Bobokin's Recent Activity

1. Bobokin replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

You aren't allowed 15. That's why I said 14. 11 are free. 3 are from the DBstore. I get the looting part, but most people doing...

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:12 PM
  2. Bobokin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

You did that ridiculously easy without boxing? Just a casual molo character?

Apr 17, 2024
  3. Bobokin replied to the thread Bonus EXP Stomples weekend?.

There is no Easter in Everquest. I want that Stomples Day 20% bonus!

Apr 17, 2024
  4. Bobokin replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

This isn't Santa's workshop; the devs aren't actually doing coding during the patch. Yes, there were sometimes glitches in the middle...

Apr 17, 2024
  5. Bobokin replied to the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

I don't think all ornaments should be for all classes, but many of them should. Rangers in leather mixed with little chain and plate, or...

Apr 17, 2024
  6. Bobokin liked Rijacki's post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

I was away from EQ when Hero's Forge was first added, but I was playing EQ2 when the armor appearance tab was added. I suspect there...

Apr 17, 2024
  7. Bobokin liked Svann2's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

[media]

Apr 17, 2024
  8. Bobokin replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

All advanced technology looks like magic to the uninitiated. If it looks like magic and acts like magic ...

Apr 17, 2024
  9. Bobokin liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

No way does any Ops team have this much energy. :cool:

Apr 17, 2024
  10. Bobokin replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Wouldn't it make sense to shut down and patch at night like in the old days?

Apr 17, 2024
  11. Bobokin replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

A player is allowed 14 characters on each account on each server. Is that really a problem? If this is just a cheat to allow...

Apr 17, 2024
  12. Bobokin replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

This may be controversial, but, in my opinion, personas should have stuck with gender and race of the original character. Gork, the male...

Apr 16, 2024
  13. Bobokin liked Eaedyilye's post in the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

I looked at the persona tab once, does that count for anything?

Apr 16, 2024
  14. Bobokin replied to the thread 4 months after release, what's your highest persona?.

Personas are pretty much a wasted effort. How many checklist items, that have to be done to make Everquest a better game, are being...

Apr 16, 2024
  15. Bobokin liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

I am once again asking for The sword of truth ornament from the house of thule pack in to be made 2 hander useable. It's original...

Apr 16, 2024
  16. Bobokin replied to the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

Daybreak did a keyring for armor, and they messed it up. Why would anyone believe they would get a weapons wardrobe right?

Apr 16, 2024
  17. Bobokin liked Sam Hyde's post in the thread Imagine this. . . ..

Sweet Vermouth On The Rocks With a Twist

Apr 15, 2024
  18. Bobokin replied to the thread Imagine this. . . ..

I guess you saw a blackhawk down? No peace in that.

Apr 15, 2024
  19. Bobokin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Everquest caters to boxing now, so an Unreal Engine game would not be used by the majority of the current player base.

Apr 13, 2024
  20. Bobokin replied to the thread Imagine this. . . ..

I only make a toast to world peace on Groundhog Day.

Apr 13, 2024
  21. Bobokin replied to the thread Imagine this. . . ..

"You can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Apr 13, 2024
  22. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

That advert nowadays would have the tagline... "He's not even allowed to grind!"

Apr 13, 2024
  23. Bobokin liked Andarriel's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Its definately not good looking girls lol

Apr 13, 2024
  24. Bobokin liked Brickhaus's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

If you're going to make a crack, at least get it right. Kevin Cosner was in No Way Out. Maybe you meant No Escape ... which did...

Apr 13, 2024
  25. Bobokin replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

No Way Out was a great thriller with Kevin Costner, Gene Hackman, and Sean Young. If Daybreak did it, we'd get the crappy 2022 film...

Apr 13, 2024
  26. Bobokin liked Bobbybick's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

You know those bins of $1 DVDs at the supermarket or walmart? An EQ movie wouldn't even make it there, it would be in the landfill with the...

Apr 13, 2024
  27. Bobokin replied to the thread Guild Hall Moves.

I'm just glad the devs have done all the research and have given us a definitive answer on this after similar questions have been asked...

Apr 13, 2024
  28. Bobokin liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

I think any spell that is sold by a vendor should be made lore because there is no reason to really need more than 1 of them. All the...

Apr 13, 2024
  29. Bobokin liked Rijacki's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

Some also buy spells/songs/tomes for their next level(s) if they're going to be going out to a remote spot and/or are close to a ding.

