Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Its spreads DoTs to nearby targets but I'm pretty sure its a unique dot and not a burning pi dot
  2. Kristyana New Player

Shoot - now THAT could have added a lot more fun
  3. Kaio Active Player

Great guide. Atm Im running Inferno, Burnout, Backdraft, Flashpoint, Meteor Strike, Reignition on my Tank. That seem like a viable loadout? Recently i was debating getting rid of Backdraft or Flashpoint and replacing it with Snuffout, or maybe Mass Det, but im not sure if the power usage is worth it, pumping out a flash point every 3 seconds does anywhere from 75-100 dmg per person, so im just unsure if the ends justify the means. Any suggestions.
  4. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

It doesn't cause or spread burning.
  5. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

It's not really an AoE than it is an aura. It's quite crazy, actually. If you get your target near adds who aren't affected during the initial casting, well, they are now. Also, if you didn't have a target beforehand when you cast Spontaneous Combustion, YOU yourself can do the spreading.
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ya its a crazy power, I did do a little bit of testing, if there are a few close together when you target at at distance they all were getting the initial first hit, but I also noticed if you cast it and then run up to people it spreads to them, or if they come close to your target it spreads 2. This one will take a lot of testing to figure out how it works exactly.
  7. Random Hero New Player

thanks for the advice definitely goning to give this a try once world is back up
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

For Tank I would drop Meteor Strike for Burning Determination for more heals, but after the update if your using Meteor just for ranged juggles the new Flame Cascade is pretty sweet for a AoE ranged juggle.

Snuffout and Mass Det are DPS powers and I wouldn't run them in Tank Stance.
  9. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

No need to test a lot of times. Just think of it as Overheat but instead of spreading more DoTs on nearby enemies (burning aside), it spreads more Spontaneous Combustion, or Overcharge if you want a comparison. Best part? Doesn't split damage. ;D
  10. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Think of overheat like enflame but instead of casting it on yourself you cast in on an enemy any other enemy that comes in contact with the one you casted it also gets burned
  11. Kaio Active Player

Ive debating Burning Det, Meteor just smashes everything so hard though! I suppose if im tanking in a group it just gets in the way. Are they lowering cast time on Flame Cascade, i have it, just never use it lol.
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ya its not a wind up anymore. Just as an example with spont comb and flamecascade i knocked the training dummy clear across the room because in tank stance the spont combustion procs will send people flying on top of being juggled.
  13. Kristyana New Player

This makes me feel happy in the pants
  14. Aqua New Player

Think there's any chance we'll be able to get fireburst and snuff out in switched positions since they lowered its modifier?

Still pretty excited despite all the negative stuff surrounding this update lol hopefully they continue taking our feedback.
  15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I doubt it. I'm hoping we get some fixes following release as well. I really wanted them to delay release for another week.
  16. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Is it worth mentioning that, unlike most powers, Overheat does the same damage on the intended target even if the DoTs on other adds split damage? For an exaggerated example, target is surrounded by 100 adds, DoTs end up dealing 1 and 2 damage, but the target still gets 60-90 damage per tick.
  17. Kristyana New Player

That's good!

So it looks like Fire as a whole now is going to be more about sustained damage instead of burst damage, similar to Nature and Electricity. Because of this, I wanted to see what exactly stacked and what didn't.

The burning tic from Meteor, Enflame/Immo combo'd into Flashpoint, Spontaneous Combustion, Flame Cascade, and Fireball do NOT stack. They all inflict the Burning dot but it appears all of these get overwritten by each other.

Reignition is its own DOT that stacks with everything

Inferno is its own DOT that stacks with everything

Reignition has some interesting effects in that it seems to refresh the burning DOT on any stack after its last tic. For example, I cast both Inferno and Reignition at the same time to see if they stacked, and Inferno not only did its normal tics of damage but continued for 11 tics after Reignition's burning ended. Not saying Reignition should be used in a DPS loadout, just something of note.

It also looks like Spontaneous Combustion refreshes its own burning every time it "explodes" or transfers it to a new target.

Also, contrary to what some others were saying, Flashpoint only does the extra damage if Immolation or Enflame are active, and not if your target is just generically on fire.
  18. TrueMarvel New Player

I heard it it is a new dot
  19. Kristyana New Player

It is. This means it appears you can stack 4 dots on a single target (5 if you use a supercharge)

Enflame
    Any of the above listed powers in the burning category
    Inferno
    Overheat
    Reignition if you have the supercharge to burn, but I wouldn't use it in a DPS loadout outside of maybe PVP

Knowing this, I think my starting loadout is going to be Enflame, Flashpoint, Overheat, Inferno, and Fiery Weapon. I'm debating on putting either Mass Det/Fireburst with the Damage mod and only use it every 20 seconds or so to refresh that buff or to go with Spontaneous Combustion for the extra damage from targets exploding. That way I can have all 4 DOTs going at once
  20. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Kris how exactly does that enduring damage mod work do you know? I was on a month break and then went on vacation and haven't had time to test all the home turf stuff properly.

If you use a 60% and get the buff does it go away as soon as you use a non 60% power, or are you locked into 60% no matter what you do for 20 seconds?