Whirling Dervish Fix

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ENLIGHTEND1, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlayingDaimon New Player

Block breaker if you know they are going to block. You might get countered but they take all the damage while in the field.
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

You thought the logical conclusion to my statement was that clipping should be removed. Obviously you have an agenda here. You've used just about every argument you could think of. Saying it is vulnerable to block so useless in challenges/duos/PvP? LOL. There are numerous powers vulnerable to block and any halfway decent play can find times to slip them in. The reason WD is useless in challenges/duos/PvP is that it consumes way too much power.

Were you actually here since day one? If so, you'd know all powers used to be able to freely clip each other. The very first thing they addressed was to make sure attack powers couldn't clip other attack powers. This isn't a grey area. It's as obvious as a channel being clipped and still giving the full effect. You know better. If other powers are just as bad, go ahead and name them. Let's get them fixed too.

And I'm no authority on the game, the devs are. That's why this thread is being posted in Arkham Asylum. Let them decide. They can always close the thread as resolved and say that it is working as intended. Obviously that's not going to happen, but only because WD is CLEARLY going against the clipping scheme they setup.
    • Like x 7
  3. FeelsGood New Player

I'll await a moderators response on this topic right now WD used to do this and was changed. Now it possible to do this again. Until a Dev or Moderator says anything about this neither party is right or wrong.

I wish people stopped arguing nerf or OP thing. No power or movement should be the same.
    • Like x 2
  4. Etho New Player

This power should under no circumstances be fixed, as it will completely break the super-speed movement mode, the scorecard that I am obsessed with, the game, and anything else that I can pull out of my [redacted].

Anyone who disagrees with me wants to see everything nerfed down to uselessness. There is no way that I, or anyone else can continue to play this game unless I am allowed to exploit this bug to the fullest. I am in no way overreacting over one measly power getting fixed in order to keep the integrity of the game intact.
    • Like x 5
  5. FANT0MEXX New Player

All they need to do is return wd to only be clip by support moves such as intim fiery weapon etc problem solved no nerf is needed
    • Like x 2
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

Is spont Combustion considered a support?
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

I've actually been thing about taking whirling dervish out of mu loadout. It takes so much power that its probably more beneficial to put something else in. I just need to figure out what FIRE move can replace it. has to be something I enjoy. SOmething fast and AoE. any suggestions so I can be prepared for the coming fix?
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Oh I love how this topic that was just posted has so many QQ'babys asking for more nerfs votes for it but the topics on the real bugs in this game. "the Arena "No Damage Bug" "," PvP Counters Bug" topics get so little votes.

• Like x 5
  9. FeelsGood New Player

this is my problem with the upvotes as well
    • Like x 1
  10. Dump Truck New Player

I agree. Bugs like tanks being debuffed by controllers or freezing often when creating a mod in the watchtower. With those bugs there is actually a victim and someone's experience playing the game suffers as a result. The things that effect a players experience should be the priority - mechanics where someone is on the receiving end or ones that cause freezing I find are more worthy of thumbs up votes.
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

I know we've been debating but here's a friendly tip to help those other causes. Create a thread in Battle for Legends with links to all PvP-related Arkham Asylum posts. It raises awareness and can drive upvotes.
    • Like x 1
  12. Steak Sauce New Player

Can someone explain to me how this is a bug? Or an exploit? Is it because it's an attack power that can be clipped with another attack power? Like every single hard light power? What am I missing here? You can clip all sorts of skills in this game, why the sudden cry for nerf?
    • Like x 2
  13. Itazuki New Player

It's because this power was NOT meant to do this.

It used to way back in the game, then the Devs patched it up and fixed it. Just recently in some update, it somehow went back to how it used to be when the Devs said it was broken.

IF the move was intentional then sure, it slipped by somehow though and wasn't.

People are acting like this has been around forever... Everyone did fine without it for the longest time now since it was fixed ages ago.
    • Like x 1
  14. zColdFire New Player

I like it when your use is with grenade launcher as a hard light. It is like a light show!
  15. Sore Steadfast Player

You can clip all sorts of skills in this game but there are rules to how that works. Might attack powers are not meant to be clipped by other might attack powers. That opens the doors for a power-spam free-for-all that I can assure you does not bode well for the game. As a matter of consistency and integrity, this isn't something you should have exceptions for.

Hard Light honors those rules. Hard Light starts with a might attack power but transitions into a precision construct combo through its unique mechanism. That transition is quicker than other powersets can make the transition from might damage to precision damage but that's not clipping. That's timing. And, you could make the argument that timing is out of balance. That timing is the sole reason Hard Light is a strong powerset. After you've transitioned to a precision construct, it's natural you can clip that with a might attack power. All precision weapon attacks can be clipped with a might attack power.
    • Like x 2
  16. Zim New Player

Why the heII do you care if someone is having a fun and doing damage with whirling dirvish. How does this affect you in any way? You gotta be flight to be crying over this. My main is flight and I could care less if someone is using WD.
    Instead of asking for this to be nerfed why cant you ask for similar powers to WD in the other movement modes be buffed and act like WD.
    • Like x 3
  17. ASH New Player

...lol how about removing the jump-clipping from gadget-feargas and lantern-fan first? ;)
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

Great mindset you have there. Power X is clearly working against the schemes the developers established and is exploitable. The solution? Give everyone an equally exploitable power. With your mindset we'd still have the pistol glitch, rifle glitch, bow glitch, CC trinket glitch, etc. Except it would be worse because you'd have them intentionally introduce more glitches.

I happen to be superspeed. I'm shedding no tears. Quite the opposite. I'm thinking clearly and rationally about what makes logical sense in the game. You're the one asking for a bug to be kept in the game so that you can keep exploiting it. You don't even attempt to make a case for why it isn't a bug. You only argue that it hurts nobody and should stay, while also attacking my intentions. I would actually venture that you're the one reacting emotionally. Your lack of logical arguments give you away on that. Clear your mind of the emotions associated with the fact that you like to use this exploit and maybe you'll see the logical path is quite obvious. Might attack powers are not intended to clip other might attack powers. It's as clear as night and day.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

There's a way to voice that feedback. Create a bug report for that. If it already exists THUMBS UP that bug report and not this one. I would never not report bug A just because I think bug B is more important. I'd simply report both bugs.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zim New Player

How do you know that this isnt even what they intended? WD is a movement mode power. Yes it is based of might, but it is NOT considered one of your regular tree powers. I think the devs meant that you couldnt clip your one might based attack tree power with another. Movement mode powers are a different story. And thats how I interpret it.

You can interpret it any way you want, and also make as much noise about it as you want. Its not like the DEVs dont know about it. Its ALL over the forums because of all the cry babies. And yet it stays the way it is now.

I am not going to argue with someone who clearly has an agenda. I could rattle off a few other might based attack powers from the actual power tree that can be clipped, but you dont wanna hear it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.