Can we double the price of subs and Krono?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

EQ already struggles to compete (in the absolute best case, "everything is going right for a perfect confluence of time and nostalgia" scenarios) with games that have a similar price point to it.

It doesnt need even more unfavorability, its perfectly capable of shooting itself in the foot many other ways.
  2. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

ROFL.. Seriously? I disagree, What moron will pay that kind of $ for a broken, stuttering gimped game (post DX patch)? Maybe pre DX patch I would have been one of those morons. You know. actually , I realized just what a moron I was,,, being able to freely tab out between toons, no delay what so ever,,,dropping 50+ without question for DB cash to finish Overseer quests many times AND on multiple accounts. NO stuttering nor delays...the game ran and was flawless.. .;
    But not anymore... Not with a broken game where players can't even tab out something as simple as full screen between clients as they could PRE PATCH..
    Maybe I was the moron before pre patch dropping all that cash so easily,,, but after the DX debacle, knowingly the problems in Beta and to push them all live anyway and STILL not revert? ,Whose the real moron that's losing the money now?
    I'll keep my cash. and that's a fact, Jack.

Drop the mic
    Mesc likes this.
  3. JetZeppelin2h Augur

How about triple the price the sooner this game dies the sooner i can stop playing it.

Ignore this post I am out, this game is done and i will never play it again. Take care and the 45 krono I have left are going to rot on my toon.
    mercury890 likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Ahh come on send em to old Flatchy, He does a lot of work with pregnant unwed Dark Elves. Getting them their start. It will do a lot of good!
    mercury890, Nennius and Metanis like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

And just how did they get pregnant mister?
    Flatchy and Metanis like this.
  6. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

Correct! I stopped paying on all my accounts just from not being able to tab out full screen to full screen anymore when boxing.. that alone beached a lot of whales...
    Bobokin likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

Instead of the dumb idea of raising subs, how about DBG do something completely radical and unheard of and try to actually get new players into the game?

I know it's a crazy idea and it hasn't even been attempted in probably the last 20 years, but who knows, it might just work?
    Bobokin likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

LMAO theres not one person that believes your kronos will rot haha too funny!
  9. Bobokin Augur

Please take an economics course before making a reply like that about opportunity costs. You can't spend the same 20k twice.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Humor is a mystery?
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Bobokin Augur

Is it?

It's always a mystery
    Not what it seems to be
    It's always a mystery
    Just like you and me
    Always a mystery
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If they actually did double the price of krono's and subscriptions it would be the day everquest died. The only people staying would be the ones that got the lifetime subs.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Puns keep us on the alert, and responding to them reveals that we are alert....
    They make us stretch our minds and double our attention.

Anonymous