Stealth nerfs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Feb 23, 2024.

1. uberkingkong Augur

Exactly.
    They nerf the whole concept of the expansion.

They do not balance it out via mob kills get more xp since mission xp is being capped by xp cap they are putting in place to silently nerf. The whole of the xp cap is due to ToV.

They take away but never balance.

Hence why people just quit way too early in EQ.

EQ spend all year long just leveling. Never get to the point of enjoying the game. Its a constant leveling.
    Not fun when your by yourself too. Which you are.
  2. Geko Elder

These kind of changes make it much harder to help returning players. I have lvled tons of people from 85 up to 110. But with this change it will be much harder to quickly help returning players get to 110 (which 110 is important because of attunable snowbound gear)

Changes like this truly hurt the game from all directions.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I need to cancel my subs.
    Bobokin and Dre. like this.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

You're being selfish and only thinking of the players.... changes like this also make it easier to sell 115 heroic characters, coming soon to a $600 expansion bundle. Won't someone please think of the EG7 stockholders? They're down 53%, they NEED this.
  5. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Using these missions to get someone quickly to 110 is also a mistake, imagine being a new player oh wow look how quick i got 110.. oh crap now i have to grind to 115 with such little exp per kill.

the only thing doing it pre 111 helps is peoples ego so they can go look how great i am, i got you 10+ levels in 1 hour.. oh now your on your own, go grind for 6 months to get to 115.. have fun ive done the easy part. Not to mention these new returning players have no clue about the game at this level, and all the amount of snowbound gear in the world aint helping these people.
  6. Bilderov Augur

Yet another nail in the coffin for players either competing or playing catchup.

At this point I think they really want the game to fail.

Have been levelling 3 x ftp chars to 105 read to boost them to 110. Now that ain’t gonna happen. They just made the 105-115+ range much harder.

To do this without putting it in the patch notes is very nefarious and yet I don’t really see anyone complaining. Have we been dumbed down that far?

RIP my 3 chars. I really can’t be ar*ed to keep banging my head against the wall, especially when they’ve just added nails to it…
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Complaints require that goals/plans have been derailed. If fewer people have long term EQ goals, you're gonna see far less complaints, even if the egregiousness of EG7's behavior ramps up.
  8. Geko Elder

So I have actually tested the theory you mention above. The quickest way to show you it is incorrect is looking at overseer exp. The 24hr missions give 1.8% - 2.7% exp each. Regardless of the actual XP needed to move that percentage. IE it will take you the same exact amount of time to move from 100 to 105 using overseer as it will to move from 120 to 125. Therefore you want to be utilizing overseer later rather than earlier.

Moving past that though and going more in-depth. There was a change to the game around lvl 105. mobs went from hitting normal to hitting crazy. You didn't notice it if you were a current player because gear scaling increased. The issue is when they did this patch, they also applied it to the 95 to 100 and 100 to 105 expansions. I found this out when I came back after being fully RoF raid geared ... and not being able to kill the next expansion grp mobs ... they were destroying me. I had to have someone PL me from 90 to 110 then get me the TBL gear just so I could start playing again.

Also to give you an idea how monumental snowbound gear is ... my 124 cleric / shaman are still wearing full snowbound gear because I have been too lazy to upgrade on a silver account. They are able to do current content wearing snowbound gear...
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  9. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Ok so overseer is not a one and done and cannot be used anymore, it should be used from 85 anyhow so that has nothing todo with what i stated.

if you had rof raid gear you where already level 100 so you didnt get a pl from 90.

the comment about snowbound gear was not that it isnt good enough, but the game is vastly different at 110 than it was at 90.. some guy who has not played since HoT suddenly gets a PL to 110 and giving some tov t1 gear and is let loose in ToV aint surviving long until he gets to grips with how the game is at that level

also stating i have so and so at 124 in --- means nothing, i have a 125 wiz, doing LS hunters at the moment still in 85 heroic gear and hasn't died once since he was made.
    Dre. likes this.
  10. Gialana Augur

I do think they should remove the experience cap for one-time achievement rewards.