Apr 13, 2024
  30. Bobokin liked KarmaKitty's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

It prevents you from passing spells on to others, that would be just horrid. As a bonus, you are free to make a mistake and eat it. I...

Apr 13, 2024
  31. Bobokin replied to the thread Guild Hall Moves.

I may have to test this with a dummy guild. Did all the items fit into one crate?

Apr 10, 2024
  32. Bobokin replied to the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

Do non-level expacs really have many NEW spells? Even the spell runes often give the same spells. That is likely the answer. It...

Apr 10, 2024
  33. Bobokin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

That sucked for casual players. If the cost for T1 combines was 2kp each, and T2 was 5kp each, we would have to discuss it. As it...

Apr 10, 2024
  34. Bobokin liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I would be careful for what you ask for, how many times have players complained about something not being what they want and the devs...

Apr 10, 2024
  35. Bobokin replied to the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

If they don't own the expansion, why does it matter? If you can't get to level 125, what good are level 121-125 spells? If that is the...

Apr 10, 2024
  36. Bobokin replied to the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

The game doesn't check until the spell is scribed. If you purchase a spell and it lands in a bag you didn't know had an open spot, you...

Apr 10, 2024
  37. Bobokin replied to the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

Casual players don't often get enough runes to cover spells. They certainly don't have the coin to purchases them in the bazaar.

Apr 10, 2024
  38. Bobokin liked Andarriel's post in the thread It’s time to bag a Bag or two!.

Should be 25% if not more on the overpriced bags.

Apr 10, 2024
  39. Bobokin replied to the thread It’s time to bag a Bag or two!.

10% !!! WOW! It is AMAZING !!! o_O

Apr 10, 2024
  40. Bobokin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

T1 is good for alts and lower level guildies. It should also self convert like Cohort armor. Many players don't want it because they...

Apr 6, 2024
  41. Bobokin replied to the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

Correct. Why was that changed? Why are they No Trade but not Lore?

Apr 6, 2024
  42. Bobokin liked Vumad's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

The spells that can not be sold back are no trade. I agree with you, OP. There should have never been a situation where a spell...

Apr 6, 2024
  43. Bobokin replied to the thread Guild Hall Moves.

I can't go get the items because almost all of the guild zone clickies (statues ...) from expacs are from a retired player, and a few...

Apr 6, 2024
  44. Bobokin posted a new thread.

Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?

If someone makes a mistake and purchases two of the same spell, it is $4k down the bit bucket. If someone purchases a spell but finds he...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Apr 6, 2024
  45. Bobokin posted a new thread.

Guild Hall Moves

Our guild wanted to upgrade the guildhall and move it to the guild zone, but we fear that items from characters who no longer play or who...

Mar 30, 2024
  46. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

EQNext had potential, but there could have been a better version of EQ3 if they had not gone with that kind of game. As I have stated...

Mar 26, 2024
  47. Bobokin liked Vizier's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I NEVER said it was sold to the public. I said they duped the content creators and a whole bunch of the most active and loyal EQ big...

Mar 26, 2024
  48. Bobokin liked Risiko's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

My issue is that I just started a series on my streams for playing up from level 1 using Alternate Personas in Everquest, and while I...

Mar 26, 2024
  49. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I would suggest you continue with your stream so there is a good record of how the gameplay has changed in recent years. It's not so...

Mar 26, 2024
  50. Bobokin liked Andarriel's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

If it wasnt for overseer all my chars would probably be level 110/111 thats when the xp gets super slow. Sadly i like to be max level so i...

Mar 26, 2024
  51. Bobokin replied to the thread You asked for crates......

Many Heritage Crates are no trade and not heirloom. They should all be heirloom and 500 points. And where are the cats and birds?

Mar 19, 2024
  52. Bobokin replied to the thread The free crown ornament.

Pink Floyd was neither pink nor Floyd.

Mar 19, 2024
  53. Bobokin liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread The free crown ornament.

No (photos I just found on the web) [IMG] [IMG] Yes. [media] I had this hat in the early 90's. One day I heard this blimp flying...

Mar 19, 2024
  54. Bobokin liked Sakuraba's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

Seems a bit odd given past stances by the company, honestly. A lot of fundamental changes scream "New players need not apply", so...

