going WE report

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stärnbock, Dec 25, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

PFTT is the most convenient way to produce the highest dammage as easy as possible. it is boring to me.
    so i decided to go full precision and try out WE. and it has made the game interesting in a way i didn't expect.
    first, you need to learn how to activate and keep running all your buffs while in combat, and there are many:

weapon buff: must allways be in cooldown, in some cases it is better to break a combo and clip it...
    neck mod: combo counter must be over 9 to activate, you will need to bring it there fast and hold it.
    artefacts: the effect is activated after hitting with a WM, you may want to combine that with the above...
    next artefacts: sparing AI will activate after a counter. not sure how often that realy happens... react ^^
    troll buff: outside of raids, you will allmost never have one. try to allways have the highest power bar.

well, all those buffs need to activate fast and stay active all the time, all while fighting melee for numbers!
    using a lot of shields would be helpfull to do that, a heal, the breakout and imunity help too.
    just make sure your power pool is allways one of the highest in your group if running with a troll.
    neo venom boost seems to be the best SC choice for WE and lead to another buff usefull at some point.
    not sure if supply drops buff, but it helps at points where your power is low to go there if possible.

to me, it is challenging but exciting to play like this, even though i still end waaay back on the scoreboard ^^
    if i have a perfect run with everything, being well equipped with gear and mods, a PFTT still destroys me.
    one more thing: if low on SP's, super powered is the better option because combos eat a lot of SP....
    • Like x 6
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Welcome to the party :-D Yeah always being bottom dps sucks but it’s just so much fun that I can’t stop. xD
    • Like x 1
  3. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

If you spec with dual wield gadgets WE. You can excel and out perform other powers in elite content.
    • Like x 3
  4. Isif Committed Player

Yes. Welcome to the Darkside. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yes, when buffed completely I can get like 17,000 precision.

I like using staff, Rifle flurry and smokebomb of course.

I think the highest smokebomb has been close to 50k
    • Like x 1
  6. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

I've narrowed it down to three weapons.
    1. Bow Smokebomb. Best for up close, multiple targets.
    2. Martial arts HB uppercut. Strongest single target up close weapon attack.
    3. Dual wield flurry, explosive shot. Flurry for strongest single target from long range. Explosive shot is decent on multiple add from long range.
    All of other weapon mastery combos are pretty bad. I don't think making the other weapon combos stronger would even make a difference. It's due to practicality. Other weapon combos either don't have as good a field of vision as bow smokebomb, and aren't as strong. Or they take to long to land, to much dancing around.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

One more factor. Timing. The 1hand tap tap hold hits very hard, but it's awkward.

Kind of why most trolls used MA into shrunken and currently HB into solar flame.

Timing has a lot to do with what weapons people pick also. I was very disappointed that none of the weapons, or masteries, were adjusted during revamp.
    • Like x 1
  8. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Unfortunately if WE was done right then none of the extras should have been necessary. Getting tired of the yoyo at this stage: WM bonus taken away, but now you need to use a WM move to activate the WE focused Artifact?

WE should have been made so that normal wep attacks hit far harder than Powers, but the tradeoff is theyre single target. The longer a combo (EG Brawlings Haymaker) the more dmg that last hit did. WM attacks should have been reduced to aesthetic only, still hits hard ofc, but theyre impractical past duos and (some) alerts. Them being a requirement is a joke.

Example of what I mean (figures obviously made up on the spot):

CR227 Earth Power DPS vs CR227 WE Brawling DPS. Against 3 adds.

Earth Power DPS jumps into the middle of the 3 adds and starts Jackhammer. Each hit of Jackhammer scores 2000-3000 dmg against each add till they KO.

WE Brawling DPS starts Haymaker, First hit is 3000, second 5000, third 7000, fourth 9000 and the Haymaker hits for 17000.

Might seem like a hefty jump at the end there but keep in mind this would be without the "Cone Dmg" that barely ever works because adds dont stand in one spot all the time. This was what was being described as the update for weapons during the start of the revamp and it just didnt happen. Right now if you dont want to use a WM move or it doesnt suit your toon, its "tough luck, you have to". Hell, Brawlings only option for proper dmg without WM is Backfist.

Just tried Haymaker there a few times:
    CR227 vs 126 Sparing target (no buffs ofc just straight dmg)-

ROUND 1
    Melee 1 968 dmg
    Melee 2 1957 dmg
    Melee 3 2585 dmg
    Uppercut 5147 dmg
    Haymaker 4413 dmg
    TOTAL 14970

ROUND 2
    Melee 1 983
    Melee 2 1931
    Melee 3 2348
    Uppercut 5060
    Haymaker 4324
    TOTAL 14646

ROUND 3
    Melee 1 2108 (crit)
    Melee 2 2078
    Melee 3 2377
    Uppercut 10010 (crit)
    Haymaker 4012
    TOTAL 20585

When I was Earth Power, Unstoppable would hit between 2000-10000 and Jackhammers first hit between 4000-15000 in around 3 seconds. Each Haymaker takes about 5-6 seconds to complete and 1-2 to get back into.
    3 seconds for higher dmg than what you can do in 5.... You can see where the Math leads.

