Yet another I'm quiting post...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Feb 20, 2024.

1. SnapVine Augur

You seem obsessed with this thread and making sure you get the last word. interesting
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and hein like this.
  2. hein Augur

Exactly! That goes into the deeper part of my post where I say "they don't care about the user." The coming TLP's will be the next example. I've seen some great ideas suggested on the forums that I think a lot of players would get behind. However, history has taught us that they won't be using those ideas and suggestions.

They're just not interested in what we want. They don't understand that a great product that people love will generate the response and revenue they want and need. They are only thinking in terms of quick and easy cash grabs and people are trying to argue "that's business, they are here to make money." I'm arguing there is a better more sustainable way to do it! Just provide a good product and care about the users and their ideas.

lol... but I digress. My idea's are silly after all.. According to some anyways.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They do play - on Beta and some actually play on live or tlp servers. They have slipped and mentioned a few, if we can believe them.

But they are not playing like we do. Not all of us have access to fiber optic connections, computers on servers and the ability to make and do anything with special game hardware or alter character's abilities etc.

Its not the same game if your playing it professionally just like most upper management are removed from what its like being an hourly worker
  4. Cimbaeth Elder

I just leveled 3 toons on alternate classes from 1- now 115 and the grind as you say- was not that hard. I had one toon that had missed a few missions and partisans and whatnot and the people whining that personas can't use those to level should be reassured that... being able to do those things in no way helped that particular one level any faster than the other 2. I used hot zones, and plane of earth rings, and HAs a few times a day, and overseers, once I got to 85.. and missions, a few times a day. Hump? Back in the day we called those "hell levels" like how it took me a solid month to get through level 59 while quad kiting raptor island and AE grouping in Sebilis. I mean, I guess I could post a long rambling tirade about how level 59 was "so hard" and how it was "against players" but that would have been rapidly forgotten under what you can probably imagine is the "who cares" file. Much like the OP's post.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No more so than someone announcing their 'final departure' and then posting retorts and conjecture 10 times. But sure, I'm the guy. :rolleyes:
    Sunawar and Cimbaeth like this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

There is a segment of the player base that want to sit in one corner of one zone and pull/kill the same 10 mobs for twelve months until the next expansion, where they can find another corner of one zone and rinse/repeat.

Meanwhile, you have these creators of content who put in hundreds, thousands of hours into creating multiple zones with lore and quests and such. They want their work to be experienced by the player base, otherwise what is the point in the hundreds, thousands of hours in creating all of this?

Some players want the easy way out. They want easy content. They want to sit in a corner for a year in one zone. The devs want you to explore the world, see all that it has. There is an obvious difference of opinion which comes down to simply this-

The devs are in charge. Not the players. If the player is not happy, they are free to leave and find a game where they can sit in the same corner for years. Meanwhile those of us who like questing and tasks and raiding and the "challenges" they bring will continue to enjoy the content and reap the rewards of completing said content.
    Windance and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  7. hein Augur

I remember the level 59 hell level and I get your point on that and I appreciate your feedback on your own leveling experience.

I think the big difference was, that after the level 59 hell level came level 60, which at the time was the level cap. What we have now is level 65-115 being the hell levels unless, like yourself, people have lots of resources and are playing several characters, or have their own box team.

My issues goes much further then just the leveling aspect, as I have detailed in the opening post and as our intellectual giant in the post above has pointed out, also in my many retorts and conjectures.
  8. hein Augur

I never said I didn't like doing the quest or progression. That wasn't my argument. It may be part of the argument, but not at all the bulk of the complaint. Thank you for your feedback.
    Dre. likes this.
  9. hein Augur

Ok. I think I have clearly stated my point. My hope was to create a post that spoke to others who are feeling the same and maybe, just maybe, realizing it's a long shot, get through to the developers about how many of us, some whom have been around for a VERY long time in this community are feeling. I'm done responding and sharing now. Good luck my friends.
  10. Cicelee Augur

So what is the goal of a brand new to EQ player? Is it to immediately race to 125? If so, then yes you need money or resources/people to get you there in a game approaching 25 years of age. But then again, if a brand new to EQ player has that goal in mind in a 25 year old game... they probably have the money and/or resources to get them to that point (friends already in EQ being the biggest resource).

But if you are brand new to EQ and just want to experience the game... then do you honestly think they care about "hell levels" or how long it takes to go from 65 to 115? They have literally 30 expansions of content to explore and enjoy at their pace. To them, who cares if they are level 22? 48? 73? They are enjoying content and having fun doing it- by themselves yes, but enjoying something new on a daily basis.