Mar 19, 2024
  55. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Solo or molo? Playing at keyboard with no external programs and no boxing? Many classes get killed in five seconds against current...

Mar 19, 2024
  56. Bobokin liked Burdi's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

One of the reasons devs could have increased the experience needed to level could be : Scarcity of content. Expansion after broken mirror...

Mar 19, 2024
  57. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Unfortunately, that is what many players are doing, and the multi-boxers are not going to be able to make up for it. And then we have...

Mar 19, 2024
  58. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Oh, that's another thing. You HAVE to use over 100,000pp just to upgrade a set of armor. Casual players don't make 100,000pp in a...

Mar 16, 2024
  59. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

They did have goodies, but they whaled out the store items. $20 for a mount, $45 for a bag, ... overpriced to be sure. I guess they...

Mar 16, 2024
  60. Bobokin liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I suspect they had to generate the revenue streams to pay for anything they did for the 25th. But yeah feels more like just a way to...

Mar 16, 2024
  61. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I'm all for them making money, but there is so much more they could do for free in terms of GM events, 200% exp bonus on the actual...

Mar 16, 2024
  62. Bobokin liked Mesc's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

They could make more money simply by flipping the switch and turning the experience back on. So the only logical thing is to consider that...

Mar 16, 2024
  63. Bobokin liked uberkingkong's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Nope do not recommend. Why? The RPG aspect is gone. 31st expansion, don't focus on raids. Focus needs to be on fun, something that will...

Mar 16, 2024
  64. Bobokin liked Dre.'s post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

In a previous job, I was part of an organization that chose to "restructure" the most profitable part of the business. Some would...

Mar 16, 2024
  65. Bobokin liked khat's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

This is on purpose. They want those levels to be unplayable because it forces what few users they have left to purchase level boost and...

Mar 16, 2024
  66. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I thought it would be a celebration of the game and the players that have played 25 long years. Instead, they call it "The Year of...

Mar 16, 2024
  67. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I still can't believe that in the very year that everyone should be coming together to celebrate the magic that is Everquest, DBG are...

Mar 16, 2024
  68. Bobokin liked Mesc's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ? Q: Can we increase grind XP? Ngreth: We have no plans to encourage grind.

Mar 16, 2024
  69. Bobokin replied to the thread What does this mean?.

It is a big orange spongy ball.

Mar 13, 2024
  70. Bobokin liked Vizier's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

When you have a company that makes changes that actively drive people away for years on end you get EQ in the state its currently in....

Mar 13, 2024
  71. Bobokin liked Roxxanna's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Ours went from 40-50 online weeknights to 1-2 including me. ‘We used to be the new/returning guild on Rathe, now I don’t even see any...

Mar 13, 2024
  72. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

/usurp the guild.

Mar 13, 2024
  73. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Our guild and sister guild went from over 30 active real players with 300 characters to 5 real players with 50 characters in less than...

Mar 13, 2024
  74. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

But but but .... TLPs are the saving grace of Everquest!

Mar 13, 2024
  75. Bobokin liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

First lets take exp off mobs that folks have enjoyed farming for exp for years. Now replace that with exp off of missions but keep...

Mar 13, 2024
  76. Bobokin replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more...

Mar 13, 2024
  77. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

New live servers would get a bunch of that revenue too. My point is that the TLP servers are not growing the player base and potential...

Mar 13, 2024
  78. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

How does Holly making that statement back your premise? You act like what you are stating is something new. It is well known...

Mar 13, 2024
  79. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

That is sign of the demise of Everquest when half the revenue is a niche product. TLPs help Daybreak with revenue, but they show just...

Mar 13, 2024
  80. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Unless a server is appreciable different and much better honed and curated for a different purpose, I have no need for a TLP server....

Mar 12, 2024
  81. Bobokin liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

I got a group of gamer work friends to try EQ one night. We never made it out of the tutorial. We spent three hours playing, got to level...

Mar 12, 2024
  82. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

It is awful. Even with a map, it is a complete mess.

Mar 12, 2024
  83. Bobokin liked Brontus's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

I agree. Runnyeye is not designed very well. It's a disaster. You have high level Evil Eyes that patrol the zonelines and kill...

Mar 12, 2024
  84. Bobokin liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

There is a difference between recommending a 25+ year old MMO where there is not the player base at lower levels to help people get...

