Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dump Truck New Player

I've been doing this for the past few months wearing full T4 DPS gear and one piece of tank gear (chest with core strength). I do have all the damage, tank, and healing innates though (158 sp). I can't say how effective with less. Players don;t notice the difference too much during gameplay... only through the scoreboard at the end. My ceiling so far was 780k dmg out in a 26 min gates run - that is with a sugar cookie. Those pugging that raid with me were in denial...

EDIT: I don't recommend trying that until you are used to the mechanics and have a good healer with you. Buffed up damage wearing dps gear in tank stance with the innates is still high enough for most raids of Gates level and lower to avoid instant death.
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

DT im hoping me and you can work together on my new section for damage tank, im looking forward to perfecting it
  3. Burnt New Player

Speaking of sugar cookies, do you find it better to use them or the level IV sodas?
  4. Dump Truck New Player

Can't really compare... I try to not use exobytes on soders whenever possible. I accumulated about 100 sugar cookies with the last seasonal since I had most all the feats. Might as well use them.
  5. Burnt New Player

I have some piled up. I don't know why I don't use them. I figured I would at some point but I don't have any other use for bits but to make sodas with so I've stuck with what's been working.
  6. Unknown New Player

Is that before or after the revamp? I mean, is it still true?
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

i didn't do any spreadsheets but just based on numbers im seeing with 1600 might buffed 50% and fiery weapon active these are the damage ranges im seeing with fireburst (with burning pi)

low end of non crits 230ish
    high end of non crits 450ish

low end of crits 450ish
    high end of crist just under 1k

scaled up to T4 level i think these numbers are pretty reasonable not overly impressive but still viable
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

spontaneous combustion procs up to 3 times per target plus and an initial damage cast damage as strong as the dots so it still hits 4 times like before

again no spreadsheets but these are the damage ranges im seeing with 1600 might buffed 50%
    low end no crit 80ish
    high end no crit 100ish

low end crit 100ish
    high end crit 200ish

the initial cast is an AoE tho so its potential dps is better thanks to this

also you have to get the procs off before the power has finished cooling down or they wont go off
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

overheat has a single target initial cast hit and then 7 dots, the initial hit is a little stronger than the dots

the damage im seeing on the test server with 1600 might buffed 50%
    low end non crits 40ish
    high end non crits 80ish

low end cirts 80ish
    high end crits 160ish
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

I heard that overheat is a single target, but the "waves" emitting from the add, damages surronding adds. Is that untrue?
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

ya only the initial hit part is single target and then it i guess spreads out from your target to others. so your target gets 8 hits, surrounding targets get 7 hits
  12. TrueMarvel New Player

Interesting.
    Unrelated: I wonder when Odysseys will do a new Ice Test server video
  13. Kristyana New Player

You mean now fire isn't the weakest powerset in the game? Blasphemy.
  14. Dump Truck New Player

That means Ice failed their mission.
  15. Random Hero New Player

to those who are in the test server, i was wondering if from your experience there a RANGED fire dps load is still going to be viable for pve
  16. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Well it depends. What is your playstyle? If you want fast damage with like rifle or bow.
    Inferno, Spontaneous Combustion, Detonate, Overheat, Snuff Out are all fast ranged powers.
    Mass Det and Fireburst are still viable and if you go with the 60% enduring damage you can get some pretty hard weapon hits in after setting up some dots with inferno/spont combustion/overheat

- i dont like the droped meteor btw unless you want a small aoe ranged attack to setup burning instead of spont combustion, its just to slow for single target damage with the change to detonate
  17. Kristyana New Player

Yeah, that's one thing I'm wishing they changed. At the very least make it so the meteor that spawns in your hands doesn't explode on impact. Very rarely is the thrown object the cause of LOS issues, it's the dropped one. Now you have to actually drop the meteor if a mental user wants to chuck it.
  18. Scorpion Well-Known Player

On the test server I would say if you just doing solo content, duos, or even alerts you should use
    Fireball, absorb heat, overheat, wildfire, inferno, firey weapon
    you can stack 4 quick DoTs and absorb heat does good single target damage.
    Thats for range works good with bow or rifle.

as for raids hard to tell I would have to test out the new fireburst in more situations but mass det seems unchanged so its always an option.
  19. Burnt New Player

So firing over heat into a mob of adds will give you a pretty good shot at lighting up everyone in that mob?
    I'm thinking...if I pull adds into inferno with backdraft weapon combo over heat then blow them out with flashpoint it may be a good way to spread dots. Thoughts?
  20. Kristyana New Player

I thought Overheat just behaved like Electrogenesis on a single target? Does it actually spread or apply burning?