18, 2024
  78. Jedis liked Sturmlocke's post in the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

[IMG] EQ1 DX11 on Linux Ok, I just gave it a whirl myself too, and just posted my feedback here, but I'll copy and paste into this thread...

Jan 18, 2024
  79. Jedis replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Thank you. It's always refreshing to see members of the team go the extra mile by combing through the catacombs/archives of files long...

Jan 18, 2024
  80. Jedis replied to the thread Confirmed Inventory Screen Off-Kilter with Mouse.

Try disabling third party programs that will not be named and see if it resolves your issue. Most of these odd-ball issues are related to...

Jan 17, 2024
  81. Jedis replied to the thread Info Needed Game no longer works in 4k.

The game never properly worked in 4k with DX9. Things were stretched horribly unless you used a viewport, defeating the purpose, and...

Jan 17, 2024
  82. Jedis replied to the thread Fixed Pixel Shader 2.0 setting ignored with DX11.

Shader 2.0 setting set to on or off is showing like this at character select. Plate and chain look the worst. Leather and cloth are okay....

Jan 17, 2024
  83. Jedis posted a new thread.

Fixed Pixel Shader 2.0 setting ignored with DX11

Hello, The Pixel Shader 2.0 display setting now seems to be ignored with DX11. Previously, flipping it on and off, the light reflecting...

Jan 17, 2024
  84. Jedis replied to the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

Kudos to the team for pulling this one off. DX8 was introduced with Luclin back in 2001. Looks like 9.0c landed in 2005 may have been the...

Jan 17, 2024
  85. Jedis liked ttobey's post in the thread A request for mounts.

So that file was done in max, which makes it problematic. Not impossible, but adds a few steps of pain in the butt to the process. So not a...

Jan 17, 2024
  86. Jedis replied to the thread A request for mounts.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=138677

Jan 17, 2024
  87. Jedis replied to the thread A request for mounts.

It would be helpful if you guys gave specific item names so that he can summon them in game and test.

Jan 16, 2024
  88. Jedis replied to the thread A request for mounts.

Regal Tree Squirrel Saddle shakes the screen when riding in first person view. Quite a lot, actually.

Jan 16, 2024
  89. Jedis replied to the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

That makes sense. I guess there's four options that I can see: Flag all of the above listed achievements as optional. Ability to...

Jan 16, 2024
  90. Jedis liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

I have only one comment listed at the end, on the rest of this post at this time, other than we will consider changes. As fro the...

Jan 16, 2024
  91. Jedis replied to the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

Incorrect outlook. If you take a look at the achievements, you will see a number of the slayers are optional, precisely for this issue....

Jan 16, 2024
  92. Jedis posted a new thread.

Unobtainable achievements on TLPs

Please flag the following Slayer achievements as optional (much like the other optional achievements) so that Banestrike ability can be...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Jan 15, 2024
  93. Jedis liked Uolian's post in the thread Raid Achievements not being awarded during zoning.

I jusy completed Return of Kanghammer tonight and was awarded all three achievemnts for the Vanquisher. I then zoned into DZ, the rest of...

Jan 14, 2024
  94. Jedis replied to the thread Raid Achievements not being awarded during zoning.

This has been a long standing bug for years. It's common knowledge that if you're interested in getting an achievement, you don't risk...

Jan 14, 2024
  95. Jedis posted a new thread.

Out of era NPCs in PoK

PoP out of era NPCs. These should be tied to the following expansions: a mysterious presence - Underfoot Ms. Hegla - Claws of Veeshan...

Jan 14, 2024
  96. Jedis posted a new thread.

Trying to camp out immediately after summoning a mount doesn't work

If you summon a mount and try to camp out immediately afterward (via a hotkey), it does not start the camp process. If you hit the hotkey...

Jan 11, 2024
  97. Jedis liked fransisco's post in the thread High Five to the Dev Team!.

Holy cow, pet inventory is on test?!!! I'm not even playing my mage right now and I'm still exstatic about the idea. Thank you soo much...

Jan 10, 2024
  98. Jedis posted a new thread.

Consider (light blue) classified as "Misc"

It seems the "Other" chat filter for /consider light blue doesn't exist, so those go to a different chat window that is classified under...

Jan 9, 2024
  99. Jedis replied to the thread Extra-Life Incentives for 2023.

Time of delivery of the codes was never guaranteed, so you've set your expectations too high.

Jan 6, 2024
  100. Jedis replied to the thread Extra-Life Incentives for 2023.

Got my donation in today, under the wire. At this point, they might as well wait until January and send the rest of them out.

Dec 15, 2023
  101. Jedis liked Bernel's post in the thread Test Update 11/07/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Whoo! I switch between characters a lot and this will be a nice change.

Nov 7, 2023
  102. Jedis replied to the thread Random disconnects on computer - lost session.

Thanks. I re-ran the validate with nothing updated. All updates are installed. No driver updates either - checked manufacterer website,...

Nov 5, 2023
  103. Jedis liked Riou's post in the thread The Champion’s Festival has arrived!.

PoP is not active to complete one of the quests

Nov 5, 2023
  104. Jedis posted a new thread.

Random disconnects on computer - lost session

One of my computers randomly gets disconnected. The screen will go black and boot to the server select. If I try to re-enter, it says I...

Forum: Player Support

Nov 4, 2023