Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Yeah love AH. Especially on bosses that move alot or lunge. Stays locked on. Does good damage...and as consistent as all get out. Also, with the empowered channeling mod I can keep doing damage through boss attacks with the V on almost every regular raid boss. Really makes up 4 not having Max damage mod.
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Yeah, absorbing Heat is a great power and it is funny in Rise of the bat staying locked on ninjas.
  3. tyrose Level 30

I have a question. a friend of mine told me that mass det now works with the enpowered channeling mod? Is this true?
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I do not see Mass Det on the list. It's cast is so fast it's not really needed for it. The only 'fire' related powers EC is good for is Absorb Heat and Heat Vision.
  5. L T Devoted Player

But it's *really* good for those two abilities. Enemies are programmed to lunge channelers a high percent of the time... it's funny when you don't get interrupted.
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

But they've countered that with enemies that interrupt you from a distance.
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Maybe it's just me, I think Fire needs some adjustments. I would like to know what other Fire users are parsing on multiple targets per 10/sec.
    My rotation I am running is a bit power hungry, but I manage. My rotation goes...
    Meteor Strike, Fireburst, Mass Det, Wildfire, Detonate, Fireburst, Wildfire. I use neo venom as SC in instances.
    I am running at 22.3k might and 31k power and getting averages of 17k to mid 18k's sometimes 19 to 20k. What are you other fire toons getting?
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Showing 3 of my builds for Fire DPS. Parses decent. Does great in end gane content. Multi Targets very power hungry but manageable most the time. Single Target with HV is pretty OP (we will see what happens with HV nerf). Precision Build is Fun to use and surprisingly does pretty good damage.

9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Full run of PanR with Fire DPS with 2 loadouts I use. Top damage against Electric DPS with 309sp versus my 219sp as a Fire DPS. The electric player is a leaguemate and a great DPS player.

10. Wanderer New Player

WesPype3679 - This is my first post here, so I have no idea how to quote you... that said, I have been checking out this forum for some time now, and I'm glad to see that you have found a loadout that works for you. I won't be copying it on the toon that I was going to make my main after I discovered the joys of tanking in DCUO, but either way, it's good that Fire will have some options left after the heat vision nerf. Tbh I have already removed it from my fire toon's loadout, replacing it with Stoke Flames simply because it's one of the few burning PI's that's not awful and I need the make enemies burn so that Burnout will knock them down (this is a no shield loadout that I'm using...). But yeah, if there is to be life after heat vision, we are going to have to get creative and again, I'm glad you finally found what you were looking for. Just wanted to say that.
    • Like x 1
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Wanderer, to quote someone's post, just hit the little Reply button at the bottom right of the post you want to quote. it'll copy the post to the text box at the bottom as a quote. You can quote multiple posts in one reply this way, and if you read up on BBCode, you'll learn about all the interesting things you can do to a forum post (though what works or is allowed varies from one forum to the next, depending on which version of BBCode it uses and which commands are enabled/disabled)
    • Like x 1
  12. L T Devoted Player

Stoke Flames and Enflame are both strong DOTs, but both are melee range ones.

Heat Vision's "Nerf" isn't really a total nerf. It now costs 2/3 thirds of the power it used to (if you got all your damage ticks) and it's quite a bit faster. I haven't taken it off of my load out bar.
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Do you think SF and Enflame are strong DOTs overall (compared to other powerset DOTs) or the strongest for Fire. I've long abandoned alot of DOT usage. I mainly use SF just to clip with. I kind of thought the DOTs overall for Fire were weak. What I need to do is go to Test and test them versus others. I havent in awhile. Last I did they were some of the worst.
  14. Wanderer New Player

L T - I'm going to take what you say into consideration because I respect what you did in that tanking thread... I haven't had any issues with fire tanking personally, but I also haven't go into DWF on that toon and the new raids are quite a bit simpler lol... that said, I guess I kind like not using Heat Vision in my fire dps loadout now... or at least, I don't dislike the change that much. All I did was replace it with Stoke Flames just so that I had a burning PI that wasn't Meteor Strike (which is awful even though the knockdown helps in a loadout that has no shield), Stoke Flames has the advantage of helping me stay alive and also damaging enemies in alerts, since damn near every power has some kind of detaunt that causes me to get tons of aggro and wind up in melee range regardless of what I'm trying to do. So in this early stage of setting up a post HV loadout, it's fine. I can't test the changes first hand, but from what I've read the damage got cut in half. That doesn't sound like something I can justify continuing to use, but I may change my mind once it goes live.

velvetsanity - unfortunately that didn't work... :s Maybe I have to change some settings or something but I'll figure it out eventually. Every forum is a new adventure, right? lol
  15. L T Devoted Player

In my testing most Range DOT abilities did about 85 average base damage. Quantum's did only 78, but did the damage faster. Electrocute also does 78, but can benefit from a PI. Wintry tempest also does 78. Psychic Prison did 96, but it's not ranged. Inferno did 90 average damage in my testing. Enflame did 94 average in my testing (same as bitter winds). The only other 12+ tick DOT that did more damage was Electrogenesis (92)-- but you miss half of that if one of the targets dies early.

So yeah, Fire's DOT's are fairly strong. Not OP-nerf-it strong, but as strong as Ice and Electric and stronger than Sorcery, quantum, and Earth.

Nature has the strongest DOTs, but that's Nature's thing.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Yeah meteor strike is for building supercharge. It's super-weak on damage. Generally, the superchage builders are useful for support roles (tanks can only really use them between boss fights) and scoreboard-chasers who are going to use supercharges on adds between bosses.

Stoke Flames isn't a huge DPS ability-- but it does decent damage at melee range only and helps wish survival some. I thought its numbers were in the neighborhood of Enflame and Inferno but I can't find them in my notes right now so maybe not. Stoke Flames isn't great for setting up burning if you're not a Tank. I use a mix of Inferno, Stoke Flames, and Heat Vision for setting things on fire in my default load out.
    • Like x 1
  17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Ok. Cool good ro know. Thanks LT for your response. I have still yet to find a good PFTT with DOT's build that matches the damage I already do. For my precision build i swapped inferno out with Enflame and the damage was a bit stronger.
  18. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Snuff Out is a beautiful thing for single target. The numbers I was seeing on the testing dummy were pretty lackluster, even after damaging it down below 35%, but then I decided to take it into Panopticon. The results were nice.
  19. tyrose Level 30

is there any way to get meteor if you throw it, to hit reliably? I can make a decent loadout to hit for an extra 3-4k on a 10 sec phase with 3 targets. but that only works on training dummys. in alerts and raids everything seems to block it. pets, other players, etc.
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Fire has that issue of abilities missing. I never use that ability personally, so I wasnt aware that it did that.