The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

hey all you gadgets masters ;)

im atm muni , main troll and second dps, and will change to Gadgets. Muni is Boring and to much hyped and Gadgets looks realy cool.

can i play it fast and mobility near an muni char?
    its hard to learn gadgets for an "random muni" player?
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

It's just as fast as any other animation that doesn't channel. I'm pretty sure Munitions is long channel mobility AM. I think the most amount of time a channeling power last for munitions is the standard 3 seconds. Gadgets animations with the AM all last 1 second except for Fear Gas but you can jump cancel that.

Although you are not as mobile as Munitions, you can be mobile with Gadgets. You have to jump often though. It's limited movement compared what you're used to. Cast a power and press jump (forward/backward/to the side). A good Gadgets DPS never stays planted in one spot because you want to make sure you're jumping to put yourself in a location where you're registering Melee damage on targets.

The AM overall is not hard to learn. Some players struggle with jump canceling Fear Gas. Other players struggle with choosing the correct PI powers. Once you understand the basics you can pretty much choose you're own loadout. What comes after is practicality in content. Stuff like keeping your combat time up, trinket buffing, making sure you're orbital and supercharge are dropped on atleast 2 targets... just the overall number chasing stuff that most players forget is what goes on the scorecard and not just the powerset alone.

I have a video on how the AM works. Idk if you've seen it. Some players are readers for info and other want visuals.

This link
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...de-to-everything-gadgets.318/page-2#post-2189
    has a video and Q&A to common questions. If you scroll down further I have a video on how to use the AM in long hallways.
    • Like x 1
  3. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

Thank you Sir !
    Sounds nice and not to hard to learn it :D
    and now ill take a look into the link/Video.
    /salute
  4. AlexanderUnder Level 30

Shame...cuz i ve heard about devs ll delete all mid-range or range situations like u can do same dmg as range or melee so i hoped that pdart will be our big burst dmg power. But seems like, will need to learn another way to play gadgets.
    Ok, thx for info anyway :)
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You were misinformed. The 3 range mechanic is going away so our damage won't be scaled depending on range anymore. The same power will do the same damage at any range, so EMP won't do more damage when in melee range for example. Instead, base damage will be balanced with regards to range so that lower range powers just straight up do more damage than longer ranger powers.
    At least that's what was said and what has been the case on test so far.
  6. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

If they were to bring back Clown Bomb and place it in Iconics. I be a happy camper
    • Like x 1
  7. Lucas Slainte New Player

Yes Clown Bomb and the old non SC back flip for acrobats lol.;)
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

Overall info that came with Stats Revamp 1.3.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-3.283783/

Movement abilities were updated (think of looking for something that clips in Acro). More stats is on the stats screen.
    Cool down and power costs should be in the tool tips now.

Power costs should be lowered to the following new values.
    "Low =100 (was 135)
    Medium = 200 (was 270)
    High = 300 (was 450)"

The instant power heals were reverted back to a lower cool down which is a good thing in regards to limited power healing.
    "Lowered cooldown for Psychic Empowerment and Defibrillator from 3 to 1.5 seconds"

Power healing from Controllers is increased. That could refer to Instant Power Heals & PoT (innate)

There is no mention of strengthening Controller shields to what they are on Live. Only Tanks are mentioned.

Damage Debuff is doubled. That means It went from a 7% damage reduction in total damage from NPCs to 14% damage reduction in total damage from NPCs. It should still continue to remove specific boss or NPC damage buff special attacks.

The defense Debuff was also doubled. That means it went from a reduction in defense of 33% on NPCs to 66% defense reduction. If everything says the same as far as defense goes on Live to Test with 15% defense on a majority of NPCs, that means that damage mitigation went from 5% (what we allow with the defense debuff) to 10%.

On Live cast the defense debuff and you go from 15% defense on a NPC to 10% defense on a NPC. That's 5% we penetrate.
    On Test it should now be 15% defense on most NPCs to 5% defense on NPCs when you throw a defense debuff. That's 10% penetration. A dev still needs to confirm 15% defense is on most NPCs though. There's also something with regards to the defense to mitigation conversion which I think is the same.