I dunno, between WE numbers and the drop of Serums, I think the devs just hate the idea of a Super Strength option almost as much as they apparently hate Superman himself.
    • Like x 4
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

thank you all for being with me ^^
    glad to hear im not the only one,
    taking the hard route... just 'cause!
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i was using the brawling WM shuriken storm clipped with weapon buff,
    to get the hit counter up and the artifact activated, before going melee.
    i guess it is one of the fastest ways, and you will need to do it often...
    maybe the dual wield WM flurry shot can do the same, with more dps!
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

i was testing when they brought up the new playstyle stats. at first i told them that i thought they should focus on giving the game one optimal playstyle (hybrid) wich would be the most fun one to play... and allow PFTT only, if ppl would be willing to compensate for it by spending a lot of SP into power or modding accordingly for it. what happened? they fused power and might, to give pftt more comfort.

well, if that wasn't enough, they brought the new playstyles out and the super powered stat was still generating nowhere near enough power back, you could actually use it anyways. on top of that, many players chose WE on test server, because they wanted the buff for weapons, even though they never used any weapon attacks at all... what came after, was not only they gave super powered more power to replenish faster, but also made it the best option by giving it an additionaly 10% might bonus (even though might attacks are hitting harder by default). i sayd nope... and this is what we have gotten.

if i remember correctly, they sayd they would give WE a buff for using WM's later after the revamp. they just never did. now, i only wonder if the artifact buffs are what devs actually meant. but i don't hope it actually did. because as sayd, the playstyle statpoint is uneven and doesnt take into account your weapon combos SP. also: the artefacts should be a bonus, not a requirement to make things even...
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

why haymaker is hitting weaker than uppercut is also a thing, wich was reported and never adjusted.
    well, they explained it with activation time... in my oppinion they should have adjusted it totally different:
    the longer your combo, the more dammage you will do, raising for each tenth of a second it takes. simple.
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

i totally agree that these are the only options to choose from, if you want to maximize your dammage.
    what i am still trying out is wich WM is hitting hard while also raising the hit counter fast over nine...
    because some weapons lack severely in many ways, especially the timing with buffs and combo counter.
    when i use brawling, then i can get three buffs in no time, but the homerun mastery is taking so long,
    at allmost every second try for the big hit, my weapon buff gets out and i will not land it being buffed...
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess it would help dramaticly, if the weapon buff would work longer...
    just like robo sidekick: activate it once and you will reduce power regeneration,
    but it stays activated untill it gets deactivated if you press the button for 3 seconds...
    • Like x 1
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

I think one of the biggest issues too, and im not blaming testers at all, is most if not all of the figures for WE were taken from testers practicing combos against the WT/League hall sparring targets. Sparring targets that just stand there and do nothing but take hits. They dont block, they dont lunge all over the place and they dont move behind you. Thats like someone going to a shooting range, mastering shooting a static target, and someone saying "good job, now you'll be able to shoot a fly". No, you wont.

I dunno.... I dont get how powers like Jackhammer can have a 360° area of effect and continuously hit every add around it at around 2k - 3k per second yet Brawlings normal hits dont get anywhere near that on WE. Maybe if Hybrid didnt exist it would have simplified the divide between the 2 and there'd be no worry about adjusting 1 or the other and making Hybrid too powerful. Wonder how many actually use Hybrid over PFFT and if its worth even having?
    • Like x 2
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not really that, weapons were actually a lot better a week before the revamp went live. Weapons got screwed when the devs took damage away from normal combos to give to WM which messed up hybrid dps big time. They should have just left it as it was and added a buff for WM in weapons expert.
    • Like x 2
  17. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Did they give any reason why this was done? Were there people complaining that WE or Hybrid was too strong or something? I couldnt get on and test but I was following it closely and based on the threads and videos I saw the majority were happy with it.
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah it was in a decent spot, not perfect, but closer then it is now. No one knows why the change was made, and since it happened only a week before release we had no time to get it changed back.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

This was the old way of dmg dealing more or less before the oversimplification with WM/AM. Keeping weapon buffs up..and using different powers based on situational purposes..alot more fun back then and required a decent amount of skill..prefer that..over the button smash fest..that hasnt gone away since AM was released.
    • Like x 2
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I miss those days sometimes. I like the pfft with some powers, but not all. Wish we had a mix of both...making WE and Hybrid builds more viable. Pfft rules dcuo atm.