Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Tocimus Committed Player

Took the build for a spin with some insidious gear through rotb. Felt like i was dealing alot more dmg and killing mobs alot faster.
    Though im not a fan of absorb in the loadout....not sure if its bcuz i barely used it and would rather have a quick cast cooldown or the tank in me demanding bd.
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

Has anyone played with using the healer artifact as a tank? When Artifacts first launched, you were restricted as to which ones you could buy based on role. When they released the second artifact they removed that restriction.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tocimus Committed Player

Well i guess we could proc it with pheromone bloom?
    Or do you mean just for the stats?
  4. L T Devoted Player

Just for the stats. Assuming you're using the dilu-refract thingy as your first trinket, your secondary options are
    • The precision dps trinket for extra damage
    • The legion trinket for extra damage and some dom
    • The supercharge trinket gives might and power and improves your supercharge if you're using eternal flame or your movement shield.
    • The healer trinket gives health and restoration.
    I'm thinking the healer trinket's stats might be worth more than the legion trinket's extra half second of immunity after a counter + extra dps, even if you're never activating the group buff. Was just wondering if anyone's tried it out. I haven't.
  5. Shelly Active Player

pug wild world!! Korlick we miss you :(
  6. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Funny you have mentioned this. I’ve just gone for the healer artifact as my 2nd slot for tank. I looked at the two possible options, the 2nd being the supercharge artefact. I think the healer one, even for tank, offers the best stats.. It’s has better health buff increments, with the resto ones thrown in for good measure. If a better artefact comes along I’ll move my resources into that one, it’s not a total loss to invest in the meantime.
    • Like x 1
  7. Vagrant Committed Player

My way of playing Fire, kind of unconventional but I could not stand Fireburst and Mass Det.

8. Tocimus Committed Player

Imo, the only unconventional part is using thrown meteor over the one that drops.
    Any particular reason for that? Extra dmg?
  9. Vagrant Committed Player

I literally say it in the video dawg lol
  10. Tocimus Committed Player

Bcuz you think the iconic inate might boost the dmg
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Big damage increase from Meteor Strike to Meteor. Both apply PI but Meteor does way more damage. I been experimenting with it. Getting an extra 1000 dps easy. There's a bit of a learning curve since it doesnt always hit. Flight hovering about head height helps and so does jumping before you throw. I like how when you lift it up your movement speed increase...not losing alot of time in rotation using it. Which I initially thought I would.

On another note I struggled a little in PanE with using it on Ultraman, its like he saw me lifting it and **** slapped me pretty hard a few times. There's no way to cancel that animation mid lift. I ended up on top damage wise, but also deaths. Had to switch it out for MS to get my SC builder up and going a little faster (which btw works awesome with SC artifact) I used it prolly at least 3 times if not 4 in the Ultraman round we did defeat him after a few wipes Plus MS just worked better since the animation was quicker for me. Easy switchout. I recommend trying Meteor. It surprised me alot.
    • Like x 1
  12. Vagrant Committed Player

You can jump cancel the Meteor animation to move if needed. You can also clip with stoke flames sometimes to get moving again. Absorb Heat can also be block cancelled sometimes.
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Again. Did not know. I like you Vagrant I dont care what they say about you, youre alright. Jk. Kudos. Now on to the game to test those out.
  14. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I tend to want to block and roll out of habit.
  15. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

Why did they remove the blue flame? And why do so few fire tank abilities set things on fire anymore?
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Actually quite a few powers apply burn. A perk of using Fire now a days. Most other powersets dont have that luxury
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Do all the powers that set things on Fire now stack? Or are we still at the some-do-some-don't stage?

Also, when I use Overheat, it sets my target on fire only even though close targets do take damage. Before it would set all close adds on fire as well.
  18. L T Devoted Player

They all stack now.

Unless you're dead set on full range there's generally better options than Overheat
    • Like x 1
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Overheat underperforms severely for powercost.
  20. Vagrant Committed Player

So after playing fire so long here are some things I would love to see for the power.

METEOR
    • Needs invisibility frames (seconds of invulnerability) or a faster animation. This is to make up for the long animation of summoning the ball as currently if you get stunned during the summoning your character will actually glitch and have the meteor stuck to him/her for about a minute or so, during this whole time you sometimes can't attack, use powers, etc.
    ABSORB HEAT
    • Fix the issue with the power not being able to be block cancelled.
    SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION
    • Increase damage and area of effect. Currently as a 300 cost power it hits too low. (Avg about 6-8k after explode)
    OVERHEAT
    • Increase damage, reduce cool down from 12 seconds to 9 seconds and increase area of effect.
    • Make this apply burning.
    FIREBURST
    • Make empowered channeling apply to this power.
    • Increase range.
    MASS DETONATION
    • Make empowered channeling apply to this power.
    • Like x 5