There's also the question on penetrating strikes now with this.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Spord said the change was to all shields. ^.^
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

Shin-O-B posted this in another thread. It's what I do when I color code PI's and Powers. This saved me time since I don't have to do it now. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-3-gadgets.283811/
    • "These abilities apply and exploit Power Interactions, and are the links for Power Interaction chaining. All are medium cost.
      • Napalm Grenade - Applies Burning and exploits Dazed and Frostbite power interactions
      • Gauss Grenade - Applies Electrify and exploits Dazed and Frostbite power interactions
      • Fear Gas - Applies Dazed and exploits Burning and Electrifypower interactions
      • Cryo-Foam - Applies Frostbite and exploits Burning and Electrify power interactions
    • These abilities APPLYPower Interactions
      • Suppressor Turret - Applies Burning and Electrify power interactions at a high summon cost
      • Thermite Mine - Applies Burning at a high cost
      • Taser Pull - Applies Electrify at a low cost
      • Cuff 'em - Applies Dazed at a low cost
      • Holographic Decoy - Applies Dazed at a low cost
      • Neural Neutralizer - Applies Dazed at a medium cost
    • These abilities EXPLOITPower Interactions most effectively
      • Sticky Bomb - Exploits Burning at a high cost
      • EMP Pulse - Exploits Electrify at a high cost
      • Implosion Mine - Exploits Electrify at a high cost
      • Paralyzing Dart - Exploits Dazed at a low cost
      • Vortex Cannon - Exploits Dazed at a high cost
      • Surprise Attack - Exploits Dazed at a high cost
      • Cryo-Field - Exploits the Frostbite power interaction at a medium cost
      • Photon Blast - Exploits the Burning and Frostbite power interactions at a medium cost"
    These are also changes posted.

"Gadget Powers adjustments for this round:
    o Ability unlock order has been rearranged
    o Defibrillator - The cooldown has been reduced and output has been adjusted for this Power Heal
    o Suppressor Turret - This pet now immortal and unattackable after spawn, and lives for a limited duration
    o Battle Drone - This pet is now unattackable after spawn
    o Cryo-Foam - The Cryo-Foam ability returns! Now deals burst damage instead of damage over time
    o Holographic Decoy - The duration and cooldown has been rebalanced; No longer generates Supercharge
    o Stasis Field - Now generates Supercharge on use
    o Stealth - The form no longer grants a passive Critical Hit bonus, as this bonus is now innate to Cuff 'Em and Surprise Attack
    o Thermite Mine - This is now available outside Stealth
    o Implosion Mine - This is now available outside Stealth
    o Updated Power Interactions across the board; We removed Terror and created more synergy."

As far as testing goes, I can only do it for a limited time. I won't have free time until next weekend.

Penryn listed the Debuffs switches.
    Damage Debuff
    • Paralyzing Dart
    • Vortex Cannon
    Defense Debuff
    • EMP Pulse
    • Stasis Field
    Healing Debuff
    • Cryo-Field
    • Sticky Bomb
    3 abilities up there are midrange for each debuff with 1 being slightly melee. Some players might be inexperienced with casting a melee or midrange debuff. All you have to do is lunge in with hold melee or square then immediately clip with the debuff you're going to use like CryoField or EMP before you're character physically touches the NPC. As long as the range of the power's AoE hits the target you're fine. It's not difficult to do. Overall it's just slightly more effort.

Below is the link where someone ask spord if the shield changes applied to healers and controllers.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-3.283783/page-4#post-3891421
    I'll check out the strength tonight.
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That looks pretty good. Lots of chain options there. Two options each for exploiting Daze/Frostbite and Burn/Electrify and each of those applies a PI from the other group. So all you need for a PI chain rotation is alternating between one from each group. You can go 1-2-1-2 or 1-2-1-3 or 1-2-3-4 depending on how many loadout slots you want to use. With the loss of PI damage on Fear Gas JC I don't see it getting used a lot anymore though.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea the double PI option is much better. It's like a web of PI's.

For Fear Gas, if they doubled (possibly tripled) the damage from the Burst tick at the end of the channeling on a target that has the proper PI on it, they I would probably use it. But right now on test, your D.P.S. is better off using 2 Vortex cannons or powers with similar damage range. If I was **** on power costs and I wanted to save then yea i would use Fear Gas but other than that no. If they do double or triple the damage on the ending channeling burst tick then the power cost should probably go up too.
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

The following thread confirms the debuff percentage changes for TEST server Stats Revamp...
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...27-2017-stats-revamp-1-3.283807/#post-3891603

Adjusted Controller Debuffs
      • Defense Debuff: From 5% to 10%
      • Damage Debuff: From 5% to 10%
      • Healing Debuff: Remains at 25%
    My info on the defense is correct. It's 10% penetration now. The healing debuff remained the same with 25% reduction in heals received. However, at some point the damage debuff was nerfed. It could have been between the time long after Sore asked Tunso for me about info on the debuffs the last time he went to SOE Live and when they nerfed the defense debuff, or it could have been nerfed during phase 1 and 2 of the stats revamp. Either way 10% is better than 5 even though 14% would have obviously been better than 10.

