Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weverley Augur

Good job daybreak.I would be for the no [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] also.Not sure about free transfers because a lot of people are not at level 10 yet with all those queue.I have to say i appreciate all the communication you have been giving the community.Never seen in all the years i play EQ the company(SOE and DBG) giving so much info about what was coming.It's a big plus in my book.
    Fallfyres, Zendaar, Gehlfein and 2 others like this.
  2. Riley Augur

Koschei likes this.
  3. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

As others have stated, free transfers should be offered, there should also be a commitment to merge the servers at a later expansion if the population dwindles below a certain threshold. If server transfers are allowed, I suggest that the unlock timer for Ragefire be used to govern when Kunark launches on Lockjaw, that way both servers are in sync, which should make merges easier.
  4. Glistarian Augur

Free transfers are common sense.

More instancing changes the character of the game, and is a very, very bad direction to go in. It's not what we signed up for. If you'll recall, the more zones they instanced, the more subscription numbers dropped. Instances kill the feeling of the game.

As soon as they do this, a certain crowd will INSTANTLY insist it's needed in more and more zones. Give those zones to them, and they'll INSTANTLY insist it's needed in more. Absolutely guaranteed to happen.
    Fallfyres and Pukk like this.
  5. Mynxx Journeyman

Boxing isn't the issue - People running with 5 Mages and whatever 6th Class using a third party program to function those Mages IS the issue. And the more these individuals get reported for suspicious play, and the more they continue to bend the rules and tread on others' game time, the less we will see them flourish.

But, to punish those who wish to play on this server using more than one character at a time is absolutely bogus, coming from someone who does NOT box, it's not fair. These individuals pay just as much as you do, and virtually, they pay more considering they're one person playing X amount of accounts. If they are playing by the rules, why be so butt-hurt that they can run multiple accounts on a single PC without the use of third party programs?

A fair number of people that came from P99 to this server did just that on the premise that they could box, why take that away from them? Especially since boxing has been an active aspect of EQ for several years now?
    Beebles, Jinin, Pukk and 4 others like this.
  6. Ghirardelli New Member

I think they should address the transfers and merger situation regarding the opening of a second server. People should have a heads up on whether to plan on playing on the new server.

They did a good job on the first step, but to be considered walking we need a bit more.....
    Deadlyne and Fallfyres like this.
  7. Angrif Lorekeeper

Definitely not. While I agree boxing is frustrating, limiting to one IP address would prevent spouses or roommates from playing together. When someone has a router at home to share the internet connection, the outside internet sees the entire network as a single IP address. The home router dynamically assigns IP addresses to each host on the network but the outside world doesn't see those.

Sadly, boxers are here to stay. Maybe they could limit to 3 accounts per IP address, but from a business standpoint, the company is getting the money either way for each account.
    SuedeVeil, Khrinn, Yyin and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mardy Augur

Roshen, Holly, JChan, and co, just wanted to say how much we the players appreciate all that you folks have done this time around. From working overtime on launch day, to coding in afk kick and login queues, to implementing pickzone instances, to now opening a 2nd server. I don't care what anybody says but you guys have gone above and beyond. You've shown you really do care, and that you want nothing but good gaming experiences for us. Major props :)

Awhile back when I was advocating for a new progression server, we told you there would be a huge interest in something like this *if done right*. I'm glad you guys spent extra time to make sure things are done mostly right. The extra prep work paid off, I'm glad the players responded with great interest, and that you folks played along and are continuing to listen and improve. I think this has been a win/win for both Daybreak and us EQ fans.
    Crom-Eci, Fallfyres, Zujilli and 8 others like this.
  9. Indigo Augur

No one will move to Lockjaw with the same rule set. Why bother? That was very stupid making it the same rule set. They have one broken server, now two.
    ikkin likes this.
  10. UnnamedPlayer Elder

The problem is, a lot of people who wanted a second server, really just wanted a different ruleset. Incoming people complaining they wished it was a different ruleset.

I'm personally happy with Ragefire and think the queues will be gone in a week or two.
  11. Sadsong Elder

Roshen, please, please, allow us to have the ability to transfer to this server from Ragefire.
  12. Maginus Lorekeeper

People only want transfers so they can have another chance at raid loot before the populations grows at the NORMAL pace....no to transfers
  13. Dreftan Elder

Transfer??
  14. Ltldogg Augur

Thank you for doing the right thing. I would still like to see faster, more clear communication with the players and using the forums as the main outlet for such, not twitter.
  15. iatre Journeyman

Whether server transfers are allowed will directly determine whether I keep trying to log in tonight.

If they're not allowed and I'll be starting fresh on Lockjaw, I see no reason to keep playing on Ragefire, which means I can leave this blasted queue.
    Maginus likes this.
  16. Bandok Augur

No, some of us have invested a lot of time over the weekend but would still be interesting in transferring to help balance the two servers, so that both are on solid footing going forward.
  17. Woncho Journeyman

I appreciate the fact a new server will be up, but not until the weekend? thats 4 days of people frustratingly sitting on their hands. dont see why you couldnt implement it tomorrow night?
  18. Tamier Augur

Can we please, at the least, get the dps wins, no rules craziness stopped on the second server???
    O_Castitatis_Lilium likes this.
  19. Kinenal New Member

I am looking forward to it and I would really like to see something that limits boxing. It was a disappointment to see this being such a huge negative to the experience.
    Maginus and complexication like this.
  20. Babyruthie Elder

PLEASE never ever instance a dungeon.
    Pukk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.