Heroic Characters FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Arcaine Elder

Of course no one is forcing me to do anything. I am simply voicing my opinion on how I think the heroic characters should be implemented.
  2. Ranger001 New Member

hi there

my question is i have a few level 90/95 toons that are limited on gear aa and skills, can you "upgrade" a toon over level 85 and get the benifits without lossing levels?

the t5 merc quest is that only open to gold accounts? im still not sure why you dont add a t5 merc addon for station cash for silver accounts.

thanks. Devnet.
  3. Shimmerleaf Augur

On the subject of having maxxed skills - What about spell specialization for Int and Priest classes? Will all the specialization skills be at the highest normal level and then you have to show extreme caution in your early spell casting to choose and progress your primary and secondary specialization skills? Or some other mechanic to ensure that Temple of Sol Ro is not inundated with heroes needing to respecialize?
  4. Obiziana Augur

5. Abazzagorath Augur

It is a simple matter for a level 85 tank in HoT/UF level group gear to camp ac augs. And you can do heroic adventures and buy more augs cheaply as well.
  6. Yesway Augur

... Seriously, you want augs now too? Rofl, this is what I was expecting to happen ha.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Obiziana Augur

I in no way am asking for or wanting augs.. I'm just curious when they say a full set of gear... seems to me augs are an integral part of what any player would consider a "full set of gear."

Not sure where you saw me asking for them, simply asking if it was included.
  8. Shimmerleaf Augur

Also on the spell books, will spells be arranged in level order? That way a quick survey of the last 5 levels of spells would give a good starting point for casters.
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

This should be appropriate for the class of the player.

Clerics, Druids:
    • Alteration 260
    • Evocation 175
    • Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination 125
    Enchanters, Necromancers, Shaman:
    • Alteration 260
    • Conjuration 175
    • Abjuration, Divination, Evocation 125
    Magicians:
    • Evocation 260
    • Conjuration 175
    • Abjuration, Alteration, Divination 125
    Wizards:
    • Evocation 260
    • Alteration 175
    • Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination 125
  10. Yesway Augur

A question like that implies it. I don't consider a "full set of gear" to include augs. It wasn't included in any of the sets of gear they've given before so why would it be expected now?

If you legitimately aren't asking or suggesting that they should be included, I apologize. I'm a bit gun shy on seeing so many new requests/suggestions/implicating that more should be given.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just making sure I understand this, if someone makes a free HC and then deletes, it the only way to get another is to spend SC on it? They won't be able to get a free replacement for the one they got rid of?
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

During the trial period (3/12-3/26), players can have one Heroic Character on their account without paying any SC. If they try a class and decide they don't like it, they can delete it. They'll still be able to make another Heroic Character for free during this trial period (3/12-3/26). Every Heroic Character you create after the first won't start with Platinum, so be a bit careful about deleting these.

After the trial period (after 3/26/2014), if a player deletes their Heroic Character it works just like deleting ANY character on your account. It's just deleted. You won't get another free Heroic Character after 3/26/2014 (unless we offer these for free again in the future).

If you PURCHASE a Heroic Character for 3500SC, if you ever delete a Heroic Character you'll have the option to create a new one. If you delete a Heroic Character you purchased, you'll have the option to create another Heroic Character. Only the first Heroic Character created after each purchase will start with Platinum.
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

AA's at this level are by far not additional class abilities but part of the class themselves. the content is tuned with the assumption that you have them. im not sure what sense of accomplishment one would get from grinding an additional 4k aa on top of the 8-12 aa needed to be earned after 85.
    Ive heard the argument about the xp bonus but even this requires you spending a thousand aa or so on abilitie you could of had right away at no cost. nor do i understand if its a f2p account considering for most classes your talking about 300-500 points in aa lines where once again most of the aa;s grinded for would be free aa.
    none of these aa lines are preventing you from customer your toon via aa lines as you will have plenty to prioritize post 85.

the autogrant gives you a chance to play the class as designed. something people often did not get a chance to becasue of the fragmented nature off aa's I play an sk which may be more require more aa to function properly than alot of classes but im seing (myself) included players rethink some aa's lines previously abandoned seeing them at work first hand.

to really get a grasp at how aa dependant clases really are. look at your stat modifers and look at how much of your potential stats your aa less toon is actually usually. all that good gear is going to waste because you dont have the aa lines to utilize those stats.

these are caps put in the game that typically increase with leveling but have not specifically to artifically give some aa lines value. In other words had the aa line not been introduced they would continue to be part of the class inherent level just as leveling 1-60.
  14. Sais New Member

No opt in/out on AA grant is a very big turn off for some of us who knows the usefulness of right AAs and how slow AA gains after 4k.

This probably will work against your intention to sell more Heroic toons down the track, because it really is faster to level to 85 than it is to grind another 2000 over-bonus-cap AA that's almost required for every class at high end.

Not to mention it will hinder the character development of returned/new players greatly, please give them true boost in power, not a nerf disguised in raw high AA number.

Personally I would rather pay 3500SC for heroic toon with option to turn on AA later than taking a free one without.

Thanks!
    Pirouette and Arcaine like this.
  15. Graytis Lorekeeper

This may be a selfish and silly request, but is there any likelihood we could look into having indicators on the character select screen for account-based stuff, like which characters are heroic characters, which ones have claimed vet rewards (and how many you're still eligible to claim), how many additional character slots have been obtained by which means, stuff like that? It'd be nice to have that info available at a glance, especially when we're rolling new toons and/or deleting others.
    In a few years, for example, if I'm a returning player and have three level 85 toons on my account, I may not remember which one was the heroic one I bought a few years ago. It would be nice to have a little stylized "H" indicator or something by that toon's name on character select. I'd hope that a similar "V" indicator or something on vet-claimed toons could similarly be created.
  16. Roshen Brand Manager

I've updated the FAQ with the following:

Note: The platinum, Bayle Marks, food and drink a Heroic Character starts with is a one-time offering, rewarded to the first character you create or upgrade using the feature. If you delete your character and make a new one, you will not receive these items again. Delete wisely!
  17. Arcaine Elder

You nailed the argument, but are a bit off. By taking the autogrant, you're eliminating your exp bonus. I do a lot of soloing, so what a lot of people do is level their character to 100, then grind out 3-4k of aa's that are HoT+, and then take the grant. This allows you to get a lot of the RoF, CoTF, etc. aa's using the exp bonus, and then get 3-4k of the free aa's on top of it.

You don't necessarily have to get the same ones without the bonus as the ones you do, though some lines make sense to grind before you get the grant (combat agility/stability springs to mind)
  18. Ranger001 New Member

just wondering are you going to answer my question about a toon thats over 85, ie level 90/95.. i feel questions are answered for gold accounts.. i actually have 5 gold accounts.. all i need is an answer..

also be nice to know about t5 mercs as i asked about them also...
  19. Dunek of AB New Member

And when exactly does this kickoff??

It's the 12th of March here in 15 minutes. Can I create one then?
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

The patch that will allow players to create Heroic Characters and the new race/class combinations will happen early Wednesday morning. Once this patch is complete, players will be able to to create a Heroic Character.

Once I know the specific server downtime for this patch, I'll go ahead and post it.