Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Mystic Symbol of the Seven and Manacles of Force are mandatory for all tanks. Your third artifact is going to depend on your playstyle but I personally use Everyman Prototype.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just my opinion, but I use Mystical Symbol of the Seven and Everyman Trinket for my first 2, these seem to be universally liked by tanks, but for the 3rd you seem to have differing schools of thought. I normally run Manticles of Force for bosses or Elite (it protects against massive hits just short of one-shots), but I do have a lasso I swap out for manticles for handling hallway adds or add heavy boss fights (like Ares fight in ToTD or the Forge creature in FI), however I use the iconic lasso normally for ST pull. IF you do not use it, it might not be a good fit, but it is great for adds(and fun!)...it does nothing for bosses though so beware if it's one of your 'primary' artis. You could use Distuil (SP?) Refractor as well, or use an EOG if you wanted to do a Supercharge build, but I don't use SC on my tank, so I can't comment on how effective it is Eternal Flame is great, but at 10K, it's expensive to use and I tend to hit it at the wrong times too often, so I took it out. I know several tanks who use EOG and seem to have good luck with it.

Manticles is tricky if you have a bad healer, or your healer drops as sometimes those returning damage ticks combined with 'current' damage can be a challenge, Refractor might be a good swap out for that if you don't want to depend on a healer to fill in the gaps your natural Fire healing leaves out.

There are a ton of videos on Artis out there, so don't go solely of what any single person says(especially me...I'm not an expert)....it's a lot of money (or time) to level artis so you want to make sure you have something that fits and works for you. If you have the means (a game ready PC/Laptop) you can set up a free account and go on test and really play around to get a feel for it. You can get all artis full to 200 or whatever you want to test at(if you weren't planning on getting to 200 right away).
  3. L T Devoted Player

I actually think Everyman is more important then Manacles for Fire Tanks. The defense buff based on health is complemented by Fire's high health and, unlike Manacles, it doesn't have a cool down.
  4. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I'm using all three: Mystic Symbol of the Seven and Manacles of Force and Everyman Prototype. I think all three are the best for Tank Fire with equal value. And Manacles of Force has other advantages that are: All [Shield] cooldowns are reduced by 10% and Unshakable triggers that reset the cooldown of Immolation.
  5. L T Devoted Player

I'm not suggesting Manacles is not a good artifact. I'm pretty sure most tanks use those three artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  6. Bubbla Active Player

A few thoughts. Mystic is highly encouraged for a lot of tanks but certain powers it’s unnecessary. Best basic arts for fire are manacles, mystic, Everyman. If you are fight bosses or adds that hit super hard, I would never remove manacles…ever. If you are tanking adds, sure (as they generally aren’t proccing it. For bosses with limited or no adds drop mystic for refractor, gem, or trans if you actually like really self healing. If lots of adds (that don’t proc manacles) drop manacles for gem or maybe scrap (spam perfect poise) or refractor.

Edited to say mystic not manacles up top.