Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. The M New Player

Mass detonation damage is still random =/
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

DARN IT! Id rather they remove the blasted thing. It was semi-useful before. Its is worthless now.
  3. Dump Truck New Player

The more I watch the videos the less I am interested in overheat and the more I am in spontanious combustion's new interaction. Since Fiery Weapon (right now) only will give one proc of extra damage (and WD is cancellable by everything making the need of a support power useless) I'm curious as to how much extra damage spontanious combustion will net in a melee clipping loadout vs. another type of burning effect.

Wouldn't it be hysterical if Ice ended up getting every power interacting exactly like fires (which is what they want) except for Spont Combust which goes under the radar as the most overpowered thing fire has post fireburst.
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

ill be on the test server tonight but alpha told me it only procs while the power is on cooldown which was like 3 or 4 seconds
  5. Dump Truck New Player

Awesome. Wish I could too but I'm an Apple cpu guy
    (Yes I know I could run bootcamp but thats a lot of work)
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Overheat only does extra damage with immolation active on the initial hit which is single target, from there the dots are spread to nearby targets, the dots are not affected by the immolation pi

Fiery Weapon seems to only proc 1 maybe 2 times for a very small amount of extra damage

I think from my playing Spontaneous Combustion is going to fit the SS Clipper rotation great, the more targets you hit while its active the more it can proc. So tap x3 one handed will get sweet.

Detonate is basically frost snipe now, crazy fast, good damage, fast cool down, this will probably make its way into a ranged dps loadout for sure. You can pop it onto the end of fireburst with no lost dps for like a free 5th tick.
  7. Dump Truck New Player

I'm officially excited for this update then. thanks.

Is Spont Combust proc only with weapon damage or will might damage trigger it as well?
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Procs with might based damage as well..... I think I found my new fav power :)
  9. Dump Truck New Player

10. Solarstar New Player

Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll be a Fire DPS (... or even use the Fire Powerset) if these changes ever come out live.
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

lol it can proc with fireburst we might get some of our fireburst damage back after all if you use them both :p
  12. Solarstar New Player

I've tried the PI's with Fireburst on a few groups of mobs in the Joker & Riddler T3 Challenges... it's not good.
  13. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ya its not gonna be what it was but honestly it had been reduced to bosses only after the damage split so it isnt going to be a huge loss, welcome to the weapon clipping instant cast powers age of fire
  14. Solarstar New Player

... and the death of actual Fire DPS.

Looks like I'll be going to Electric once more.
  15. Dump Truck New Player

bye

In all honesty though, don't be so negative. The mexican jumping bean as you refer to it has been going on long before HL. It's just another style of playing and to be honest, I find it much more interactive and fun than casting fireburst, taking a sip of coffee, and recasting. You might like it.
  16. Kristyana New Player

In all honesty, while fire may be getting a nerf in the fireburst department, the only people who say they're going to jump powers are just looking for a new FOTM and that number on the scoreboard is the only thing they have that feeds their ego. I like the fact that Dump Truck and Soulburn are trying to find other ways to make up or minimize the lost damage instead of just going "lol fire is **** gg devs"

Good players are able to put up insane damage numbers regardless of the powerset. It will be no different with good fire players. There is no content in this game that's hard enough where the change to Fireburst will be the make or break point on clearing it.
    • Like x 3
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

That's awesome.*mind blown *
  18. Dump Truck New Player

Truer words were never spoken.

I'm excited to try this spont combust... my only concern is speccing into it. Something will have to be given up.
    Speccing into the ignition tree I count 5 power points leaving either mass det or snuff out off and grabbing FB.
    In the Immolation tree 7 points skipping a SC and grabbing Spont and Inferno and leaving overheat off.
    That's leaving two points for damage innates and one power point left over.

It looks like either way you spec, you're not going to grab the best of everything. (Inferno, Mass D, Snuff Out, Spontanious Combust, Overheat, FB) Not that it's a bad thing, just something I noticed.
  19. Burnt New Player

Right on. I avoided SS clipping for a long time because it just seemed like too much trouble. I have recently made the flip and ill never look back. The damage increase I've seen is amazing. I don't miss flying at all and never use fireburst now :)
  20. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Are there any videos and of people using the super speed clipper load out? All i see on YouTube is fireburst spams. I switched to super speed for wd and I'm switching between one handed and staff right now. On the easier instances i really don't have much of a problem but on the harder ones I'd like to see how some of you guys get it done