Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Korlick Loyal Player

Im still using Dom n Health on my blues. But thats because i use 2 shields. And with my SP i go heavy on Health and Resto.
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Ah...ok. Im at 13.1k precision, but im not fully geared (missing rings, u belt, legs, feet, face and weapon) so im missing a good amount of prec from gear and mods. But...when i was fully geared in the previous DLC i was doing a lot more damage than with the PFTT loadout. Got sick and tired of cast bars and channeled powers. WE is much more fun.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

It is very fun to play WE focus. No argument there. I wonder if I was modded precision wise if I could parse the same as I am now 20k plus on multi targets and 10k plus on single target per 10 seconds. I may never know, since modding and gen mods was such a grind to reach almost 23k base might on my PFTT builds.
    • Like x 1
  4. L T Devoted Player

Unless you insist on running with hard light shield and immolation and trying to be active like that, I'd go straight health in the blues. Resto and Health in the yellows is probably a good bet no matter what your play style is.
    • Like x 2
  5. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I run 2 tanks, 1 healing (resto based) and the other shields. Both work well.
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

thx, i guess you are right... the one shield fire has isnt that strong anyways i guess, and hardlight shield is strong enough even without the dominance... i will try it out ^^ the other question is for the base generator mods: did you use restoration or dominance? both go into yellow support slots ^^ i suppose that resto is a bit better because we are focused on a big pool and healing back dammage, right?
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Yeah. That was my main concern when i was thinking in switching. Was gonna use the revamp kits to change the mods but then i remember i had lots of materials to craft new ones (cause i only mod main).
    Thing is...with a precision build you need a troll to be fully effective. Right now i dont remember the exact %, but you get a precision buff from them. So...if the Troll is bad, your damage will be affected.
    As a PFTT build if Troll is bad you just take a soda and good to go.
    • Like x 1
  8. L T Devoted Player

Yeah all your heals are restoration based, so I'd go full resto in the generator.
    • Like x 1
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

that depends on you. playing WE, i get the best results when using only twelfe and 18 second CD powers for shields and heals.
    you will not need much power (cant spend much anyways) and to have a full power bar is essential to allways get the troll buff.
    i made a thread about my experience when i switched from super powered PFTT to WE. it might help others, here is the link:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/going-we-report.293502/
    • Like x 1
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes i know. It is not very common to not get the buff. But ive been in raids with really bad trolls (pug wild world) and i had to adapt to that and my numbers reflect that.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

noteworthy: in alerts, you will allmost never have a troll to buff you in the team.
  12. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Dom plays no part in healing for fire now?
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Restoration does. Not Dom.
  14. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Surely this is a bug considering the tool tip.
  15. L T Devoted Player

It does help heals, just not as much as restoration does. Restoration helps shields, just not as much as dominance.

Fire now lacks any dominance specific mechanic -- no more health buff based on dom-- so in general you're better off focusing on straight health or health and resto
    • Like x 1
  16. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

From the tool tips.

Restoration is combined with Dominance to determine the potency of healing and shield abilities.

Healing = Base Healing Multiplier * (30% Restoration + 25% Dominance).

Shield = Base Shield Multiplier * (112.5% Restoration + 150% Dominance)
    • Like x 2
  17. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Yh just tested it. No sp in resto or dom SF was ticking around 2700. 195 in dom ticks went to 3000+. 195 in resto pushing closer to 3100.

I certainly won’t be changing mods for those numbers.

Had me worried there for a second.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I can’t back this up with numbers, but a reason to perhaps consider dominance over restoration is the affect two artefacts now have. The original tank one grants a health buff based off your dominance every time you cast a pull move. The newer supercharge one grants various dominance and health percentage buffs at various levels. You can’t utilise any restoration from the healer type artefact.

Just a tidbit whilst I’m here, I dug out my old Tom Bot trinket I got as an anniversary gift I believe? Interestingly, it grants a 5% health buff for while. Might be useful in tank stance if your lucky to own one?
  19. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Thanks for this. Those difference in numbers just don’t seem worth writing home about.
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Yep. Another slap in the face to precision builds.
    • Like x 1