Mar 12, 2024
  85. Bobokin liked Zolav's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Recommend! I will not even tell anyone I play, my wife says "oh my husband is a gamer" which IDK why no one seems to believe then they...

Mar 12, 2024
  86. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

You know you have a problem when you have to hide your Evercrack, and no one knows what it actually is anyway. A few years ago, I...

Mar 12, 2024
  87. Bobokin liked Beardsy's post in the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

I'm the type to buy the "Pack" Bags, whether it's from the expansions or the quarm pack I buy a whole inventory full of em. Why? Cause...

Mar 12, 2024
  88. Bobokin liked Sam Hyde's post in the thread Any Part of the 'crew' still in the game from the start?.

True, in tech and gaming there is no such thing as someone working in one place their whole life. What you have is: Top tier...

Mar 12, 2024
  89. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Casual gamers often play in older zones because they get wiped in the new expacs without Type III Group or Raid gear. The casual gamers...

Mar 12, 2024
  90. Bobokin liked uberkingkong's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Game needs a lot more. Basically everything EQ2 was, EQ1 should have merged into EQ2 or EQ1 should have had a major overhaul in many...

Mar 12, 2024
  91. Bobokin liked uberkingkong's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Did you read the OP? Basically what you doing is reviewing EQ with a review how it was 20+ years ago, rather than reviewing EQ of...

Mar 12, 2024
  92. Bobokin liked Andarriel's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

I got into eq because my friend was playing it and before that he was playing ultima online. Back in the day were you could only play one...

Mar 12, 2024
  93. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

The problem is that the game only caters to a subset of the people that are still here, and that doesn't help bring in new players.

Mar 12, 2024
  94. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

You went solo and molo up to level 125 and max AA? With a rogue or zerker no doubt.

Mar 12, 2024
  95. Bobokin liked Marton's post in the thread Exp was changed to TOV Hero Missions? Why?.

Yeah, nerfs are the way to go. :rolleyes:

Mar 8, 2024
  96. Bobokin replied to the thread Noisy Familiars.

"C'mon man, don't pop a jester!" That should be on a t-shirt

Mar 8, 2024
  97. Bobokin liked jeskola's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

When I wear my EQ 20th anniversary shirt I've had several gen z age say "hey is that like old school RuneScape?"

Mar 8, 2024
  98. Bobokin replied to the thread Sudden Overseer Failures.

More failures as of late. Not like when they broke it before, but more. Maybe the overseer complaining on this board got it a stealth...

Mar 8, 2024
  99. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Marketing?

Mar 8, 2024
  100. Bobokin liked Dre.'s post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Pretty much everyone I run into in game started sometime between Classic and PoP. I'd be curious if there are any forum members here who...

Mar 8, 2024
  101. Bobokin liked Kyzvs's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Totally agree on that - I sub x2, never get past level 80 or so and am very happy to be in 'old' EQ. I just presume that getting a bunch...

Mar 8, 2024
  102. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

That may end up happening with Everquest - or something similar. Why are players drawn to Runescape and not Everquest? Why is it so...

Mar 8, 2024
  103. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Darkpaw should be increasing experience at lower levels rather than killing it. There is a lot of game out there to play, but the way...

Mar 8, 2024
  104. Bobokin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Is it? It's always a mystery Not what it seems to be It's always a mystery Just like you and me Always a mystery

Mar 8, 2024
  105. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Old School Runescape is a very old game that still has a great following and is on many top 10 MMORPG lists year after year. Everquest...

Mar 8, 2024
  106. Bobokin replied to the thread Tailored Legendary White Backpack.

Nevermind. They just show non-heirloom when no-trade items are inside them.

Mar 8, 2024
  107. Bobokin replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Like Runescape?

Mar 8, 2024
  108. Bobokin liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Unless you have some particular nostalgia for EQ I can't imagine why someone would want to get into it for the first time at this point,...

Mar 8, 2024
  109. Bobokin replied to the thread Any Part of the 'crew' still in the game from the start?.

Since my mains are older than some of the developers, I doubt it.

Mar 8, 2024
  110. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread Any Part of the 'crew' still in the game from the start?.

The game has been out for 25 years and developed for a few years before that. I doubt there would be many of the original group still...

Mar 8, 2024
  111. Bobokin posted a new thread.

Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?

With all of the EXP nerfs, max EXP nerfs, cut and past items, lather-rinse-repeat expacs, catering to boxers and raiders, and monetization...

