Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

www.youtube.com/user/alphasps3

check out the gates speed runs part 1 and 2. it shows me using the SS Clipping loadout with onehanded

its an old video but it should give you a good idea
    • Like x 1
  2. Dump Truck New Player

Hey Soul or other tester,
    How is firebrust hitting on the test server vs frostblast. I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping that instead of removing the additional PI from fire, it is being implimented equally for ice. (but I won;t hold my breath since it's now called a bug) If the former is true, I assume mass det will be the go to in a ranged DPS loadout. (and hopefully it's consistency improved) But how are Fireburst/frostblast looking numbers wise on test?
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I asked Drift to run the numbers on the 2. It sounds to me like the devs want them to hit them same even tho fireburst is lower in the tree. It was still hitting for 8 tick last night so whenever they fix that (today i think) ill run some damage tests on fireburst anyway
  4. Radium Devoted Player

Fire Burst isn't lower in the tree though, they're both tier 4 powers.
  5. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Oh? my bad, i thought it only took 3 power points to get to frostblast and 4 to get to fireburst
  6. Burnt New Player

Nice videos there. I noticed you didn't use flashpoint all that often, do you normally use it more? I like to pepper that in clipping flurry a lot :) I think it'll be much better for me in the future as well because of the fact that adds getting blown out of my inferno circle now will continue to burn. Although to be honest there's normally not too much of them left after weapon combo / WD / weapon combo / flash point but it would be nice to leave what's left ticking. I'm thinking about adding backdraft into the loadout because of the continued ticks from inferno. I figure the more adds I can pull in to inferno the better if they'll continue to burn. What do you think? I'm still new to the SS clipping thing and I'm trying different loadouts and rotations all the time. One more thing I gotta ask...do you just forget to use your trinket? lol :)
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

Use to think the same thing. Radium I think told me whats up. Apparently there was no logocal reason at all for why Frostblast was weaker than fireburst. I was shocked.
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

I generally use backdraft and flashpoint more often then soul did in that video. Backdraft can get some surprisingly high ticks. I'm surprised soul didn't use the one-handed back swipe more often. Tho its probably because that video was taken back before we all knew what type of clipping potential it had.
  9. Dump Truck New Player

There isn't... though I wish frostblast got the 4 additional pi ticks instead of the other way around. Nobody wins with the choice the devs made.
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

Fireburst is the ideal situational move. It cause just enough damage that the Risk vs Reward Factor was fairly balanced. Now with this update, The risk of fireburst FAR OUTWIEGHS the reward. Not worth taken up space in my loadout. Not worth wasting a powerpoint on.
  11. Burnt New Player

Yea, I'm lovin the big hits I get from flashpoint. It seems I get more crits than not with it crushing everything around me. I happen to lay a little heavy on the might side. 2116 might and 476 precision. I use flex sodas to balance it out some. He did say it was an old video so he may use it more now.
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

lol i think you can tell i tank 90% of the time, my dps skill aren't 2 great in that video, used fireburst way to much, i think that was from when I was still learning the SS clipper myself and transitioning away from fireburst
  13. Burnt New Player

LOL First one in the hall. I was like "what's he thinking??"
  14. XxFlarEBurstxX New Player

I'm still learning to use the ss clipping loadout but it is outrageously powerful. i have t3-t3.5 dps gear and i beat another fire dps (who was spamming fireburst with full t4 gear) by over 400k damage.

It is extremely powerful, but from what i can tell it eats up an insane amount of power, and since your extremely close to the action you to the action you take a lot of damage. without okay healers and trolls it doesn't seem to work well for me.

I've been using:

one handed- square square hold square

and then clipping it with

fiery weapon
    inferno
    whriling dervish
    flashpoint
    enflame

with speed drain as a supercharge for when powers low.

I start with my fiery weapon and then go into the one handed combo, clip with inferno, one handed combo, clip with dervish, clip dervish with flashpoint, one handed combo, enflame, one handed combo, clip with dervish, clip dervish with fiery weapon, and then start all over.

Is this clipping loadout good, anyone have any suggestions for me that can make it better if they think its bad?
  15. Dump Truck New Player

Want to really have some fun? try it in tank stance with enough tank gear to meet the minimum dom, throw backdraft in your loadout (for either inferno or enflame) and a movement pull. Do it in something easy like FOS 3 to start. You will need to block at times... but hella fun.
  16. TrueMarvel New Player

What happens? Major damage out?
  17. Dump Truck New Player

When I do this I usually top the dps's... as the tank. with no loss of agro.
  18. XxFlarEBurstxX New Player

lol im full t4tank with over 1000 dom. ill give it a try. should i spec into any healing skills with my sp other than dom and health? beelcause the only move that will heal me is backdraft. well firey weapon can heal a little but no where near backdraft.
  19. Radium Devoted Player

That bolded part is where the misconception of the clip rotation being power hungry comes from.

That move is just so quick that you end up just stacking and stacking and stacking in the time it takes another person to pull off a combo.

Trolls want to know why DPS are power hungry all the time? It's not the power set, its Spin Chop.
  20. TrueMarvel New Player

Hmmmmmmmmm.
    [IMG]