Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Just throwing this in here in case anyone hasnt seen it yet, Ive tested some variations but have yet to find a LO that does better on Multiple Targets. The only thing Ive changed since this video was made was taking out NVB and adding in Fireball Barrage as my SC. Im reworking a ST LO video to show. The ST LO is outdated now with recent changes to Iconics. Got a couple more tests to run before I finalize my ST LO, but I will post once I get it close to what I was doing damage wise.

2. tyrose Level 30

yep I cant use robot sidekick because meteor will hit it instead of targets

Shame too, because i really like the damage out. untill i can afford better gear for more might and power. only about 17k might atm.
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

It is a shame. Fire would be great if we had a couple of adjustments and our powers hit consistently.

You're on your way. Fire is my main and I've reached max cr for time being. I'm just working on skill points. Doing all the stuff I hate (Legends stuff and PvP). I missed out on alot of sp because of those. Sitting at 226 now. My base might is a little over 22k. If your a hero on USPS server look me up. I will run with ya...maybe share some stuff with each other on Fire DPS. Im pretty good, but could still learn some stuff.
  4. tyrose Level 30

well for multi target I pretty much run yours with a couple swaps, I can run about 9-10k per 10sec but with meteor i can get 12-13k. just cant use it ingame only targets

thats with 17k might with yours it would probly be higher
    • Like x 1
  5. tyrose Level 30

One more question if you don't mind. I am running through a simple rotation using AH. But sometimes it seems to get stuck in animation for an additional 60 sec or so after power has finished doing damage. whenever that happens i cant stop it. cant block or use any power. Also it seems to only happen whenever my power is low
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

This is happening for a long time now. Not only with A.H. but also with most of the channeled powers. Being Flame Cascade the most common. It was reported many many times, even during the Fire´s AM Revamps.
    The answer was, more or less, something like this: "we cant fix it because we cant reproduce it"
    • Like x 1
  7. tyrose Level 30

ok thanks for the info. This is first for me, guess I have been lucky. But it only seems to happen when im almost out of power
    • Like x 1
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Yeah, glitches sometimes. Hate that when it happens
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Updated video for fire DPS just uploaded. I made some small changes in the wake of the iconic Nerfs. In my multi-target loadout I substituted Neo Venom boost with Fireball barrage. In my single target load out, I replaced overheat with wildfire and adjusted the rotation accordingly. All damage has remained the same maybe just a little better number-wise on sparring targets but improved in content. I will upload some footage from content to show the loadouts in action.

• Like x 1
  10. Inferneus Level 30

are there guides for fire dps that dont use casted powers? like inferno and flame cascade and few more instant abilities? or some melle fire dps? or those dont work?
  11. L T Devoted Player

With the right load out fire can be a decent melee DPS.... It's not popular because nobody wants to use weapons at all.

Inferno - Stoke Flames - Enflame - Flashpoint - Immolation - Volcanic Calamity

Start with your first 3 abilities to set up damage over time, then use Flashpoint with weapon attacks in between. I use staff downward smash because it matches the cool down of Flashpoint. Use Immolation to clip when you're taking damage.

This is pretty much pure melee. If you can't get up close and stay close your damage will be really poor. You could replace Immolation and either Enflame or Stoke with a couple of ranged abilities as a compromise. If you do you'll probably wind up with something mysteriously close to the load out I posted a while back ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. EP Ice Loyal Player

L T,

I use Inferno, Meteor Strike, Fireburst, Mass Detonation, Flame Cascade with Volcanic Calamity as a SC.

My rotation on open world adds and small adds in alerts and raids is..

MS>MD>FB>FC (until MS is off cool down).

Boss fights...

Inferno>MD>FB>FC and then hit MS and repeat rotation.

The damage is pretty decent but I’m wondering how I can improve it. I’m not a melee type of player. Any suggestions?
    • Like x 1
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I have a couple different melee type builds. One is a BattleTank build, the other is a precision build.

My BattleTank build uses some dps gear: face, shoulders, hands & feet. I also use a DPS weapon 1H w/ DW WM. The rest of my gear is Tank gear.My loadout is...
    Inferno, Immolation, Hard Light Shield, Backdraft, Flashpoint, and Flame Cascade or Detonate. I often switch out FC or Det for Fireburst for adds after they get knocked down. My roatation goes: run into a group of adds, Backdraft, Inferno clipped with Immolation, into flashpoint, adds get knocked down and I use 1H to DW WM or FC, or Det, or FB. Mostly I set up burn for Fire Defense buff, pop a shield and keep adds juggling mixing in weapon attacks and burst abilities. I have used Bow into SmokeBomb WM, it does well, but I prefer the 1H because it's just funner to use for me.

My precision build focuses on more weapon and small burst abilities. My Loadout is Inferno, Stoke Flames, Fiery Weapon, Detonate, RSK...and lastly I either equip Immolation or a SC depending on content.
    My rotation is Inferno, clipped with Stoke Flames, clipped with Fiery weapon, into Bow SB WM, Det, Bow SB WM, Det, Bow SB WM, Det....repeat. I have parsed damage close to my PFTT builds.

If you find me on YouTube I have a video showing the Precision build rotation and parsing. I had a Fire BattleTank Build posted on there but removed it for an updated video I will be posting soon.

Happy Gaming.
  14. L T Devoted Player

I have damage numbers for all Fire's moves at home. I'll post them tonight.

I've never been a big fan of either fireburst or mass detonate. Too much risk, not enough rewards. That having been said pretty much everyone uses them as as long as you're not interrupted the dps can be decent.

If revamp Fire has a killer, signature move, I would say it's Absorb Heat. If you have the power I'd substitute it for flame Cascade in your rotations above and see how you do.
    • Like x 2
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Absorb Heat is a great Fire Ability no doubt.
    • Like x 2
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

I made the change and I like it. It took some getting used to but it makes a difference. Thanks for the advice
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Youre full precision?
    I use something like that. But instead of Inferno i use Meteor to build the Supercharge (Neo Venom).
    If the boss does a lot of AoE i change the Robot for Immolation.
    And if i run with a really good Troll, i put Flashpoint instead of Stoke Flame.
    • Like x 1
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

tank QUESTION: should i mod only health instead of health/dominance or rather health/restoration?
    generator mods: is it better to go for restoration, instead of dominance for the support mods?
    taking artefacts into account: i only have both the weapon artifacts at 100, giving me dominance...
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'm not "full" precision but my precision is at 10.3k. I respec all my might/power into precision...all my gear remains the same...built for Might and Power Pftt build. Works really well. I like what you switch in and out I do similar things running my prec build. I use MS for the knockdown and NVB as my SC alot. Works very well in that build. Very fun and engaging to play with a prec build. Pftt can get tedious at times, but i have yet to match the damage potential from pftt with a prec build. Wish they would buff the damage for a hybrid focus a little, and buff WE focus alot more. I also wish the PI's worked on weapons like they used to. If it did it would open up more diversity in builds around the community.
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

LT is your man. Try quoting one of his posts and maybe he could give you some good advice. I'd be interested in what he says as well.
    • Like x 1