Mar 8, 2024
  112. Bobokin replied to the thread Stealth nerfs?.

Expect higher prices because the demand for Everquest is dropping fast.

Mar 8, 2024
  113. Bobokin liked Allayna's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

Imagine moving goal posts. Making it harder for people than it was originally... Imagine launching a new expansion with a feature...

Mar 8, 2024
  114. Bobokin liked Lilura's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

I'm noticing something strange lately and I want to see if it's just me or if there's something to this. 1) Exp from the TOV heroic...

Mar 8, 2024
  115. Bobokin posted a new thread.

Tailored Legendary White Backpack

Event backpacks are no longer heirloom?

Mar 8, 2024
  116. Bobokin replied to the thread Swag Shop Opening.

With all of the artwork available to them, they decided to make EVERQUEST logo only items. It is just more cut and paste from this...

Mar 8, 2024
  117. Bobokin liked Angahran's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Instead of the dumb idea of raising subs, how about DBG do something completely radical and unheard of and try to actually get new players...

Mar 8, 2024
  118. Bobokin liked mercury890's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Correct! I stopped paying on all my accounts just from not being able to tab out full screen to full screen anymore when boxing.....

Mar 8, 2024
  119. Bobokin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Please take an economics course before making a reply like that about opportunity costs. You can't spend the same 20k twice.

Mar 8, 2024
  120. Bobokin liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

I need to cancel my subs.

Mar 8, 2024
  121. Bobokin liked Geko's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

These kind of changes make it much harder to help returning players. I have lvled tons of people from 85 up to 110. But with this change...

Mar 8, 2024
  122. Bobokin liked uberkingkong's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

Exactly. They nerf the whole concept of the expansion. They do not balance it out via mob kills get more xp since mission xp is being...

Mar 8, 2024
  123. Bobokin liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

Point is , straight up.. Developers. Don't mess with nerfs the game after it has been going on so long you are obviously forcing...

Mar 8, 2024
  124. Bobokin liked NatazzEvoli's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

The change they made to ToV mission exp was a stupid one.

Mar 8, 2024
  125. Bobokin liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

Gratz...you've probably just given them a new list of things to nerf.

Mar 8, 2024
  126. Bobokin liked FyrasDrinal's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

This change will cost DarkFlaw money. During the last fundraiser xp bonus week, I bought four level 100 heroic toons to quickly make level...

Mar 8, 2024
  127. Bobokin liked Filter's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

Some idiots hating on people that want to get a toon to a much more manageable level so they can play with friends. Yes, they can spend...

Mar 8, 2024
  128. Bobokin replied to the thread Stealth nerfs?.

Daybreak is its own worst enemy. This is total BS for casual players and players that play only during certain times of the year due to...

Mar 8, 2024
  129. Bobokin liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Stealth nerfs?.

My concern is folks returning to the game trying to catch up. So even if they get a group for those missions they get less exp then...

Mar 8, 2024
  130. Bobokin liked Hegsheoshed's post in the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

The mask reminded me of the Optigrab from The Jerk.

Mar 4, 2024
  131. Bobokin liked Febb's post in the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

Bags are apparently more valuable than expansions. I can buy an entire expansion for $40 but a bag? No sir, someone slaved for 10 minutes...

Mar 4, 2024
  132. Bobokin liked Herf's post in the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

How do I get free stuff at Taco Bell?

Mar 4, 2024
  133. Bobokin liked error's post in the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

Definitely feels like price gouging. I'm not saying they can't profit off optional anniversary limited time items but... be a little...

Mar 4, 2024
  134. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

So far, it feels like I've been invited to my own birthday party, and am expected to pay for my own presents. Wasn't this celebration...

Mar 4, 2024
  135. Bobokin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Yes, many of the players I group with are either lifetime accounts or FTP. Not many of them pay that overpriced monthly fee for...

Mar 4, 2024
  136. Bobokin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

All of the triple dip monetization of Everquest has already done that to many players and guilds. When the whales beach...

Mar 4, 2024
  137. Bobokin liked Marton's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Would everybody leave if they raised subscription prices? No. But some would drop to f2p, some would leave, then their friends and...

Mar 4, 2024
  138. Bobokin liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

LOL. It would not shake down that way.

Mar 4, 2024
  139. Bobokin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Economics 101: nothing is free; everything has opportunity costs.