The next section between dashed lines is an optional read
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For the rest of this post, I'll make the caveat that my experience numbers were recorded before LS went live. I think there was a change to the way achievement experience rewards were reported when the expansion launched. Before launch, I think the numbers didn't depend on your progress through your current level, but they definitely do now. For instance, if you were 95% into level 114, the reward preview for a Mercenary achievement in ToV, I think, would say you'd get 6.41% of the experience required to go from level 114 to 115. But since the expansion launch, it will say you'll get 100% of the experience to go from level 114 to some small percent in level 115.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the mean-time, you'll want to avoid getting any of the ToV Hero achievements until at least level 107. That's the first level that the Hero rewards drops below 2 levels of experience (the cap). You'll likely want to start with 1 or 2 Mercenary achievements. They're worth 99.81% of level 100 and 89.18% of level 101. Actually it's probably about 4% less at level 101. My number was recorded before experience rewards included negative experience multipliers. You could then continue doing Mercenary rewards or mix in Partisan rewards.
  11. Geko Elder

I was lvl 95*** Rain of Fear T1 raid gear was all lvl 95 usable back then. So the PL was from 95 to 110 ** sorry for that misstatement

I will disagree with you about the game changing from lvl 100 to lvl 125. It is the same game. Mostly the exact same abilities with a different name. If you haven't notice Everquest hasnt changed at all since basically lvl 80ish. Every single expansion is the same thing ... same mechanics. They just tweak a ratio for how hard mobs hit and how high gear stats go.

But that isn't what this conversation is about, this conversation is about when they nerfed mob exp into the void ... then added chest rewards to compensate for the mob exp nerf ... then nerfed the chest rewards by more than 50%
    Kaenneth and Zalkk - AB like this.
  12. Bumkus Elder

Proportionately, this hits personas harder, since they already lose access to these xp bonuses

…no benefit of one-time XP boost from completing missions first time
    …miss out on recurring mission rewards if main toon already got it. (This comes into play if you want regular or evolving item xp on main toon, but regular xp for the persona. With regular alts, both toons can get mission rewards)
    …no reward for collection sets if main toon already completed it.

Knowing what I know now about the grind to get to max level, I would probably choose an alt character slot over a persona next time.
  13. Geko Elder

Just had to let 2 peoples that I cant finish PLing them. They will have to do 102 to 110 alone, I don't have the time to invest to help them get to a playable state.

Going to keep them on my friends list. I am interested to see when they stop logging in, my money is I won't see them by the weekend any longer.
  14. fransisco Augur

Such NERF! Characters that are WAY WAY too low level for the content can't get 4 levels from a single chest open! Drama alert!

What are they gonna do next? Force you to actually play your character instead of getting 20 levels for free from the guild lobby? How dare they?!
  15. FYAD Augur

If there's 2 of them, why aren't they grouping together to do TDS/TBM/EOK content together? Leveling up to 110 on kill xp is not bad, it's 111+ where the increase in xp needed to level came into effect.
  16. Ozon Augur

Take them to Sathir's Tomb or Howling Stones (North Wing), have them FD/Planar Overdose in a corner and blow up the wing/room you are in. Depending how fast you are takes about 6 ish hours.
  17. Bumkus Elder

Have you leveled an alt from 110 to 125? I'm getting 6.5% (with LoTD running) at 111 for an FF mission. One Door Closes gives me around 4%. I am also going back and knocking out progression i missed along they way with my Main, but that has proven to be an even slower path for leveling.

Post 110, it really is a grind. To the point where it will cut into Persona sales. That is unless they plan on selling 125 Heroic characters, and this will get the "Pay to Win" crowd riled up.

Edit for actual xp rates for One Door Closes mission. all with LoTD running
    110 5.719%
    111 4.092%
    112 3.395%
  18. KarmaKitty Augur

200% Cap on XP from a single source :mad: Appears I waited too long to level some alts :(
    Did they not think of that when they originally set the XP? Did they not do the math?
    There is already a required minimum level on the mission?
    They already have an issue with people getting to a level (120?) where they can group.
    Very dysfunctional o_O
  19. KarmaKitty Augur

any class can use
    planar overdose (player made, required level 90) to FD.
    Ozon likes this.
  20. KarmaKitty Augur

Hmm, 200% XP cap from a single source. LOD 100% bonus puts you at that 200% cap.
    Could that be why many of the recent XP bonus days are generally only 50%?
    100% + 50% + 100% = 200% :( not 250%, but XP goes up with LOD.
    Have we even had a bonus XP day since the change?
    My new conspiracy theory o_O