Here's other info related to shields and NPCs/control effects

• Increased the contribution of Restoration and Dominance to shields
    • Crowd Control effects should last for a longer duration
    • Adjusted NPC Breakout profiles so they do not always immediately use Breakout
    • Reduced damage and health of Raid NPCs
    • Increased damage and reduced health of Group Boss NPCs
    • Greatly increased the health and damage of Group Sub Boss NPCs
    • Reduced health and damage of Group Match and Group Minion NPCs
    • Increased health and damage for the weakest solo NPCs

If test server is up this weekend, I'll recheck the damage numbers on all the abilties. I only did a few before. Overall they did receive a reduction in damage but that's because if they adjusted power healing correctly, your frequency of casting powers is suppose to be higher as opposed to having harder hitting powers with less frequency of use. Higher damage with less frequency results in less D.P.S. when dealing with PFT (Play From Tray - more convenient to type as opposed to what they call PFTT).

Also, CC effect are suppose to last longer and I haven't updated their duration. Last time I was on I only focused on damage and damage bugs. So I'll focus on that before i do rotations or gameplay.
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

A long time ago I made a thread requesting encasment breakers for Gadgets. For reasons new, some of the same concerns in that old thread, we're getting encasement breakers on 3 offensive powers I think and 1 non offensive which is self destruct. It'll be more interacting for a controller depending on power game play.

I also forgot to post here that it doesn't matter what you're powers range is when it comes to debuffing. That's because even at max range on a melee power, the debuff effect will register. I'm waiting for next build to go up on test seeing as how there's little feed back to give on bugs that penryn or I added. The only bothersome thing about feedback on abilities during changes like this is when any pest continues giving poorly thought out suggestions.

I forgot. I'm curious if this dev team knows about the fact you lose the full natural damage modifier in stealth form. However you should get the minor buff from the HT mod for not being in damage role if that exists. It's still not full damage. I haven't brought it up in the test thread but if it's not adjusted in next build, watch no one mention when BB starts doing slightly less damage when used from within stealth in next build. no one's mentioned the debuff in form at all yet or that the crit boost is meant to compensate for the lack of modifier. All the crit needed was fine tuning especially if they can't fix innate damage modifiers in stealth form...
    • Like x 1
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

First, at some point towards the end of Stats Revamp, there will also be an announcement.

Second, I received help from Shiny Mackerel on the Base info equation for Stats Revamp. I won't be able to commit 100% to applying it to each power in Gadgets until possibly next weekend (Med Exam related). 4 other players in my circle have access to it and they'll apply it to their respective powers (which includes Gadgets) when they have time. It should be much sooner than when I can do this. We'll all compare info and make it "official" for Gadgets here at some point.

Base damage information makes it easier for players to compare damage from one power to the next in a powerset. That's because we'll deal with much smaller numbers as opposed to numbers in the thousands. 2 digit numbers are simple to register. With them, you can choose specific powers for their damage much faster, that'll be along with how many targets they hit, their range, type of damage, power cost, and set up time/ cool down.
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Don't know if you saw it yet but last time I checked, the stat formulas were added to the descriptions on test. Should make it much easier to test and confirm stuff like base damage numbers.
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I saw them. I was nagging about how they werent transparent with formulas in the previous test threads and I kept asking for them in PMs. I thought they would put them in the forums but they did something better and just put it in game. Thing is some players might not know how to reverse it.

The ranges are smaller and easier to test. What takes time is making sure to have a solid range of numbers with a constant high and constant low. If someone wants to be accurate, that part is the most time consuming. when I have a chance to do them, i'll be posting the high and low base plus the average. That should be +/- 5% of the average.

Shiny also informed me that NPC defense is now 20% instead of 15%. So we'll also be able to figure out how much damage will hit the NPC which is straight forward (also with the new defense debuff up).
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Wow, 20% NPC mitigation might actually make Penetrating Strikes and Defense debuffs a bit better.

10% Defense debuff: 0.9/0.8 = 1.125, so 12.5% damage increase.
    What's the number for Pen Strikes now?
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

I don't know. I never checked it.

On live i'm pretty sure it's the same as the defense debuff. It might be the same on test server as the new defense debuff. Idk though because then what would make it so NPC have no defense right? i don't think they would do that. So maybe it's something less? Maybe something to allow for like 15% defense removal in total with the defense debuff up too***. In like a few minutes, someone will tell us.

Edit: Penryn checked the label on test server

Penetrating Strikes is:
    Ignore 2% Defense and Toughness
  20. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Hm, still better than Core Strength then. CS is just a flat 2% damage buff iirc and with 20% NPC mitigation PS checks out at 2.5% (0.82/0.8 = 1.025). Even with a Def Debuff active, PS will still be better (0.92/0.9 = 1.022). Not that the difference will be noticeable. With all the damage related tac mods down to ~2% the differences will be more in the actual tactical mods that work better or worse with different playstyles. The flat damage increases won't be significant anymore.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.