Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dump Truck New Player

We just need someone to post a 'nerf fireburst' thread and it will feel just like the old ones.
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

I'm On It!!! ;)

seriously joking
  3. Dump Truck New Player

Its a situational move...blah blah, it's overpowered because a fire dps beat me by 500k in gates.
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Can you guys let me know if your using different Home Turf mods than the ones I posted. I haven't had time to fully test them like I would prefer before posting.

I'm going to expand the guide now that I have the space so look forwards to new things like a section on the new role Damage Tank :eek:
  5. Dump Truck New Player

The ones in your post are what I am rocking. When I do tank I only put a tank chest on (which has core strength)
  6. Zim New Player

I use the absorption mods for my weapons. Everything else is similar to yours.
  7. OMAAR New Player

In all honesty fire needs a BUFF. For new contents that have high health/defense mobs fire rocks. But for easier ones instant cast powersets have the edge. I am hoping immolation, burning determination and the new consume objects to buffed to the roof.

Screw the whiners.
  8. Dump Truck New Player

Actually, I think the new powers will be a huge buff to our instant cast. Currently, instant cast is much stronger than spamming cast times in all level content (except ones where you must do range damage). That's why I laugh at all the nerf fireburst people. If you put two equally geared fire dps's in the same raid, one doing melee clipping with instant cast powers, the other spamming fireburst/mass det, the melee instant cast clipping fire dps will win every single time.

That said, the adjustments to immolation (granting burning if attacked) and fiery weapon (ads another burning dot) is like free damage. Basically with the same loadout melee clipping fire dps's run right now, we will get two free additional burning dots. Since this loadout is already the best way to run fire dps... it's like free damage.
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Hmm so you think we can stack 4 dots then maybe? Inferno, burning, overheat, fiery weapon?
  10. Dump Truck New Player

I hope so.

I'm really looking forward to testing it all out once it is live on PS3 - as I know you are too.
    If our instant cast loadout really did get a buff as it appears with the free dots, I'm sure other players will start nerf threads immediately after but maybe they will realize we were never smoking them on the scoreboard with only fireburst to begin with.

EDIT: And OMG, you need to try pugging Gates or lower more often running all DPS gear and the clipping loadout (plus tank chest with core stregnth if you want to hit the min suggested dom for Gates). People are dumbfounded when you're topping some of the other dps's. Sometimes they will inspect, but never complain if you're maintaining enough health and agro. The things people say at the end are hysterical.
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ya i'm loving the damage tank build so much i'm doing a whole new section on it.
  12. Hoshizaki New Player

Awesome Soulburn! Glad to see everything transitioned over, pumped about your updates! Keep up the great work :D

PS - And YES! These new mods are pretty house for fire, the core strength is teh awesomeness, gives the term "soloing" a whole new meaning lol
  13. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Thanks buddy! Still working on getting everything moved over, Hope to be done by tomorrow maybe.
  14. OMAAR New Player

Inferno, burning(meteor) and burning determination?

I can't imagine how cool it would be to activate BD jump in close and start wailing while everything close starts to tick.
  15. The M New Player

Overheat last only 5 seconds. Not enough time to do damage.
    Dots should last longer
  16. TrueMarvel New Player

WOw really? ok not worth it.
  17. The M New Player

Yes, also ice armor now gives 50% damage buff for the duration. Thats almost 1 min.
    As fire, we won´t have a damage increase for that long.
  18. The M New Player

Also, ice shields now adds dom+resto. I posted a topic that burning determination should be more like reflect, since we have no mitigation. If we don´t have mitigation, we should be deadly in damage as a tradeoff.
  19. Dump Truck New Player

True, I'd love to have a 1 minute buff... too bad the only thing anyone can ever focus on is fireburst.
  20. The M New Player

Fireburst now ticks only 4 times. The damage is not great, they reduced it, and it splits with more than 4 mobs look like.