The thing is, I just don't honestly believe there are that many new to EQ players. It is a 25 year old game which is probably going to be sunset in the near future. Why should a new to MMO gamer start on something that has been around for 25 years and might die in 2 years, whereas the new flashy just released MMO might go for ten years? Who knows? Point is, the goal of Live EQ is not to cater to the 1-110 crowd anymore. It is to cater to the 111-125 crowd because that is the more recent thing.

In any event, you say you are leaving. Find a game to your liking. There is still many of us who enjoyed past EQ and are enjoying current EQ, with all its flaws.
    Cimbaeth likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, some of them log in for raids a couple of nights a week. That doesn't even remotely come close to actually "playing" the game. They haven't played the game they work on in quite some time. If they did, there's no way in hell some of the changes and features they've implemented in recent years would have ever been put in.
    Dre., Yinla, Bobokin and 1 other person like this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I more or less agree with the sentiment of this post. Devs are free to connect with players or not. Free to implement player-driven ideas, or not.

By and large, they are the experts and stewards of the game. While, undoubtedly, there have been some fantastic ideas shared by players over the years - some of which have been implemented - most players have no clue how feasible or practical their idea would be to implement. And there's no reason they should be. We aren't owners, we are consumers. Some players believe that because they've played for decades they have an owner stake in the game. I understand and empathize, but it's wholly incorrect.

To wit, this is entertainment. It's a game. I enjoy chewing the fat and exchanging salvos with other players via the forums. While my repertoire boasts more than 20 years in game - as a customer I have no more or less say than someone who just started.

I wish you all the very best if you're quitting. I wish you all the very best if you're staying. May you continue to thrive in life and find joy.
  13. Bobokin Augur

60% of my guild, and 80% of our sister guild have left the game in the past three years. So much for retaining current players. From my experience, older players don't like Everquest anymore, and young players have so many better alternatives.

As far as "live and TLP get all the love," comment goes, what else is there?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I hope each and everyone of them fill in the survey from survey monkey. If you haven't yet check your email associated with your cancelled EQ account.

I cancelled an alt account earlier this week and told them exactly what I thought about the implementation of DX11, new UI (which we have seen no addition to it in the last couple of months), personas, chat filters, lack of support for full screen, etc

Biggest issue for me in all of that is the lack of support for full screen. No other game prefers me to play windowed. :rolleyes: That was my final straw!

While I have 3 accounts I don't pay anything for other than new expansions, at the moment I am only logging in 1 account to raid as the game play is not good. Game play is worses on test after the recent patch, so I'm not holding out much hope for improvement until at least the middle of March.

Maybe AB being moved will improve the lag, the length of time to spin up instances and the number of server crashes, maybe it wont.
    Sunawar and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. Monkeychunks Augur

I and a lot of my friends are "older players" and while we love the game and are happy just to play along we cannot stomach any more UI or DX fiascos that make the game unplayable. Yes, we have newer computer, latest updates etc etc etc. No, we don't need to raid or be the top player. We like questing, progression in expansions all the /ach etc.

So many of us are leaving because the game is unplayable now, not because of the (lack of) content.
    Nennius, Windance and MasterMagnus like this.
  16. Yoda Journeyman

17. Bobokin Augur

He posted specific gripes in the OP. You are now using ad hominem attacks rather than discussing the game itself. That is not only false logic, but it is against the rules of this board. Please stick to the subject rather than blaming the messenger.

The only players I see that are thriving in Everquest are boxers and raiders. If a player is casual or wants to molo, forget it. This is especially valid for non-pet classes like rogues and zerkers that have to choose between a tank or a healer merc and needs both.
    Dre. likes this.
  18. Bobokin Augur

Do you box? Do your "older players" friends box?
  19. code-zero Augur

Lessee

Point 1: check the red highlight...and yet here we are. Pure opinion bases on cynicism

Point 2: In the last 24 years a lot of online games have been released with a great deal of passion and they're gone. Some NEVER made it like Pantheon

EQ is still here though.

Crap about new ways to spend Krono aren't even reasonable either

This is an opinion post which is entirely okay but there's nothing factual about it.
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

I'm not convinced either of these are true. Developers I've worked with would absolutely abhor a 12 month cycle with a thesaurus copypasting all of last year's work, just so they can sell it all again with new artwork/text come Christmas. Someone else is at the helm.
    Tarvas, MasterMagnus, Metanis and 2 others like this.