Mar 4, 2024
  140. Bobokin liked Flatchy's post in the thread Fippy Fest 2024.

For 1500 bucks Fiorina Vie better be visiting me back at the hotel.;)

Mar 1, 2024
  141. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread Fippy Fest 2024.

Agree, for $1500 I'd be expected to have control over a dev for a day, a visit around the EQ studios, lunch with the top brass, an item...

Mar 1, 2024
  142. Bobokin replied to the thread Fippy Fest 2024.

What happens in Freeport, stays in Freeport.

Mar 1, 2024
  143. Bobokin liked Barraind's post in the thread Fippy Fest 2024.

250 being the price I'd expect to pay for an in-person event in this era of event pricing, thats a guaranteed nah from me.

Mar 1, 2024
  144. Bobokin liked uberkingkong's post in the thread Fippy Fest 2024.

Yep Yep Its limited tickets so, I suppose it makes sense, because maybe they only room for 50, and if it was at $50, sold out...

Mar 1, 2024
  145. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread Fippy Fest 2024.

At least the physical tickets aren’t $1500… They’re a steal at $1499… One of the guest speakers better be Taylor Swift!

Mar 1, 2024
  146. Bobokin liked Tuco's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

[img]

Mar 1, 2024
  147. Bobokin liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Ummm. No. You would likely just kill the game faster. Was that a serious suggestion or just trolling? I can't speak for everyone but I...

Mar 1, 2024
  148. Bobokin replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Everquest is already monetized in a gazillion ways. The game would do much better if Darkpaw made it cheaper to play rather than more...

Mar 1, 2024
  149. Bobokin replied to the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

That's $40 for the bag if the account is All Access. If not, it's more. All of this overpriced stuff, and Darkpaw wonders why revenue is...

Mar 1, 2024
  150. Bobokin liked Ferledon's post in the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

Mask looks cool! Very awesome! But $40-$45 for a 46-slot bag is laughable! I'll just wait a few more months for the next TLP bundle, and...

Mar 1, 2024
  151. Bobokin liked Tachyon's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

my game, i don't bazaar, it's fun having a story to every piece of gear you have... you remember the group you played with

Feb 21, 2024
  152. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Is it April already?

Feb 21, 2024
  153. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

You leveled 3 toons from 1-115 ... without boxes and without any PL help from other characters? I seriously doubt it.

Feb 21, 2024
  154. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

To be fair, there are many threads for that, and I believe his is done watching players ask for things only to never see them, and...

Feb 21, 2024
  155. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I understand. Thank you for the follow up. My biggest gripe with old content is having the experience changed. Some character classes...

Feb 21, 2024
  156. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I agree, but that isn't the issue the OP is targeting.

Feb 21, 2024
  157. Bobokin liked Monkeychunks's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

A play style makes no difference when the game doesn't work. Using one example: the screen is too dark to see in Demi Plane of Decay....

Feb 21, 2024
  158. Bobokin replied to the thread Make EQ Open Source.

FIFY

Feb 21, 2024
  159. Bobokin liked Act of Valor's post in the thread Make EQ Open Source.

The emulation servers like P99 have way, way, way less cheating than official live EQ servers.

Feb 21, 2024
  160. Bobokin replied to the thread Laurions inn WHY.

This inn is one big party, so why no ATM (banker)? Gotta get those brews!

Feb 21, 2024
  161. Bobokin replied to the thread Guild with level 75 cap?.

Does that invalidate my post in any way?

Feb 21, 2024
  162. Bobokin liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I liked several of your posts, not because I'm happy about what was said, but because I appreciate the honesty coming from long time...

Feb 21, 2024
  163. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

It makes a huge difference. I know older players that like the game, but they all box or are in raiding guilds, and they just log in to...

Feb 21, 2024
  164. Bobokin replied to the thread Guild with level 75 cap?.

Vox would not be good server for a level 75 or below guild because it merged with a TLP server that had free access to level 85, so there...

Feb 21, 2024
  165. Bobokin liked Dre.'s post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I will. I don't like doing the quest or progression. I don't hate doing it once. It can even be fun. It's the forced bit of it all,...

Feb 21, 2024
  166. Bobokin liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Clearly, the feedback they WERE getting wasn't going the way they thought it was going to go.

