Random disconnects on computer - lost session

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jedis, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Jedis Arch Mage

One of my computers randomly gets disconnected. The screen will go black and boot to the server select. If I try to re-enter, it says I have a character active and asks if I want to remove. If I click yes, it sits there, then after some time, says it's lost the session and I need to login again. If I login again, I am immediately able to return to the character select.

Here's the info from dbg.txt:
    It randomly happens while playing or while standing there doing nothing on that computer.

Any ideas? My internet connection remains active the entire time.

2. Wulfhere Augur

Trying running the launcher to patch the client. Also click to validate game assets under advanced tools.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

Appears network related. Your IP connection is dropping from the point of view of the DBG login server. Since you said, "One of my computers..." we could assume your ISP is fine and not blocking packets.

Things to try would include:

Windows updates.
    Driver updates. (Specifically network adapters!)
    Network reset.
    Wi-Fi adjustments (Disable all "Green" related settings!)
  4. Jedis Arch Mage

Thanks. I re-ran the validate with nothing updated.

All updates are installed. No driver updates either - checked manufacterer website, too.
    WiFi is disabled and connected to ethernet.
    I will try a network reset.
  5. Astley Augur

Random thought... but if you have multiple computers connected via the ethernet and only one of them is affected...

Try hotswapping the ethernet ports those computers are connected to. If the computer that is regularly disconnecting changes - then it might be the port went bad somehow.

If the computer disconnects do not change - then try swapping the ethernet cable from the disconnecting computer with one of the working computers. If that causes a problem, then you might have a fault in your ethernet cable itself.
    Metanis likes this.