Heroic Characters FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. ebird New Member

Three questions:

1. Will the heroic update be available at 12:00 a.m. EST tonight?
    2. I created a f2p/silver account post-November 2013. I am aware that I am eligible for one free 85 "per household". Is the "household" referring to our IP address or our account? I ask because my friend is planning to come over and play some EQ and if the auto-85 is limited to one per IP address then can he not access his free 85 while at my house?
    3. In relation to #2 (if "household" is referring to "IP address") consider I wanted another auto-85 but already purchased my free one (I'm aware about the trial period. That's irrelevant to my question). Hypothetically, couldn't I create a new account on any other IP address, auto-85, and then play THAT 85 on my home IP address? Different accounts, yes, but at least you have another 85 for free. Is this correct?
    I have posted multiple times looking for a response to the "one per household" = "IP address" question. Please help. Thanks.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would cause issues for free and silver accounts who could not opt in later for the aa auto grant.
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes, if you want to you can upgrade a character that is over level 85 to a Heroic Character. You'll get all the perks of being a Heroic Character, and you won't lose levels or items that the character you're upgrading has.

While Heroic Characters will have a special mercenary quest available to them, you'll still need the proper level of account to be able to hire mercenary tiers that are available to you.

For anyone unfamiliar with mercenary tiers available based on your subscription, see the page here: https://www.everquest.com/free
  4. Xenophon Luclin Server

Will a Heroic Character also register that account for Legends of Norrath (i.e. ability to trade on LoN)?
  5. Sais New Member

I can understand that, and have no problem with the free heroic not getting the option. However, what about making it an option for Gold account and/or SC bought heroic toons? There will be no conflict in account flagging, would only help with the sales of both Gold sub and SC.
  6. Szhark New Member

That post nailed it... I agree 100% on that one. And i dont get soe for doing it this way. U would sell alot more heroic toons, by letting ppl choose if they want the autogrant or not.

And i know that silver accounts cant autogrant duo to the 1000 aa cap, but then why not just flag that heroic toon on that silver account, to be able to click the autogrant? Simple..

There are alot of active players out there that wont bother buying SC for this, because they know the autogrant will just give them alot more work later on when getting the right aa's with 0 exp bonus.
    Arcaine likes this.
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Heroic Characters don't change anything about your Legends of Norrath registration.

Information about LoN can be found here http://www.legendsofnorrath.com/faq.vm
  8. Junysh New Member

I'm just curious is there a reason why you choose 85? I'd think level 80 would give access to a wider range of content since the level 75 content would still be somewhat beneficial.
  9. Sakarab New Member

This account was created a couple of years ago to play EQMac and was a paying account for quite a while. I just started using this account to play EQ last month though and it shows the account being created just last month when I view my account info.

Does this mean that I fall into the "one per household" with this account? I have three accounts stuck in this boat (i.e., played EQMac for quite a while but seen as being brand new for EQ).
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

Do any of these accounts show anything with "Trial Heroic Character" in the title, when you scroll to the bottom of the account page here?
    https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionDetails.action?gameCode=EQ
  11. Ranger001 New Member

thanks Roshen for the answers, thats a pretty sweet deal, looking forward to my f2p toons getting a nice mount, and skill ups, yes i know the requirements for mercs. thank you.

another questions, which i havent seen answered yet,

i have brought the Rank 2 spell abibilty for my free account, so i have all the rank 2 spells from 85 - 95 now.. im guess i will not lose them either.. i just dont want to upgrade an lose them either..
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The ability to trade is linked to having made LoN purchases at least it used to be;
  13. Roshen Brand Manager

You shouldn't lose anything on your character if you choose to upgrade it to be a Heroic Character.
  14. Roshen Brand Manager

Fixed my post.

Full info about what a subscription gives inside of Legends of Norrath and requirements to trade are found in the FAQ here http://www.legendsofnorrath.com/faq.vm
  15. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Can't wait for this:) I'm off tomorrow too, so hopefully servers wont be down too long:)
  16. Cyric187 New Member

Roshen,

I have an account from 2003 that i know can have one free HC. I also made a new account 1 month ago to box with on my other computer. Does this mean i can make a HC on the old and new new account or does my old account fall within the one the 1 per house hold rule since i made a fresh one. Do i have to choose which HC goes to what account or what? I never really got an answer to this and it's been bugging me for days
  17. Sakarab New Member

18. Roshen Brand Manager

If you look at the accounts you're curious about, do they have "Trial Heroic Character" listed when you use the link here?

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionDetails.action?gameCode=EQ
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

From what I've been told, if you have that your account is flagged and ready to go. :)
  20. Krazz New Member

Roshen, patch time determined yet? Want to re-arrange schedule for this. Hey thanks for the great job you're doing btw.