Feb 21, 2024
  167. Bobokin liked Dre.'s post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I'm not convinced either of these are true. Developers I've worked with would absolutely abhor a 12 month cycle with a thesaurus...

Feb 21, 2024
  168. Bobokin liked Spacemonkey555's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Psychologists call it learned helplessness. Ask for simple fixes, lag reduction, more content, class balance, banning of cheaters...

Feb 21, 2024
  169. Bobokin liked hein's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

The reason I didn't list the fix, is because I addressed this clearly in the original post. If you can't pull that out of the context,...

Feb 21, 2024
  170. Bobokin liked Dre.'s post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

This forum is full of fantastic ideas that will never be implemented. One hinted at by OP, and frequently posted is to "fix" experience...

Feb 21, 2024
  171. Bobokin liked HunksterFV's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

This is the biggest problem I have with this game right now. Duping and 24/7 AFK PL for literal years, across multiple servers, goes...

Feb 21, 2024
  172. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Do you box? Do your "older players" friends box?

Feb 21, 2024
  173. Bobokin liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

That's the real tradegy with the dev team. They've become so detached when it comes to actually playing the game, that they no longer...

Feb 21, 2024
  174. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

He posted specific gripes in the OP. You are now using ad hominem attacks rather than discussing the game itself. That is not only...

Feb 21, 2024
  175. Bobokin liked hein's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Thank you for your input, however your missing the whole point and context of my argument. I actually don't mind mercenary kill task....

Feb 21, 2024
  176. Bobokin liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

No, some of them log in for raids a couple of nights a week. That doesn't even remotely come close to actually "playing" the game....

Feb 21, 2024
  177. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I think the OP is correct. I've said many times that the grind just doesn't work for people who are new to the game, or can't keep up with...

Feb 21, 2024
  178. Bobokin replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

60% of my guild, and 80% of our sister guild have left the game in the past three years. So much for retaining current players. From my...

Feb 21, 2024
  179. Bobokin liked Fenthen's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Kinda failing at this as well, though.

Feb 21, 2024
  180. Bobokin liked hein's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Well, its finally time to say goodbye and this time for good. I know, I know... who cares right? Certainly not Daybreak. I want to start...

Feb 21, 2024
  181. Bobokin replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Certainly, many ex-players will not respond. Everquest is dying a slow death, and it may hit the cliff soon.

Feb 8, 2024
  182. Bobokin liked Nennius's post in the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Well put. In 23 plus years I have encountered a LOT of folks who don't even know there are forums. And the timing has me wondering as...

Feb 8, 2024
  183. Bobokin liked Bilderov's post in the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Unfortunately, with the severely limited survey, they're giving people a hands-up (or not) at best. They're not responding to us and...

Feb 8, 2024
  184. Bobokin replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Glad they kept that survey up for a long time. :( Did they want feedback or not?

Feb 8, 2024
  185. Bobokin replied to the thread Rogue - Adjusted the Class AA, Anatomy.

Always? No ... "always" goes back much further than when Assassination was capped.

Jan 10, 2024
  186. Bobokin replied to the thread Ornamentations.

If a different graphics set can be added for personas, it likely could have been done for an EQ1 wardrobe. The devs added the keyring...

Jan 10, 2024
  187. Bobokin replied to the thread Massive overseer conversion!.

I have posted about this many times, and I have given several option to help with this. None of the options have been acted upon. They...

Jan 10, 2024
  188. Bobokin replied to the thread Overseer common agent.

I have been asking for Mass Conversion for years now. How hard could it be? Nine to three would be great, but if six to two would be...

Dec 9, 2023
  189. Bobokin liked Windance's post in the thread Overseer common agent.

This is one of the frequently asked QoL updates folks have been asking for. #1 - Some way to mass convert -- or -- #2 - Some way to turn...

Dec 9, 2023
  190. Bobokin liked Evurkvest's post in the thread Overseer common agent.

What amazes me is that having 1k agents can cause lag in the first place. Design and/or code must be… let’s say interesting.

Dec 9, 2023
  191. Bobokin replied to the thread The DB Cash Bug is back.

As I recall, it was just on lifetime accounts last time. I have not checked with guild members yet this time.

Dec 1, 2023
  192. Bobokin posted a new thread.

The DB Cash Bug is back

The DB Store is showing something close to 1/10th the DB cash in my account. The same for my brother's account and my kids account....

Forum: Bug Reports

Dec 1, 2023